British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wazojugs

i will be there fri/sat/sun come rain or shine cant wait. :D

i will take pics but cant guarantee that they will be top quality snaps :?

fingers crossed for and alonso win. \:D/

cerebraljl

wazojugs wrote:fingers crossed for and alonso win. \:D/
[-o<

ds.raikkonen

KIMI RAIKKONEN anybody? what the heck....he ll most definitely win, a wet race is a probability, and Hamilton spinning on the first corner too :twisted: (oops...sorry brits :wink: )...Scuderia Ferrari all the way fellas. Alonso might come back in raging fury after the French qualy incident, so im exp good result from him too.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

pRo

G-Rock wrote:Lewis is a great driver but he is due for a mistake and I think it will happen at Silverstone. She's a tough track that doesn't always reward an attacking, confident driver. I don't know who will win but I don't it will be LH.
I agree, Lewis will make a mistake some day.

But don't forget he has already driven tons of laps in Silverstone, F1 in tests and other cars in other classes. I'm sure it's one of the most familiar tracks to him and he knows how to drive there.

Of course the pressure from home audience might affect this. Especially if Ferrari is faster and he really has to push it. But I doubt it.

I think we'll see his mistake on one of the new tracks, where he hasn't driven a thing. Like Monaco. Where he touched a fence in the race, but didn't break anything. Not to mention the crash in practice.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

modbaraban

cerebraljl wrote:
wazojugs wrote:fingers crossed for and alonso win. \:D/
Image [-o<
Finally we got some proof of Ron favoring Alonso :P

I hope Kimi wins with Heidfeld and Kubica for podium. :)

Tom

Go DC, ok its an outside chance but still, he's done it twice before and one of those times I was there, sitting at Abbey \:D/ .

Pro said:
I think we'll see his mistake on one of the new tracks, where he hasn't driven a thing. Like Monaco. Where he touched a fence in the race, but didn't break anything. Not to mention the crash in practice.
Actually Lewis won at Monaco 3 times before coming in F1. Surprisingly he'd never raced at Montreal or Indy though!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

Tom wrote:Actually Lewis won at Monaco 3 times before coming in F1.
I know, I actually pointed it out in the Monaco-thread. 8)

(have to admit, I could've been clearer with the above text :oops: )

wowf1

I'm going but I definitely want rain! I don't mind getting soaked if the race is a stonker (which rain always brings nowadays)

Alonso to win I reckon.

mahesh248

can't wait for this race , going to be awesome i guess

Tp
Tp

wowf1 wrote:I'm going but I definitely want rain! I don't mind getting soaked if the race is a stonker (which rain always brings nowadays)

Alonso to win I reckon.
Yeah, I'm with you on that one....But only if it was to rain.

If it is to remain dry, I'd say Raikonnen to win. I think he's got the car where he wants it now, so he can start bringing some strong results for the team.

Going back to the predictions for a wet GP....

The only wet session we've had this year was the Monoco GP, Saturday Practice and the driver who surprised everyone was Sutil who came P1, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes in the race if it is to rain.
Last edited by Tp on 06 Jul 2007, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

Saribro

Tp wrote:The only wet session we've had this year was the Monoco GP, Saturday Practice, I think, the driver who surprised everyone was Sutil who came P1, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes in the race if it is to rain.
One thing's for sure, he'd leave Albers in the dust... well.. mud, with the rain..and the dust...mixing...and all. MUD!

pRo

First practice is over. Hamilton being the fastest, Raikkonen only a tenth behind him. Massa, Alonso, Rosberg made it to the top 5 in that order.

Anyone notice that Massa drove around with rain tyres up front and dry tyres on the rear? :shock:

siskue2005

pRo wrote:
Anyone notice that Massa drove around with rain tyres up front and dry tyres on the rear? :shock:
wow seriously??????
do u have any pics?? :shock: :shock:

pRo

siskue2005 wrote:
pRo wrote:
wow seriously??????
do u have any pics?? :shock: :shock:
Yeah, seriously.

I don't have any pics. :? And I can't seem to find any online either.

siskue2005

was he doing long runs with that, or just did one lap?