British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FLC
FLC

Cyco wrote:A very Senna style move by Hamilton to start his last lap with only seconds left.
Like every other driver out there through the whole session???

waynes

FLC wrote:Not to underrate LH's job, but I was the only one who saw KR's mistake in the last sector?
i saw it, and he will definately win tomorrow

hopefully :D

boban-mk

All weekend slower then Alonso and Ferraries by half second. In Q3 is fastest. Very very light :lol: same as in France.

Cyco

FLC wrote:Like every other driver out there through the whole session???
No-one else (that I saw) did a tyre change or started their last lap as late. Not quite the Senna style of crossing the line to start with only 1 or 2 seconds left, but cutting it a lot finer than anyone else.

checkered

How'bout this?

1) RBR announces that they've extended DC's contract by a year. It is also understood that Webber's contract lasts through 2008. Earlier Dietrich Mateschitz had indicated that if Ralf wasn't able to continue with Toyota, he would offer RS a seat at his No.1 team.

2) In 2007, RS has qualified 9th, 9th, 14th, 17th, 20th, 18th, 12th, 11th - losing out to his teammate each and every time. Now, he goes through to Q3 for the first time, qualifies 6th, showing real speed in Q2 as well and well above Trulli for the first time this season.

Do I need to start drawing conclusions or is this some kind of a fluke? :wink:

checkered

A fun detail from

the quali press conference (a lot of time was spent recounting and much was made from how Lewis had shouted things like "Yes!" - off the radio of course - for the whole in lap after Q3 and securing P1):
Q: (Anne Giuntini – L’Equipe) I just wanted to ask Kimi and Fernando if you will shout in the radio tomorrow if you win?
KR:
Probably not. (Laughter)
FA: Probably not.

modbaraban

Amazing quali, tbh.

Just a shame that Ant ended it that way, releasing the brakes would definitely let him through the grass to that strip of tarmac and hopefully back on the road for another fast lap. The traffic really absorbed his 1st attempt.

manchild

checkered wrote:...Do I need to start drawing conclusions? :wink:
Yes, he is on low fuel :lol:

enkidu

Do you really think he'll be that light??? Remembering that Alonso did a lap without fuel on hard tyres that was .4 faster than Ferarri's on soft. I think it was a perfect lap from Hamilton but i've got my fingers crossed he's no more than 2 laps shorter on the fuel.

Saribro

enkidu wrote:Do you really think he'll be that light???
Recall Suzuka 2006, they qualified 3 and 4, hit the pits at lap 12 and 13 before anyone else.

manchild

Saribro wrote:
enkidu wrote:Do you really think he'll be that light???
Recall Suzuka 2006, they qualified 3 and 4, hit the pits at lap 12 and 13 before anyone else.
Or Indy 2005 - Trulli had fuel for 3 laps.

checkered

I've seen estimates that

Hamilton is around three laps short compared to Raikkonen and Alonso. This is interesting for a couple of reasons. First, if either of the two is only a single second down from Hammy as he pits on lap 16-17 (or thereabouts), it'd take just one lap to get ahead of him - so three laps is a considerable margin. Either Lewis takes it easy and protects his WDC position or really drives to the limit ... I'd say he'll try for as long as the harder tyres start working properly and then some (three to five laps) and if his competition remains within a striking distance, counts his losses.

Secondly, if the Maccas are on a very different tactic, it would be a departure from Ron's "absolutely evenhanded" approach of always having his two drivers pitting on consecutive laps. Maybe Ferrari's improving pace has set some new priorities. But considering that Sunday's predominant weather type looks to be heavy showers, preformulated tactics might end up playing a much lesser role.

vs331

Alonso completed his last in Q3 just before the checkered flag came down. Why didnt he compleye one more lap? Did anyone else notice this?

enkidu

There is a few good things with Hamilton being lighter, he should hopefuly get away from the lights first. He wont kill he's tyres as quick and should be a little more consistant with the first stint lap times. But for him to pull this off he's going to have to do qually laps every lap until the first stop.

C/\D

vs331 wrote:Alonso completed his last in Q3 just before the checkered flag came down. Why didnt he compleye one more lap? Did anyone else notice this?
I notcied but i dunno. May be he thout that he has done the best of him last lap. Can someone explain that, Was alonso able to pit on his after checkered flag lap ??
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes