British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FLC
FLC

Maybe he felt the tires were past their optimum performance.

allan
allan

THEY LOST IN THEIR OWN HOME!!! :twisted:
I really liked James Allen's disappointment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D

British Driver
British Team
British GP
One Loser :D

waynes
waynes

allan wrote:THEY LOST IN THEIR OWN HOME!!! :twisted:
I really liked James Allen's disappointment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D

British Driver
British Team
British GP
One Loser :D
:D

enkidu
enkidu

I take it your boring glory hunter Ferrari supporters then??

:P

Mclaren were just not on the pace today, its a shame because I would like to have seen it closer than that.

waynes
waynes

enkidu wrote:I take it your boring glory hunter Ferrari supporters then??

no

im a jenson button fan, but am taking great delight in the fact kimi has won again and denied mclaren victory

enkidu
enkidu

waynes wrote:
enkidu wrote:I take it your boring glory hunter Ferrari supporters then??

no

im a jenson button fan, but am taking great delight in the fact kimi has won again and denied mclaren victory
Im a Jenson fan also :) But at heart i've always been a Mclaren fan as a team. Honda are just not cutting the mustard for my support, they was swaying me when they were prodrive. Moving forward, coming up with good designs etc. But this year is pants lol

Carlos
Carlos

Principessa - Great overview and "wrap up" of the race :!:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/6373

Tp
Tp

Tp wrote:If it is to remain dry, I'd say Raikonnen to win. I think he's got the car where he wants it now, so he can start bringing some strong results for the team.
\:D/ Great success \:D/

Hamilton's home race marked his first mistake (in the pit stop), albeit a small and insignificant one, but which could of ended up an Albers-style disaster.

It's a shame BMW are far off the Mclaren/Ferrari pace, because it would be great to see them capitalise on any races where the top two are not having a good weekend - because at the moment out-right pace is not winning the championship, it's consistency.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I tuned in to this race to enjoy a Hamilton win :D

Well.........I was treated to Kimi putting in some searing laps before the first pit-stop.........WOW!!!!!!!!!! I don't mind a guy like that beating "our man" :D

Mugged by Alonso too.................

Aahhhh well back down to earth.

The kid's still very, very good.............

hatchet man
hatchet man

vs331 wrote:
Alonso completed his last in Q3 just before the checkered flag came down. Why didnt he compleye one more lap? Did anyone else notice this?
I also saw Massa cross the line before the session was over, Raikkonen missed it by 4-5 seconds. I was puzzled when neither Alonso nor Massa completed another lap.

Watching qualifying on TSN, Vic Rauter gave Hamilton pole position at the end of the second sector... perhaps it was a conspiracy to keep Hamilton on pole!!! :P

Just kidding, it was a good lap but I must admit I would have preferred to see Raikkonen on pole.

Saribro
Saribro

Well, what can you say...
Flawless execution from Kimi, and I declared Felipe as driver of the race in my living room before the first pit stop :).

Short-stopping Alonso was an interesting (and probably good) idea from McLaren, but I think they just missed the pace, regardless of strategy, to get this win.

BMW and Renault got their unsuprising 3th and 4th team places. Renault seems to have found their consistency.

Honda up as 5th team, to my personal suprise, they could have another strong second season-half.

Red-Bull having a quality performance from Coulthard and a technical retirement from Webber again. I would have expected better from them by now, guess it goes to show how hard this sport is.

Williams getting stuck behind Coulthard was unfortunate, but that's racing. They had some good fights along the race though.

Toyota not living up to their qualifying performance, as usual.

Super Aguri, Torro Rosso and Spyker ran relatively anonymously, not much I can say.

That's how I experienced this race.

checkered

I think, realistically

Hamilton is still in quite a safe place - he's gonna lead after Nürnburgring no matter what. Ferrari looks to be very strong, really, from here on (the fluctuation in performance continues - 0.5 secs in Ferrari's favor now), but the propability of anyone besides Ferrari or McLaren finishing in the top four is fairly small and will remain so 'till the end of the season. It's even more impropable that we'll see a high number of Ferrari one-twos ... not every track features the high speed corners and mild temperatures that suit them so well. It's race by race for Massa and Raikkonen, looking at the numbers doesn't really make a difference in their situation - just go for wins and see where it gets ya.

There's a clear conflict of interest inside McLaren, though. Whereas the team wants both drivers to finish as high as possible for the WCC (especially when Ferrari is showing strength), Alonso knows very well that his chances of a 3rd WDC are contingent on the Ferraris finishing between him and Hamilton. Chipping two points per race is enough, theoretically, but he's as aware of the propabilities as anyone - Hamilton will still finish higher on occasion. Of course as far as Ron is concerned, he will guard the team's interest first and foremost. And it just happens that getting both drivers to finish as high as possible, and ahead of the Ferraris if it's feasible, is the only conceivable course of action. That plainly obvious logic, no matter how "evenhanded" the treatment of the drivers is by any conceivable standard, pretty much ensures Hamilton's WDC - if McLaren can match Ferrari in general. Managing this can't be the easiest task Dennis has faced.

Renault weren't happy at all after Silverstone ... Enstone isn't too far away and they'll go over the situation there first thing on Monday morning. The HQ is keeping on the pressure, insisting that the team must always be among the top three, there's always the (almost) unmentioned prospect of the parent company "losing long term interest" in F1. Now, obviously, everything must be geared towards achieving "the minimum" of starting to beat BMW towards the end of the season. Alain Dassas did his part of setting an intermediary goal at the Turkish GP ( http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60662 ) ... new parts worth 2 - 3 tenths will be introduced at the Spa tests, and the new front wing at Hungary. Another thing how much BMW Sauber can improve meanwhile.

And btw, our Indian F1T posters might do well to keep an eye on reports that Spyker is considering whether Karthikeyan should race for them in two weeks' time already. There are other candidates, too, but given that he was at Jordan already, perhaps he has a kind of an inside track as a replacement driver - and his sponsors can't hurt either as money is as tight as ever for the team.

Edit - Besides the scrap for win (a tacticians' race), I enjoyed the battle between Couthard, Rosberg and Massa ... they went at it for many corners on end in quite a spectacular fashion.

flynfrog

great race all around.

Massa coming form the back

The drama of alanoso's short pit

the cold hard speed out of kimi

DCs bulling of the young dogs

this race is what racing is about

Militia Est Vita

Great show overall, now Kimi and Felipinho are getting ridiculously close to Fernando in championship points so if all 3 of them want to keep reducing the gap to cath Hamilton this will only result in a fantastic end of the season :D
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

RH1300S wrote:The kid's still very, very good.............
Might I add in a car from the top two teams? That is why LH fails to impress me as much as he could. He is very skilled indeed, but there isnt that much of a challenge considering he has one of the best cars on the grid.
Where's the challenge for this rookie if everything is perfectly laid out infront of him?

Regarding the GP, amazing race, I actually saw it three times on sunday! And will most likely see it one more time tonight! Raikkonen blew away the competition, and Massa came from the back like a bat out of hell! Very very impressive race from the Scuderia. Im glad they have found their amazing performance once again. We shall be left to think about what could have been if Massa's engine hadn't died before the start. Surely another Ferrari 1-2 considering Mclarens performance, or at least podiums for both.
Felicidades Ferrari por su tremendo desempeño!

Massa - Driver of the Race.

Congrats to Alonso as well, a trully deserved 2nd place. Im glad he is still doing well amongst all the rivalry within his own team. And he is still rebelling (kind of) by not changing into clean overalls for the post-race conference! Compared to Lewis he looked like a miner! And if you speak Spanish, did you hear his comment about how the only thing that mattered to him was taking points away from his team mate? I found that very interesting, it was a really bold statement. I agree with him though!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.