Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ViiKING

Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

All those technical problems Michael Schumacher suffered at the decisive final part of the 2006 season... what in reality cost him and Ferrari the titles... was Nigel Stephney behind it?

I wonder..and I think it`s a pretty high probability this could be the case.

I am shocked and saddened.

nae
nae

thats the wonderful thing about wild speculation

ANYTHING is possible however improbable.

pRo

Re: Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

ViiKING wrote:I think it`s a pretty high probability this could be the case.
Care to explain that in depth? 8)

I think it's a pretty high probability, that Ferrari took a risk, cause they needed to be faster than the Renault. Sometimes stuff happens without any conspiracy behind it.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

FLC
FLC

Yes, just like about everything that's got to do with Ferrari in recent years, and we are trying to explain. Not everything is a conspiracy. Somehow it is a lot easier to understand when Ferrari is the one to suffer.
But seriously, Japan was after MS's announcment and at Maranello, staff members at Stepney's hierarchy prob. already knew about what was going to happen in terms of reorganisation.
I'm not saying it's true, just that it should be looked at in Italy. After all, it was very weird back then.

kurtiejjj

nae wrote:thats the wonderful thing about wild speculation

ANYTHING is possible however improbable.
Hahaha, very good! You sound like Sir Humprey Applebey of Yes minister! :lol:

Steven
Owner

Re: Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

ViiKING wrote:All those technical problems Michael Schumacher suffered at the decisive final part of the 2006 season... what in reality cost him and Ferrari the titles... was Nigel Stephney behind it?

I wonder..and I think it`s a pretty high probability this could be the case.

I am shocked and saddened.
If, first of all, Nigel is proven guilty of these facts for this year, I doubt it would extend to 2006. Back then his friend Ross Brawn was in charge and he was rather happy with the situation. When Brawn left however, he made it clear he wasn't feeling comfortable in his role but Ferrari denied his requests and in fact put him back at the factory.
If any of these espionage rumours are to be true, my idea is that the roots are with Brawns departure (onto his sabbatical).

manchild

Perhaps he sabotaged Alonsos's wheel nut in Hungary and engine in Monza too :roll:

siskue2005

manchild wrote:Perhaps he sabotaged Alonsos's wheel nut in Hungary and engine in Monza too :roll:
Maybe Alonso paid him to do those after Monza :shock: :lol: .....lol! :shock:
And now he gone to Mclaren , and paid again to get a good car :shock:
Maybe Alonso is the one :? :shock: :lol:

LoL what a wild imagination.....but it could be true ...lol (joking)

DaveKillens

In rebuttal, last season Ferrari was in a heated battle with Renault, and definitely NOT McLaren. If Stepnay was swayed (by McLaren) to sabotage his own team, it served absolutely no purpose because it really would have not benefitted McLaren in any way.

ViiKING

DaveKillens wrote:In rebuttal, last season Ferrari was in a heated battle with Renault, and definitely NOT McLaren. If Stepnay was swayed (by McLaren) to sabotage his own team, it served absolutely no purpose because it really would have not benefitted McLaren in any way.
When NS already in the middle of 2006 knew he was not going to get RB`s position why would he only get "angry" when we got to 2007???

I think he must have been even MORE p*ssed in 2006 at the time he learned he was not getting "his" promotion...

At first his no 1 ambition would likely be to harm Ferrari in any way possible to get his revenge...not to support Mclaren.

Handing over secrets to McLaren I think was a later idea.

I think NS is indeed guilty of sabotage against Ferrari in 2006 aswell.

Now FIA must act with a serious penalty against McLaren and show that what has been going on this season is not acceptable.

dumrick

ViiKING wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:In rebuttal, last season Ferrari was in a heated battle with Renault, and definitely NOT McLaren. If Stepnay was swayed (by McLaren) to sabotage his own team, it served absolutely no purpose because it really would have not benefitted McLaren in any way.
When NS already in the middle of 2006 knew he was not going to get RB`s position why would he only get "angry" when we got to 2007???

I think he must have been even MORE p*ssed in 2006 at the time he learned he was not getting "his" promotion...

At first his no 1 ambition would likely be to harm Ferrari in any way possible to get his revenge...not to support Mclaren.

Handing over secrets to McLaren I think was a later idea.

I think NS is indeed guilty of sabotage against Ferrari in 2006 aswell.

Now FIA must act with a serious penalty against McLaren and show that what has been going on this season is not acceptable.
I'm happy to have in this forum people so well informed. I even wonder what the FIA is doing investigating. Why don't they ask you about it? :wink:

Militia Est Vita

ViiKING wrote: Now FIA must act with a serious penalty against McLaren and show that what has been going on this season is not acceptable.
Well, what kind of penalty would it be? On autosport today's news they mention that this case is probably the worst of its kind in all F1 history but if anybody knows from a past similar case what kind of penalties did the FIA indicated?

This is far more serious than the 'team orders' at Monaco saga and we heard Ecclestone asking for a disqualification from the season, so given the present circumstances I wonder how Mosley and the FIA will proceed.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

nae
nae

ban them all for trying to get information of each other

once ron was seen looking at a Ferrari. he didnt apear to have a
camera but you knowing these industrial espionage types if was probably
in his shirt button.

its hardly the worst case of anything. mainly becuase as such there are no actual details from 'it' with which one can compare with other such things.

'these are the worst unsubstantiated accusations since the last time todt woke up on the wrong side of the bed'

let just wait the 5 years it will take for the Italians to look into it then perhaps we can discus it

siskue2005

nae wrote:ban them all for trying to get information of each other

once ron was seen looking at a Ferrari. he didnt apear to have a
camera but you knowing these industrial espionage types if was probably
in his shirt button.

its hardly the worst case of anything. mainly becuase as such there are no actual details from 'it' with which one can compare with other such things.

'these are the worst unsubstantiated accusations since the last time todt woke up on the wrong side of the bed'

let just wait the 5 years it will take for the Italians to look into it then perhaps we can discus it
what u mean by Ban them all???? :roll:
U mean to ban Ferrari coz some one stole it from them.....u must be joking :roll:

And yes there are actual details to compare it with......coz the "things" they collected from Colighns' house and the "things" which Stephney stole....and the actuall car data, their car .....all can be compared to see where did they benifit from

IMHO i would like to Mclaren stripped from Championship this year :!:

West

Why should McLaren be stripped of a possible title this year? McLaren says it did not use any of the data "provided" by Ferrari, although that may be very difficult to prove. It doesn't seem like Dennis or Newey would even stoop that low to beat Ferrari.

Maybe we should ban McLaren as a constructor for the rest of their life and revoke all their titles... who knows they may have stolen from other teams like Minardi
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements