Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
allan

siskue2005 wrote:
nae wrote:ban them all for trying to get information of each other

once ron was seen looking at a Ferrari. he didnt apear to have a
camera but you knowing these industrial espionage types if was probably
in his shirt button.

its hardly the worst case of anything. mainly becuase as such there are no actual details from 'it' with which one can compare with other such things.

'these are the worst unsubstantiated accusations since the last time todt woke up on the wrong side of the bed'

let just wait the 5 years it will take for the Italians to look into it then perhaps we can discus it
what u mean by Ban them all???? :roll:
U mean to ban Ferrari coz some one stole it from them.....u must be joking :roll:

And yes there are actual details to compare it with......coz the "things" they collected from Colighns' house and the "things" which Stephney stole....and the actuall car data, their car .....all can be compared to see where did they benifit from

IMHO i would like to Mclaren stripped from Championship this year :!:
Oh common give me a break... stripped from the Championship? I am a big Ferrari fan, but common! Mclaren's success wasn't only because they recieved some info from Ferrari. Remember that they've had a competetive car from the very begining of the season!! This is the second oldest team in F1 we are talking about, and it has its reputation to protect u know! And above all that, they have not used anything from that info.. at least they said they hadn't... Let's wait and see...

Tp
Tp

allan wrote:Oh common give me a break... stripped from the Championship? I am a big Ferrari fan, but common! Mclaren's success wasn't only because they recieved some info from Ferrari. Remember that they've had a competetive car from the very begining of the season!! This is the second oldest team in F1 we are talking about, and it has its reputation to protect u know! And above all that, they have not used anything from that info.. at least they said they hadn't... Let's wait and see...
Exactly remember when a few Toyota engineers managed to get their hands on some blue prints of the Ferrari F2003-GA (?)............... Look at Toyota now, still ---

allan

Tp wrote:
allan wrote:Oh common give me a break... stripped from the Championship? I am a big Ferrari fan, but common! Mclaren's success wasn't only because they recieved some info from Ferrari. Remember that they've had a competetive car from the very begining of the season!! This is the second oldest team in F1 we are talking about, and it has its reputation to protect u know! And above all that, they have not used anything from that info.. at least they said they hadn't... Let's wait and see...
Exactly remember when a few Toyota engineers managed to get their hands on some blue prints of the Ferrari F2003-GA (?)............... Look at Toyota now, still ---
speaking of which.. i still don't know how toyota got away with it even though their TF-103 (i'm not sure of the name) was an exact copy of the F2002 :?

Sawtooth-spike

allan wrote: Exactly remember when a few Toyota engineers managed to get their hands on some blue prints of the Ferrari F2003-GA (?)............... Look at Toyota now, still ---
speaking of which.. i still don't know how toyota got away with it even though their TF-103 (i'm not sure of the name) was an exact copy of the F2002 :?[/quote]

If it was it would of won races :)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

wazojugs

i think the similarities between the toyota and the ferrari ended after 4 wheels and a steering wheel

nae
nae

wazojugs wrote:i think the similarities between the toyota and the ferrari ended after 4 wheels and a steering wheel
as it does with the red team and the silver team

however i will grant you that knowledge is knowledge an that in itself can infer an advantage

but still its a common side of f1. they dont cover the wings / cars/ smashed things to stop us the public viewing them. NO its to stop the other 10 teams seeing anything (or at least to double bluff them)

:roll: :roll:

Tp
Tp

Allan's right.

:lol: :lol:

Tom

Did Nigel Stephney sabotage Ferrari/Schumacher in 2006?

Among statements this ranks somewhere near my friend's infamous
I'm like a beaver who likes to make cakes out of human pubic hair.
Obviously its complete b*llocks and the person who suggested it, on both occasions, should be locked up.

Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Rob W

Has anyone considered that maybe Stepney and Coughlan weren't doing to help McLaren but to get some info together take to another team next year? Toyota? Honda?

It would seem just as likely given that they still had the documents at home.. Why would they risk having them at home unless they needed them for down-the-track so to speak?

I actually feel sorry for Ron. he's undoubtedly going to be tarred with the 'cheating' brush just when his team is legitimately doing well.

Rob W

F1 Observer

manchild wrote:Perhaps he sabotaged Alonsos's wheel nut in Hungary and engine in Monza too :roll:
Those two occasions made me curse like never before in my life :D

Rob W

manchild wrote:Perhaps he sabotaged Alonsos's wheel nut in Hungary and engine in Monza too :roll:
Definitely. I think they also made Alonso hold up Massa in qualifying at Monza too..

They used special white powder for this. :lol:

Rob W

siskue2005

Rob W wrote:
Definitely. I think they also made Alonso hold up Massa in qualifying at Monza too..

They used special white powder for this. :lol:

Rob W
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :shock:

monkeyboy1976

Tp
Tp

Rob W wrote:Has anyone considered that maybe Stepney and Coughlan weren't doing to help McLaren but to get some info together take to another team next year? Toyota? Honda?

It would seem just as likely given that they still had the documents at home.. Why would they risk having them at home unless they needed them for down-the-track so to speak?

I actually feel sorry for Ron. he's undoubtedly going to be tarred with the 'cheating' brush just when his team is legitimately doing well.

Rob W
Nice idea, but why was Coughlan in possession of Ferrari technical information if they're going to bring it to the same team? Wouldn't it have been less risky if they'd both kept hold of their own team’s information before moving?

Rob W

Tp wrote:Nice idea, but why was Coughlan in possession of Ferrari technical information if they're going to bring it to the same team?..
Stepney had the info and needed to hide it - so he sent it to Coughlan - but didn't realise they would be able to track it.

How else would they figure out Coughlan was involved unless they tapped his phone/email?.. Surely two men that intelligent wouldn't be that amateurish in their espionage?

OR.. Ferrari found out he was being approached by another team (perhaps even McLaren) and decided to create a smear campaign so that no other team would dare hire him.

Rob W