Trouble at Toro-Rosso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ciro Pabón

Guys, I shouldn't say anything about people going off-thread (so say the pot to the kettle), but you're becoming as predictable as my old grand-aunts: another thread that ends discussing football vs football.

Checkered leaves me with a doubt: where did exactly Tost grab Speed? He says the shoulder, Speed says the neck. If I'd been furious (I wasn't) I would have grabbed him by the... :lol: These people at Toro Rosso could receive some advice on how to treat the drivers: either you throw them away or you don't at all. Arguing with them and then having to ask for excuses is no way to treat an employee... just ask Bernie at Brabham.

Some fans wish fights in the pit (at least you can count me! :)). Couldn't USA send some heavyweights? THEY would get some camera time... specially if they come from the Brooklyn's female soccer team. :)
Ciro

Belatti

Carlos wrote:Belatti - What could be more delightful than watching 2 teams of girls play soccer? :D

At a professional level of the sport; of course.
In fact, the last Rio 2007 Preolimpics was the first time I saw a girl Football match, and yes, I could tell you is delightful!!! :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

checkered

Ciro Pabón wrote:Checkered leaves me with a doubt: where did exactly Tost grab Speed? He says the shoulder, Speed says the neck.
Actually, "Tost denies grabbing Speed by the neck" was a recent Autosport headline, no less! (On their webpage) Maybe F1 has entered an era where "silly season" is supplemented by a "soap opera season". Bernie's plan to cater for every audience? Now that'd be a plot twist ...

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of our Lives ... in F1."
http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/

Before we know it, the F1 Championship will be in contention for a "Daytime Emmy" or two ( http://www.emmyonline.org/ ) and we'll see the advent of "human interest" F1 websites. Just a while ago I was watching a video of Mark Webber cooking pasta in his favourite restaurant on motorionline.tv! Please, don't ask me why ... (Off-off-topic; they've got a very nice interface, Streamcast player 1.1, but I couldn't find much info on it anywhere.)
Ciro Pabón wrote:If I'd been furious (I wasn't) I would have grabbed him by the... :lol:
:shock: I don't know where you're going with that and/or I hope it's just a figure of speech!

Tom

Ciro Pabón wrote:
If I'd been furious (I wasn't) I would have grabbed him by the...

I don't know where you're going with that and/or I hope it's just a figure of speech!
I'm sure he was going to say nose, I've convinced myself, I can't imagine any alternative... :?

Regarding UFC, when you're not smart enough to follow the rules of boxing you might as well join the UFC, ultimate excuse to touch other guys in boxers...
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

modbaraban

What's UFC :?

PS: Unleashed Fighters Club?

FLC
FLC

West

Tom wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:
If I'd been furious (I wasn't) I would have grabbed him by the...

I don't know where you're going with that and/or I hope it's just a figure of speech!
I'm sure he was going to say nose, I've convinced myself, I can't imagine any alternative... :?

Regarding UFC, when you're not smart enough to follow the rules of boxing you might as well join the UFC, ultimate excuse to touch other guys in boxers...
Most fighters cross train in either boxing, kickboxing/Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, or wrestling. It's not the same fight it was 10 years ago...

You can ask Michael Bisping.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

ginsu

I love Hungarians!!!
I love to love Senna.

Sawtooth-spike

Wow this must be doing get for advertising Redbull over the pod in the USA. :wink:

Its the old Fav, Blame a drivers for the fact that they did not spend enought time developing there car (another teams car :lol: ), ok Scott is no Senna or Michael, but he is not with out talent. I mean how many time this year has he not finished due to the car giving up on him?

If i was a driver i would rather go to any team other than STR, they seem like a finger point organisation who cant except the fact they f**ked up.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Belatti

[quote="ginsu
I love Hungarians!!![/quote]

Me too!!! 8)

I´m with Mr.Speed in this one, I believe what he told to press and Mr. Tost seems to be a phonie.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

zender05

Belatti wrote: Me too!!! 8)

I´m with Mr.Speed in this one, I believe what he told to press and Mr. Tost seems to be a phonie.
+1.
Jesus loves ya!

DaveKillens

A few weeks ago, while watching a race, I heard one commentator (on SpeedTV, I believe) describe the STR and Red Bull management as being bullying and confrontational. This was long before the Speed incident, and now under examination, I tend to believe this brief analysis.