Looking forward to Hungary

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FLC
FLC

Did I just imagine that, or did we have a controversial qualifying?!
Alonso was ordered out but wouldn't, and made LH miss his flying lap? And they say RD can control his drivers? Did you see how LH was jumpy in the PC? How RD suddenly changed his face?

Now I am looking forward to see what all those who went out on MS like there was no tomorrow in Monaco last year will say.
OK, true, he didn't delay other team's drivers, but LH is a contender for the championship, and a foul is a foul. Is it not?

pRo

"If he did anything wrong, FIA/judges would punish him." ;)

Shame about Webber ruining Heikki's lap though. :?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Vasco

I can't believe what I just saw!!! Alosno is definitely not driving for mclaren at the end of this year

mep

ALonso made a "nice trick" he let Hamilton stay in pits and he came
out on track right in front of Kimi on his last flying lap,
causing Hamilton losing possiple pole and Kimi possiple third place.

Alonso waited 8 seconds after the lollipop went up and Hamilton needed
ca. 2 seconds to get a flying lap.
Altogether he waited one lap in the pits.
He was in front of kimi before pitstops and one lap after him after his last
stop but in front of on track.

I don't commend this, I only writte his actions.

modbaraban

Sawtooth-spike wrote:honda must of test both wings yesterday, or the angle of that shot wont let you see the 3rd element
B'cos there's none :wink:

But they did use the new wing in quali didn't they?
PNSD wrote:they tested another wing on the first two days.

Also their best time improvement over the test was nearly 2seconds :o

And it didn't seem to help at all :shock:
Vasco wrote:I can't believe what I just saw!!! Alosno is definitely not driving for mclaren at the end of this year
Actually I failed to understand what happened. Any ideas?
EDIT:
@ mep: but Ron didn't seem too worried about that before the time ran out, and then ](*,) #-o

Vasco

modbaraban wrote:
Actually I failed to understand what happened. Any ideas?
well, he didn't leave the pits despite the lollipop man lifting the lollipop and waited long enough to ensure that hamilton didn't get to do his final run. From what I saw, it looked very deliberate, he knew that hamilton was behind him at the pits!!!! This is the same thing M.S did last year at monaco.

m3_lover

FLC wrote:Did I just imagine that, or did we have a controversial qualifying?!
Alonso was ordered out but wouldn't, and made LH miss his flying lap? And they say RD can control his drivers? Did you see how LH was jumpy in the PC? How RD suddenly changed his face?

Now I am looking forward to see what all those who went out on MS like there was no tomorrow in Monaco last year will say.
OK, true, he didn't delay other team's drivers, but LH is a contender for the championship, and a foul is a foul. Is it not?
Your hate for anything non-ferrari is very distracting
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

wazojugs

well, he didn't leave the pits despite the lollipop man lifting the lollipop and waited long enough to ensure that hamilton didn't get to do his final run. From what I saw, it looked very deliberate, he knew that hamilton was behind him at the pits!!!! This is the same thing M.S did last year at monaco.

nah there is a big difference between what schumi did and what alonso has done.

Schumi is in the premiership for for sneakyness and alonso is division 1. However looks like he might get promoted.

but alonso is one sharp sly old fox.
Last edited by wazojugs on 04 Aug 2007, 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

FLC
FLC

My "hate"? And you base that on what? Is anything of what I wrote not true? Would you like to make the record straight? Or are you actually distracted from what FA did and wish to turn it the other way? Is it my wish to see him condemned for this low act? Which is it exactly?

FLC
FLC

wazojugs wrote:nah there is a big difference between what schumi did and what alonso has done.

Schumi is in the premiership for for sneakyness and alonso is division 1. However looks like he might get promoted.

You see, m3_lover, they do the same thing, yet they are in different leagues. This is all I wished to know in my original post. And I wasn't off...

wazojugs, don't you give them a few bonus points for crying foul so often? :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

wazojugs wrote: alonso is one sharp sly old fox.
So Alonso is "a sharp sly old fox" and Schumacher is what?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Steve Wilson

Is it just me or did anyone else not see Fisichella blocking Yamamoto in the first qualifying session? He slowed right down on the last corner (obviously to get a good run for the next lap as there was traffic ahead) but in doing so greatly compromised Yamamoto's lap. Fair enough, it was unlikely the Yamamoto was going to improve, but the principal is still there, he should be quite severely punished for that.

Obviously the Alonso matter is something for McLaren to sort out by themselves, although Alonso's claim of waiting for the team to give him orders doesn't seem to hold judging by the reactions of all the mechanics and especially Ron afterwards. He is certainly now feeling the pressure from Lewis, will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow in the race if there are any obvious team decisions to be made that Alonso may not follow.

DaveKillens

Very unsporting of Alonso, especially to his own teammate. There won't be any official sanctions because it was between teammates. Did you also notice that Alonso also messed up Kimi too?
The gloves have come off and there won't be any mercy or prisoners taken in this war.

Ray

Alonso is a great driver, but a sorry winner. All he does is complain when he wins, and complain when he loses. I like the guy, much respect, but man is he a whiny bitch sometimes. This goes to show he's having trouble getting to grips with Hamilton.

Phoenix

wazojugs wrote:

There was nothing sharp nor sly about what Alonso did today. It was deliberate and selfish, as it compromised his teammate as well as the team.