AS: Alonso so unhappy he wants to change team?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti
Belatti

Alonso is a very good driver, but he cries too much.
He should learn from Kimi ( shut up and drive fast! )
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

pRo

Tom wrote:As for TC, think experience, really the only drivers who've truly driven without TC in race conditions, you're looking at DC, Rubens, Fisi, and really thats about it. Particularely the first 2 have driven half their career without it so they'll be in a strong position.
Who knows, it seems things are easy to forget. I still remember Brazil 1994, where Senna spun.

I know, I know, the Williams was considered to be very hard to drive, but still. Senna got the pole and then spun on the race, kinda like he forgot just for that one corner, that they don't have TC anymore.

We've driven so many seasons with TC, that I wonder if the old experiences are any good anymore. I kinda doubt it. :?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

effuno
effuno

Belatti wrote:Alonso is a very good driver, but he cries too much.
the thing with kimi is tat he doesnt open his mouth even to give feed backs ... :lol: .....had he been a bit better in looking after his car and giving better feed backs to his engineers he would have been a multiple WC...and yes..this is a speculation..i really dont know how he gives those feedbacks..but have read that he is not so good...its like " give me a car, and i'll floor the throttle and blow the engine ." :lol: ...just kidding..! :D

with regard to alonso's move from mclaren, I do believe that he is a good enuf talent to build a team around him. He has shown that at renault, and now at mclaren.( cant really think someone would say lewis did this .atleast, not this year.).remember, this mclaren doesnt have newey either, who supposedly designed the fast-est( and unreliable) cars for them over the recent past. So his move to renault, ferrari or BMW wouldnt make him not-a-contender for WC..err..mit be tougher..tats it.. :)

but i wud really love to see him move to williams...its been some time since we have seen them win or challenge... none since ralf and juan....alonso WC in a williams..sounds grt..! :)
Last edited by effuno on 06 Aug 2007, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

effuno
effuno

Belatti wrote:Alonso is a very good driver, but he cries too much.
the thing with kimi is tat he doesnt open his mouth even to give feed backs ... :lol: .....had he been a bit better in looking after his car and giving better feed backs to his engineers he would have been a multiple WC...and yes..this is a speculation..i really dont know how he gives those feedbacks..but have read that he is not so good...its like " give me a car, and i'll floor the throttle and blow the engine ." :lol: ...just kidding..! :D

with regard to alonso's move from mclaren, I do believe that he is a good enuf talent to build a team around him. He has shown that at renault, and now at mclaren.( cant really think someone would say lewis did this .atleast, not this year.).remember, this mclaren doesnt have newey either, who supposedly designed the fast-est( and unreliable) cars for them over the recent past. So his move to renault, ferrari or BMW wouldnt make him not-a-contender for WC..err..mit be tougher..tats it.. :)

but i wud really love to see him move to williams...its been some time since we have seen them win or challenge... none since ralf and juan....alonso WC in a williams..sounds grt..! :)

effuno
effuno

oops..am sorry for the multiple post..someone please delete the 2nd msg and this one too..! :(

pRo

pRo wrote:Back to Renault? Who knows, it might be a good choice for next season, if they get their package back together.
Interesting. Some sites who tend to publish rumours that very often prove to be true later are saying that Briatore actually is after Alonso. Apparently he has told his current drivers, that contracts for next season won't be made before September and they will be published during Italian GP.

They say that Heikki most likely has the other seat and that Briatore and Alonso would both be interested in getting him back to Renault. Legal issues and money of course affect if anything will actually happen. I'm sure Dennis won't let him go too easily, even if he had issues with Hamilton/McLaren, cause he sure is bringing in the points. I also can't see Renault paying the huge price McLaren would probably want for ending his contract early. But maybe Alonso can lower the price tag by his actions during the rest of the season. :lol:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

checkered

pRo wrote:Interesting. Some sites who tend to publish rumours that very often prove to be true later are saying that Briatore actually is after Alonso. Apparently he has told his current drivers, that contracts for next season won't be made before September and they will be published during Italian GP.

They say that Heikki most likely has the other seat and that Briatore and Alonso would both be interested in getting him back to Renault. Legal issues and money of course affect if anything will actually happen. I'm sure Dennis won't let him go too easily, even if he had issues with Hamilton/McLaren, cause he sure is bringing in the points. I also can't see Renault paying the huge price McLaren would probably want for ending his contract early. But maybe Alonso can lower the price tag by his actions during the rest of the season. :lol:
Well, judging by Kovy's

recent comments, the personal relationships at Renault certainly could be blissful in comparison to what McLaren's struggling with right now. Another thing though how long anyone is content to playing the second fiddle - Alonso's "Cartmanish 'respect my authorita'" attitude has seemed to be growing more unyielding due to recent events. Currently he seems to go off the wall even at the suggestion of driver equality if that carries the slightest of threats of him not getting maximum points.

And in light of driver favoritism being banned to some extent in current regulations, building a team as a "one man orchestra" isn't the easiest of tasks even if Heikki is prepared for a supporting role, or something akin' to that, for the time being. Obviously he did some sterling test work for Alonso and Renault earlier, so the team knows without a doubt they'd work well together. Alonso's managers have a perfect track record in finding teams on the upswing and I have no reason to doubt that Renault is, investing heavily in R&D currently.

A couple of recent comments on Alonso by Kovy:
I had travelled from Europe with Fernando Alonso. He had a private plane and there was plenty of room so we flew together. He is a really great guy, we're friends and get on well. He wasn't going anywhere until Wednesday so that meant I stayed in Montreal too.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 221456.stm
Who's the friendliest Formula One driver?
I get on best with Fernando [Alonso], as a result of last year when I was spending some time with him in the same team. We talk about many other things as well.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 922881.stm

This isn't to say that in ideal conditions the Alonso-Hamilton pairing wouldn't work. Right now other teams can only be jealous of how well they're doing despite all the tension and acrimony. But when observed from a human level, currently it's taking a toll and frankly, having some sympathy to all concerned, is a bit painful to watch. Ron has a personal management style and it's proven effective time and again.

If that isn't working currently, then it is high time both of McLaren's drivers re-evaluated their responsibility of the situation.

Scuderia_Russ

effuno wrote: mclaren doesnt have newey either, who supposedly designed the fast-est( and unreliable) cars for them over the recent past.
I don't think Newey was their engine designer.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Militia Est Vita

checkered wrote:Would you rate Marca higher than AS, or perhaps the sports section in a general media like El Mundo?
I would recomend El Pais as well, and by the way, El Pais now has in his front page 'Alonso may leave Mclaren by the end of the season'.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

checkered

Thank you, I hadn't

realized they had such a good F1 section, too. Many nice features, a good layout and definitely worth a look.

http://www.elpais.com/comunes/2007/formula_1/index.html

Ciro Pabón

Thanks for the article, checkered. It doesn't seem serious: is full of conditionals (he could..., to leave if...), claiming to know what Alonso wished at his birthday party. I trust jhonny's judgement. Anyway, it's an easy call: I could write a book about Alonso's (supposed) feelings...

I agree with Militia Est Vita: El País is the best selling "leftie" or "center" (depending on your perspective) spanish newspaper. If you wish a newspaper in spanish with a balanced attitude, perhaps the best is "El Gráfico" in Argentina, but they are 15.000 km away and they are focused in football. Perhaps Belatti can recommend some other: they (argentinians) know about racing more than spaniards (and I am one!), let me tell you.

Belatti surprisingly asks Alonso to learn from Räikkonen. Well, I humbly think that when you're a fan you distort reality sometimes (at least, I know I do). If all drivers learned from Kimi to shut up, there would be no press conferences, che! I won't mention what would happen if everybody learned to drive from him, but some people can figure that for themselves. :)

effuno: when you post multiple posts, on the second one you'll see an X to the right that you can use to delete it. If it doesn't work (sometimes it happens that the X doesn't appear), I suggest to blank the second one or put "Repost" on it: it has happened to all of us. Welcome, BTW.

I know this subject is becoming boring, but if Alonso leaves, as a colombian (I still find hard to forgive Dennis for the treatment he gave to "our" star), I can tell you this is a new world record. The only top driver left for McLaren to fire is Massa. They've already disposed of three strong contenders to the WDC (JPM, Räikkonen and now Alonso).

Finally, AS and El País make a fuss about Alonso sharing data with Hamilton and Leweasel taking advantage of that. Let's hope he hasn't learnt all the tricks from Alonso to be able to calibrate his real abilities (and Jam-ilton has a lot) next year. Good drivers drive well, great drivers drive great cars (that they help to develop).
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 06 Aug 2007, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Militia Est Vita

Just out of curiosity, lets say He leaves and goes back to Renault. Who will replace him at Mclaren? De la Rosa? Paffet? :-k
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

Ciro Pabón

Frankly, "carnal", I only see Alonso at Ferrari or McLaren, unless Renault compromises to commit astronomical figures in euros or pays Alonso for the next two years what he could earn at any of these teams: he should be nuts to go to some other team, remember Villeneuve.

If my feelings are right about Hamilton Sr. (do not, I repeat, do not trust my feelings: even myself don't trust them) he is already busy negotiating with Ferrari for a bigger paycheck. :lol:

At McLaren? Senna? Paffet? (don't think so, but...)

What I know:

Under contract for 2008:

Mclaren - Hamilton, Alonso
Ferrari - Räikkönen, Massa
Toyota - Trulli
Red Bull - Coulthard, Webber OR Vettel (they have an option on him)
Honda - Button, Barrichello

Free drivers:

Toyota - Fisichella? I don't know about Ralph, but Toyota is... well, inscrutable.
Scuderia Toro Rosso - Liuzzi, Vettel (Glock? Bourdais? Ammermüller?)
Spyker F1 - Klein, Sutil. Then you could consider what they're gonna do with Fairuz Fauzy, Vallés, Winklehock or van der Garde
Prodrive - de la Rosa? Paffet? They are McLaren's B team, or so I heard. They have Mike Conway and Timo Glock on their sights, or so I heard. I heard a lot of rubbish, let me tell you... ;)
BMW - Kubica? Heidfield? I think Heidfeld could wish a big team like McLaren. Besides, Vettel is Flanders (I mean, Thiessen) protegé.
Renault - Piquet? Kovalainen?
Super Aguri - Sato? Davidson?

Silly season is here to stay.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 06 Aug 2007, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
Ciro

Principessa

I hope that Alonso goes back to Renault...but the only problem will be than that Kovalainen will be put aside as well probably as there were reports that Nelsinho would already have signed his 2008 race contract with Renault to replace Fisichella. ( :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/6663) If this would happen, Alonso would be forced in the same position he's in this season...with a very young and competitive team mate who wants to prove himself and wants to beat the champion.

manchild
manchild

Alonso to BMW instead of Heidfeld. Heidfeld to Mclaren.