AS: Alonso so unhappy he wants to change team?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
allan
allan

modbaraban wrote:
captainmorgan wrote:I'm sure that McLaren will be able to find English substitutes
I wonder if he'd rather goes with another rookie (Di Grassi?) or with an experienced driver (Davidson, Button :shock: )... any chance for Paffet?
yeah i was thinking the same... maybe paffet is the most likely to replace alonso.
But what the hell?!! the guy is still in his team.. it's all just talks at the moment...

pRo

And now Tuttosport is claiming that Ferrari wants Hamilton and are willing to pay 25 million euros to him for next season. :shock:

I'm not familiar with that magazine. Anyone know it better? Is it a tabloid type magazine, that just wants to make big headlines, or could there be some truth in that?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

waynes
waynes

the daily mirror in the UK ran with Hamilton to ferrari today as well

oh - and alonso is on his way out of mclaren by the look of things

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40318

waynes
waynes

modbaraban wrote:(Button :shock: )
why the shock about Button? he's one hell of a fast racing driver and would be racking up the wins if he was in that mclaren

modbaraban
modbaraban

waynes wrote:
why the shock about Button? he's one hell of a fast racing driver and would be racking up the wins if he was in that mclaren
No doubt. But it seems like he's never gonna leave Honda after the Buttongate.

waynes
waynes

modbaraban wrote: No doubt. But it seems like he's never gonna leave Honda after the Buttongate.
if honda dont deliver a fast car next year i reckon he'll be looking to get out

vs331
vs331

waynes wrote:
Mansell doesn't think so http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 935738.stm

pRo

waynes wrote:oh - and alonso is on his way out of mclaren by the look of things
I guess we just have to wait and see. Haug has just said that Alonso has said, that he wishes to stay in the team. Go figure, I wonder if even Alonso knows yet what he really wants. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

johny

If you want to remain sane (in case you're) please forget spanish press for about 3 weeks till next gp. In a 100% footballer country it's wednesday and we still have lot of f1 stuff on papers but all about the same crap: alonso will leave, mclaren don't let him leave, bmw is the way to go... and so on.

As I'm not so "alonsist" i can't recomend any good place to read spanish f1 news but as said here maybe El Mundo sport section is the most objetive one.

modbaraban
modbaraban

But it was the TIMES who first written about Alonso's release from the team.

johny

yes, it should be the same but the other way, yellow sport press is having a good time

effuno
effuno

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
effuno wrote: mclaren doesnt have newey either, who supposedly designed the fast-est( and unreliable) cars for them over the recent past.
I don't think Newey was their engine designer.

i knew that :( ..but was it not the cooling problems that hampered them the most !!

Ciro Pabón wrote: effuno: when you post multiple posts, on the second one you'll see an X to the right that you can use to delete it. If it doesn't work (sometimes it happens that the X doesn't appear), I suggest to blank the second one or put "Repost" on it: it has happened to all of us. Welcome, BTW.
No X ..maybe coz the first one was edited, to look like the second, when i realised that i cant delete posts. :P
And thanks for the welcome..I've been around for sometime, just that I havent posted much. been reading a lot from here :)

wunderkind
wunderkind

Alonso to BMW Sauber..............................

I am not sure if Alonso should join BMW Sauber if he decides to leave McLaren.

First of all, Nick Heidfeld is just as fast as Alonso over one lap or a race distance. I always thought Nick Heidfeld as THE most underrated top tier driver on the grid today. Forget what John Howett (Boss of Toyota F1 Team) said about Nick Heidfeld being only a 2nd tier driver. John Howett himself has a lot to answer for running such a mediocre outfit!!

Look at the results, he got the measure of Raikkonen when they were at Sauber. He beat Antonio Pizzonia in numerous shootouts to earn his berth at Williams-BMW and then took care of Mark Webber over the course of the 2005 season. Villeneuve never quite measured up against Heidfeld because he had been away from F1 for too long.

Then everyone thought Robert Kubica was gonna cream Nick Heidfeld after Kubica's stunning debut at Monza in 2006. This hasnt happened and Nick Heidfeld has proved to be the better of the two.

Secondly, BMW Sauber is a German-Swiss outfit and I think language could be a problem for Alonso. He will probably find BMW Sauber to be a 'warmer' environment than McLaren. But Nick Heidfeld has been at BMW-Sauber intermittently for years. So he knows everyone in the team. Its Nick Heidfeld's team at the moment.

Thirdly, there are only two championship winning cars at the moment. McLaren and Ferrari.

If I was Alonso, I'd tough it out at McLaren and win this year's championship. Then he will eternally revered as the one who beat Schumacher, Raikkonen, and Hamilton for the treble.

johny

I agree 100% with you wunderkind, nick is one of the most underrated driver on the grid and specially this year he's doing an awesome job.

Rumors I heard put together nick with alonso but that's just crap yellow press silly season news

waynes
waynes

Re: Alonso to BMW Sauber..............................

wunderkind wrote:
Then everyone thought Robert Kubica was gonna cream Nick Heidfeld after Kubica's stunning debut at Monza in 2006
debut in hungary, podium in monza

both equally stunning