Alonso screwing Hamilton in qualifying

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
USAF1FAN

Alonso screwing Hamilton in qualifying

Alonso holding up Hamilton costing him an opportunity to do a fast lap is essentially or exactly what Schumacher did to Alonso at Monaco last year. Schumacher was penalized and put to the back of the grid.

Clearly, Alonso had help--you could see the guilty grins on the faces of the crew.

I'm quite sure Ron Dennis doesn't need any more controversy.

Is it possible for someone, other than Hamilton, to protest?

manchild

Re: Alonso screwing Hamilton in qualifying

USAF1FAN wrote:Is it possible for someone, other than Hamilton, to protest?
It is enough that marshals in the pit mention that accident in their report given to race control after event or report by radio comm during event. So, no one needs to protest at all.

dumrick

I truly was shocked that happened. If Alonso has no good excuse to have stayed still after the lollipop was raised, then it was an highly unethical thing to do. Because when someone deliberately harms his teammate chances, he is harming the team that pays him and all the sponsors along the way.

I think, however, that this is no matter to involve the commissaries or the FIA in. This is a problem to deal inside the team.

waynes

protesting a bit of gamesmanship? pathetic

i personally didnt think alonso did anything wrong, yes hamilton has rattled him, alonso is going for a third straight world championship and is trying to unsettle his rival and teammate

simple as that

USAF1FAN

"protesting a bit of gamesmanship? pathetic"

Did you consider Schumacher's Monaco antics, "gamesmanship"?
Last edited by USAF1FAN on 04 Aug 2007, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.

FLC
FLC

The FIA is already looking into it:

Stewards investigating Alonso's hold-up

marcosp

McLaren is the new Ferrari!!

:lol:

JimmyK

It was certainly unexpected. He was remonstrating with his team when they made him wait at the previous pit stops though, whether he was bitter after that or not. Not that it wasn't unethical, but it was quite a skillfull piece of timing on his part :roll:

Positively Schumacher-esq. But either way, it's still a mclaren 1-2, so I don't honestly think much is gonna come of this from the team themselves. What the FIA will say I have no idea.

Gary

It was interesting, during the press conference, how intently Hamilton was staring at Alonso's head. And then, how Hamilton's answers were delivered almost through clenched teeth. The boy wasn't happy.

Keep your eyes on Turn 1, Lap 1.

jamsbong

After seeing the acts from Alonso, I'm quite furious about it. OK, I'm a Michael Schumacher fan and I don't deny that fact. I remember Alonso claims Schumi being the most "unsportsman like" person he ever seen.

I reckon this act means Alonso should hold this title from now on.

Lets hope he gets penalised for it.

manchild

I'm not making a judgment yet because there are 3 possibilities:

1. Alonso did it deliberately
2. He was ordered to do so
3. There was some sort of problem with car

Lets wait and see what will happen after FIA listens to radio comm recording and telemetry.

segedunum

Well, the simple fact of the matter is that there are rules against this. You cannot hold up another car in qualifying. Alonso experienced it last year with Massa, and many other drivers have had to take penalties. Alonso is no different.

rjsa

Gary wrote:It was interesting, during the press conference, how intently Hamilton was staring at Alonso's head. And then, how Hamilton's answers were delivered almost through clenched teeth. The boy wasn't happy.

Keep your eyes on Turn 1, Lap 1.
That smells like ProstXSenna, but pay off can come in a day instead of a year. Ron is really good at managing this kind of fight, huh?

Strax

I am not sure about something.

I remember Alonso waiting for a long time in the pits and when the lolipop was lifted he waited, because one mechanic could not take out the tire blanket from the front right tire. Is this the incident that everyone is talking about, because surely he could not leave with the rope of the tire blanket wrapped around the front right suspension??

Or did this happen at another time???

naknak_56

that was the stop before. I would judge by the fact Ron was obviously furious that it had nothing to do with the team eh??????
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k