Alonso screwing Hamilton in qualifying

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Torso

Still Alonso gets preferntial treatment by the FIA.

In 2006 MS was demoted 22(!) positions for a simmillar infridgement at Monaco.

Alonso the FIA-favourite son is only demoted 5 positions..

And McLaren the FIA-favourite team walks easy away from stealing Ferrari documents and team orders!!

Did u see the McLaren fans boooooing their team for the team order? No of course not... when McLaren does it..it`s ok. even if it`s illigal.

DaveKillens

Or Fontana in the Sauber - Ferrari at the 1997 race at Jerez.
Prior to the race at Jerez, the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, had promised to issue penalties to anyone who tried to influence the outcome of the championship. Yet Fontana's actions went unpunished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rv23q9sZM

Later of course, we had the infamous collision between Schumacher andVilleneuve, and for his actions, Michael Schumacher would be disqualified from the 1997 World Championship. This meant he lost his second place in the overall standings to Heinz-Harald Frentzen but he would retain his race victories and other results and would not be fined or face any further punishment in the following season.

The German newspapers were among the many from across Europe that attacked Schumacher. Bild said "Schumacher was to blame for the crash." "He played for high stakes and lost everything - the World Championship and his reputation for fair play. There is no doubt that he wanted to take out Villeneuve". The Frankfurter Allgemeine called him "a kamikaze without honor'" and commented that the "'monument is starting to crack because the foundations are faulty." A German TV station asked fans for their views and received the views of 63,081 votes. 28% said they could not support Schumacher any longer.

In Italy there was widespread condemnation of Schumacher. The daily newspaper Unita called for him to be fired by Ferrari. "Schumacher ought to face charges in a Spanish court for the grave deed he committed" it reported. "The driver covered himself, Ferrari and Italian sport as a whole with shame. We are waiting for Ferrari to announce that it is throwing out Michael Schumacher and hiring a new driver who is more intelligent, has more wisdom and a real sense of morality."

La Repubblica reported that "seeing a world title vanish after waiting 18 years is sad enough. But to see it go up in smoke with the move from Michael Schumacher is unfortunately much worse. It's shameful." Gazzetta dello Sport said that if Ferrari had won the title it would have been "a title to hide" and said that it preferred to go on waiting for the day when "our passion for Ferrari has a happy ending." Even La Stampa, the newspaper owned by the Agnelli family, which also controls Ferrari, said "His image as a champion was shattered, like a glass hit by a stone."

In the British newspapers, Schumacher's manoeuvre against Damon Hill at the 1994 Australian Grand Prix was used as a comparison in many of the reports. The Daily Mail reported that Schumacher had now "lost the last vestige of his reputation of being a sportsman" and The Times wrote that Schumacher had "sacrificed his reputation by an act of such cynicism that it lost him the right to any sympathy."

But Fontana went unpunished.

manchild

Torso wrote:In 2006 MS was demoted 22(!) positions for a simmillar infridgement at Monaco???
Schuey:

1. Endangered safety

2. Prevent everyone who was on circuit to make good time

3. Did it on his own without being ordered

4. Lied that his engine stalled

How simmillar is that?

I'm not defending Alonso - as a two times WDC he should have moved on when he saw Hamilton in the mirrors even if his engineer told him to stay put. That would have been a true sportsmanship move but to compare that with Monaco 2006 is just not appropriate.
DaveKillens wrote:But Fontana went unpunished.
As well as his and Jean Todt who ordered blocking.

Lightspeed

manchild wrote:I'm not saying that FIA punished Mclaren unjustly, no - I said that they are easy on trigger when anyone else except Ferrari is on their sights.
Well the FIA just pulled the trigger on Ferrari not very long ago.
It is simply impossible that in two years two Renault drivers get punished for impeding and that from 1996 to 2006 not a single Ferrari driver in all those races was ever impeded anyone and got punished. Schuey, Irivine, Barichello, Massa times all those races and no impeding at all, ever.
Impeding in races is not an offense. Doing it qualifying is. Check the rules.

Besides, the rule clauses that justify penalties change with the type of formats in vogue. The rules of 1996 are not the same as the ones of 2007, because the F1 of '96 is not the same as the F1 of '07.
That simply isn't possible.
Schumacher has been penalized more number of times than any other in recent history. The severity of the penalties have been greater than the ones issued to any other driver. So where does your "simply is not possible" fit in here ??
If you lack facts or examples to explain your point of view that's your problem
As its pretty evident, that seems to be the case with your constant-toned biased drivel. You shoot out stuff that contradicts every possible fact or example and then you conveniently decide to claim the vice versa!!! Very funny indeed.

manchild

Lightspeed wrote:Impeding in races is not an offense. Doing it qualifying is. Check the rules.
You know very well what I meant. When I wrote races I meant qualifyings as the part of every racing weekend.
Lightspeed wrote:Schumacher has been penalized more number of times than any other in recent history. The severity of the penalties have been greater than the ones issued to any other driver. So where does your "simply is not possible" fit in here ??
He was punished for 1% of his sins in a way that seamed like saying "no-no" to a baby.
Lightspeed wrote:As its pretty evident, that seems to be the case with your constant-toned biased drivel. You shoot out stuff that contradicts every possible fact or example and then you conveniently decide to claim the vice versa!!! Very funny indeed.
I have the right to be biased as much as I want but not to offend forum members by getting personal with them.
Last edited by manchild on 05 Aug 2007, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.

m3_lover

Lightspeed Why do you got to attack manchild personally all the time????. We are all here with our opinions and viewpoints and if you do not like it then that is your decision. But you should respect all the members on this forum.

You write "Get a life bud. And get your facts right before you start shooting out your usual drivel." and "As its pretty evident, that seems to be the case with your constant-toned biased drivel.". What is the rationale for attacking him personally lately?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

FLC
FLC

m3_lover wrote:Lightspeed Why do you got to attack manchild personally all the time????. We are all here with our opinions and viewpoints and if you do not like it then that is your decision. But you should respect all the members on this forum.
A bit OT, but important none the less, as you accused me personally just yesterday of hating anything that is not Ferrari for giving the details of the qualifying as questions. I think your lesson here is one good lesson you should learn yourself.

Ciro Pabón

FLC: if I can give you an advice, following the forum "chorus", please, try to focus on the post, not on the poster. I confess I do it sometimes (focus on the poster), like right now... :oops: BTW, nice avatar. What engine is that?

Anyway, Alonso gave an interview to EFE news agency (spanish one). That's what he said at http://www.as.com/articulo/Motor/Alonso ... mot_9/Tes/ (in spanish, sorry for the translation full of "that", "the" and "which"... ;)):

"Alonso doesn't know if he will fulfill his contract at McLaren

'I don't know, I don't know' answered Alonso when he was asked if he imagines himself staying for the three years his contract obliged him to remain at that 'house'.

In the same way, Alonso, reminded (NOTE: reminded the journalists) that the briton, Lewis Hamilton... did not obey team instructions in the qualy, in which he (Hamilton) provoked a sanction on McLaren (which received no points) and on the asturian champion (five positions in the grid...) and forced an investigation and a penalty by FIA.

Asked by EFE if he remembers, or if he had ever lived, a similar situation, in which, in a team, a driver harmed his partner and his own team, Fernando was direct. 'Not in my life', he pointed out.

Inquired again by Efe about if he believes that McLaren will take some measures about it, he was'nt less direct. 'No', sentenced the northern star (NOTE: Asturias in on the north of Spain) and he added 'today, a victory was possible.'

'On Friday all was well; and yesterday I had more difficulties but I achieved pole position. Today, I found the rhythm, so if I had started in front, I would have almost had the race in my hand. But it was not this way, and the career was difficult, I had a lot of traffic and work', he explained.

'In spite of everything I am happy with the fourth position, because the maximum possible result in the simulation was a third. For a moment, I feared I was going to remain in sixth or seventh position, because it seemed I was in a bad situation after the initial laps', he said.

To a question of Efe about if he got ready psychologically for today's race, after so many setbacks, Alonso declared: 'You feel a little frustrated or disappointed at the beginning, when you receive the news.'

'But then you go to bed, you sleep, and, the following day, you change your inner 'chip' and you think about the race, you think that you start in sixth position. You think about the strategy and you don't remember the pole', Alonso explained to Efe."
Ciro

FLC
FLC

Ciro Pabón wrote:FLC: if I can give you an advice, following the forum "chorus", please, try to focus on the post, not on the poster. I confess I do it sometimes (focus on the poster), like right now... :oops: BTW, nice avatar. What engine is that?
My apologies if it was disturbing, I warned it was off topic. Had the need to mention it.
I think we should all concentrate on the arguments and not on who writes them and sometimes not on Ferrari where they don't belong :wink: .

That's the engine of the F430.

Rob W

Torso wrote:Still Alonso gets preferntial treatment by the FIA.

In 2006 MS was demoted 22(!) positions for a simmillar infridgement at Monaco
You must be kidding to even compare these two events?

Rob W

checkered

Ciro Pabón wrote:Alonso doesn't know if he will fulfill his contract at McLaren
Interesting how this popped up before the Hungarian GP already. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy ... I'm no psychologist, but isn't it sometimes so that when people think "something" is possible, they tend to act (unknowingly or not) in ways that increase the propablity of that "something" happening? People are often, by nature, happier living in certainty. I'm of course presupposing here that Alonso hasn't made up his mind already - it's another thing if he's playing a tightrope game, basically trying to extort support for his WDC bid from the team before getting an interested party to buy out his existing contract.

viewtopic.php?t=4513

Briatore might be angling to get Alonso back to Renault. Perhaps that's one reason he'll attend the Court of Appeal, to rock McLaren's boat enough to get Fernando to fall off - straight into his lap. By now Dennis must feel that Raikkonen's few escapades were nothing but lighthearted distractions by comparison to the provocations he's got in his hands now.

manchild

The artist formerly known as checkered wrote:Perhaps that's one reason he'll attend the Court of Appeal, to rock McLaren's boat enough to get Fernando to fall off - straight into his lap.
:lol:

Shaddock

Torso wrote:
And McLaren the FIA-favourite team walks easy away from stealing Ferrari documents and team orders!!
How can you deem it to be stealing when 'somebody' at Ferrari takes a 700 page document, sticks it into a brown envelope and mails it anonymously to Mike Coughlan.

He didn’t wait for a full moon, climb over the factory gates and slip in through an open window, then rifle through Aldo’s filing cabinets. Nor did he hack into their computer files over the internet. What did he do? He opened a big brown envelope that was lying on his door mat that was addressed to him.

If his wife who is not a McLaren employee had a brain and not visited the printers, then next years Honda would have been a re-badged Ferrari.

pRo

Shaddock wrote:
Torso wrote:
How can you deem it to be stealing when 'somebody' at Ferrari takes a 700 page document, sticks it into a brown envelope and mails it anonymously to Mike Coughlan.
PLEASE, not in this thread too. :(
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Scuderia_Russ

Principessa wrote:McLaren is been looked at under a microscope! The slightest thing that goes wrong will result in a punishment for the team. If something like this would happen at Spyker or Toro Rosso, there wouldn't be a penalty!
There's no way of knowing that.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-