Driver Earnings in 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
3KGT
3KGT

Driver Earnings in 2007

With the rift between Hamilton and Alonso seemingly tearing apart Mclaren, and new rumors emerging that Ferrari are making a 17 million euro bid for his services next year to capitilize on the situation, I was wondering who makes what in Formula 1. I have seen drivers salaries posted before but never all at once. I know Kimi is paid 22 million, but is that for the entire contract or one year? I always hear about the top drivers but never mid field or the backmarkers. If you know the drivers salaries please enlighten me. I think it would be interesting to see how much all the drivers make.

KIMI the best
KIMI the best

In the december or january F1 racing magazine, say's that Kimi's salarie is 1 million dolars in a week (this would be 52 million dolars in a year!!)and his manager said this rumors were under the reality.

Tifoso

KIMI the best wrote:In the december or january F1 racing magazine, say's that Kimi's salarie is 1 million dolars in a week (this would be 52 million dolars in a year!!)and his manager said this rumors were under the reality.
I belive it's 52million $ for the full contract period (3 years?)

KIMI the best
KIMI the best

Tifoso wrote:
KIMI the best wrote:In the december or january F1 racing magazine, say's that Kimi's salarie is 1 million dolars in a week (this would be 52 million dolars in a year!!)and his manager said this rumors were under the reality.
I belive it's 52million $ for the full contract period (3 years?)
Yeah maybe is in three years but in F1 racing (magazine) say's 51million a year.

waynes
waynes

KIMI the best wrote: Yeah maybe is in three years but in F1 racing (magazine) say's 51million a year.
because F1 racing say that doesnt mean its true you know

KIMI the best
KIMI the best

waynes wrote:
KIMI the best wrote: Yeah maybe is in three years but in F1 racing (magazine) say's 51million a year.
And how do you know it is not true?

pRo

Some guesses from two magazines:

F1 Racing:
Kimi Räikkönen 38,75
Ralf Schumacher 19,00
Fernando Alonso 16,72
Jenson Button 13,68
Rubens Barrichello 9,12
Jarno Trulli 7,60
Felipe Massa 6,08
Giancarlo Fisichella 5,32
Mark Webber 3,80
Takuma Sato 3,42

Welt am Sonntag:
Fernando Alonso 30,00
Kimi Räikkönen 22,00
Ralf Schumacher 17,00
Rubens Barrichello 10,00
Jarno Trulli 8,00
Jenson Button 6,00
David Coulthard 6,00
Felipe Massa 6,00
Nick Heidfeld 5,00
Giancarlo Fisichella 5,00
Mark Webber 5,00
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

waynes
waynes

KIMI the best wrote:And how do you know it is not true?
because its not been said directly from someone paying each drivers wages

zac510
zac510

KIMI the best wrote:
waynes wrote:
And how do you know it is not true?
How do you know it is true?

PNSD
PNSD

51mil/year ??

Haha, asif !!
No driver is worth that, and Ferrari are not dumb enough to pay their drivers that much!!

Tifoso

PNSD wrote:51mil/year ??

Haha, asif !!
No driver is worth that, and Ferrari are not dumb enough to pay their drivers that much!!
Well, Michael Schumacher was worth every cent from the 50$ he got

modbaraban
modbaraban

PNSD wrote:Ferrari are not dumb enough to pay their drivers that much!!
Marlboro are :lol:

m3_lover

I do believe takuma sato is one of the higher paid drivers not from his wage but all the endorsement deals that he has.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

PNSD
PNSD

modbaraban wrote:
PNSD wrote:Ferrari are not dumb enough to pay their drivers that much!!
Marlboro are :lol:
Haha, true lol!!

And yeah, Mr Sato has alot of endorsments, but then I suppose being the number 1 Japanese racer in the world he is bound to ;)

ss_collins
ss_collins

business F1 is probably the place to look

Highest earning potential? LH