Spykers B spec chassis

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ss_collins

Spykers B spec chassis

Got a glimpse of the new B spec Spyker this morning, sorry wasn't allowed closer for a better pic.

got some more pics of interest but want to decide which to put in the mag first. I really like Spyker as a team I was told "take pics of anything you like bar the engine" - smashing!

waynes

why not the engine? seen plenty of pictures of ferrari engines

ss_collins

I dunno - they let me look over it plenty both installed and out of the car but no pics, in my job you kind of have to respect it when they say that because they showed so much more.

Spyker staff are not allowed to work on the engines, and they are not even allowed to fire one up without Ferrari staff present.

m3_lover

Can you at least write if you noticed if the B-spec was different..say suspension, winglets, exhuast position. Did it look like they copied certain things from other teams?

Damn I am jealous I would love to get into the factory and see what they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

modbaraban

Can you draw the engine since photography's forbidden? :lol:

Anyways looking forward to see waht's really new of that 'B'. :wink:

ss_collins

You can see all I saw so not really much to say on the 'b'

the engine - y'all know what it looks like - they are using a ceramic thermal barrier coating on the exhaust from the collector backward.

ginsu

Ceramic coating on a Inconel exhaust? That's gotta be damned expensive.
I love to love Senna.

m3_lover

sorry for the twenty questions SS_Collins..I got one more question...did you do any interviews/brief chit chats with the technical personnel like Mike G or anybody else?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ray

I like the look on the guys face in the right side of the photo.

m3_lover

Right underneath the front..those are for the barge boards right?

modbaraban

Ray wrote:I like the look on the guys face in the right side of the photo.
Then how about the one on the left side (in the mirror) :lol:

waynes

ss_collins wrote:in my job you kind of have to respect it when they say that because they showed so much more.
who do you work for? pm me if you dont want it on the forum

it seems a bit harsh that no spyker staff can fire up a ferrari V8!!! i'd love to touch the engine, hell even the car, imagine how it feels for the lads who build the cars to go racing

far cry from the jordan days obviously

ps: the area the tub was on, was that a weighbridge or something? either way, ive built model cars + model boats in almost McLaren conditions at the side of that :D

ss_collins

I work for Racecar Engineering its no secret.

No I didn't do any interviews yesterday though we will later in the season.

Its a big flat patch as fat as I can see.

Yes ceramic coating on Iconel - I suspect Zircotec at Harwell to be responsible as I've seen them do it before

Scuderia_Russ

Hopefully its a step up. My house mate saw a Silverstone test recently and said that the Spyker was visibly handling horribly all day. Thanks for the share.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

FLC
FLC

Gascoyne speaks about the B-spec car on autosport.com

Aerodynamically, it's worth about three quarters of a second. Mechanically, we're expecting a good step forward.
The full aerodynamic package will be shaken down on 14 August at the British track, and the team will take three new chassis to Turkey.
Aerodynamically, the car will have little in common with the current machine. New front wing, front wing flaps, front wing endplate, new bargeboards, new floor, sidepods, rear wing, radiator layout - so it's a fairly comprehensive update, but it's important to stress that this is just the start of the process. And certainly at lower downforce tracks we've looked more competitive - so we'll be looking forward to Spa and Monza.
It's the same tub. It will be carried over to next year but we will probably be introducing a lighter weight version of it. It's far more now of a rolling development process - and the rear-end is the basis of next year.