Spykers B spec chassis

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
scarbs
scarbs

Sam,
Nice shot, any pics of the gearbox or rear suspension?

Cheers

Craig...

ss_collins
ss_collins

Craig - yup - what do you want em for?? If its for you email me...

otherwise I'll tease y'all with this Spykers race bay.

There are 4 2007 spec cars 2 in this pic are test cars - one with the '08 electronics on - the other off for a run at Santa Pod today - dunno what for.

the two race cars are being switched to B spec - you can see one in the first pic.

FLC
FLC

:arrow: Spyker forced to delay B-spec car debut

Failed to pass the rear impact test and so will be postponed to Monza.

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

FLC wrote: Failed to pass the rear impact test and so will be postponed to Monza.
Oh god!

ss_collins
ss_collins

Thats going to cause Spyker some real headaches, they have four chassis only. 2 race cars a test car and fourth car is fitted with the 2008 FIA electronics. When I was there the two race cars were well on the way to being converted to B spec. So I assume that the test car and 08' mule will be prepared for racing whilst the B spec is sorted.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Will introducing the B-spec so late in the season be worth while?
I presume that it has taken quite a strain on the financial side of the entire business firm, so is developing and racing this new spec with just five races left likely to provide a "good return on investment" :?:

Especially seeing how many of the smaller teams have been having financial troubles as of late, including rivals SA.

Hopefully they will be better off reliability-wise as well. Sutil had a DNF one lap from the finish, and I believe Yamamoto had troubles earlier on as well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

m3_lover

I do believe the rear suspension is going to be used in there 2008 racer, so some pre-pre-seaon testing going on
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Saribro
Saribro

m3_lover wrote:I do believe the rear suspension is going to be used in there 2008 racer, so some pre-pre-seaon testing going on
I believe the gearbox is their intended 2008 model aswell, and they'll stick with the current monocoque with an option on a lighter version.
It's somewhere between a late B-spec and an early 2008 car :).

bar555
bar555

Is it possible to find more pics in the web about the B-Spec ? Are there any links for this ?

ss_collins
ss_collins

unlikely - I'd suggest we have the only pics on RCE.

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/6852

In the picture database of Spyker, the team launched these 4 pictures. But this is not the finalised B-spec, so a lot of things will still change, especially as they made the pictures at the Turkish GP weekend and they didn't made it through the crash test. Normally the team will start testing with the B-spec at Monza tomorrow or Thursday. So we'll see more than :wink:

modbaraban
modbaraban

The news suggest that the tommorow's test day is to be postponed to friday due to the rain to use the testing limit more efficiently :wink:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Who thinks this new spec chassis will hold up at Monza? With the new gearbox and several other components only being tested on track for 2 days or so.

Another race with DNF's for Spyker perhaps? Hope not.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Front end of Yamamoto's B-Spec chassis. Monza

modbaraban
modbaraban

Just now I noticed how tight the sidepods are!!! :shock: