Bourdais Is In....Liuzzi is out.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet

Bourdais Is In....Liuzzi is out.

Like we couldn't smell it.

I look forward to next year. Scuderia Sebastians Torro Rosso.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/6719

Steven
Owner

It is actually pretty remarkable that he will be joining F1 in a Toro Rosso.

Champcar champions used to come in by the front door. There are several examples: J Villeneuve, A Zanardi, JP Montoya to name the latest. All of them entered into a top team (all at Williams).

Now Bourdais is with a backmarker. Could that be because of his age? I think JV and Monty were quite a bit younger when entering F1.

pompelmo

poor guy..he deserves a beter team

allan

Tomba wrote:It is actually pretty remarkable that he will be joining F1 in a Toro Rosso.

Champcar champions used to come in by the front door. There are several examples: J Villeneuve, A Zanardi, JP Montoya to name the latest. All of them entered into a top team (all at Williams).

Now Bourdais is with a backmarker. Could that be because of his age? I think JV and Monty were quite a bit younger when entering F1.
how old is he anyway?

johny

28 years old

countersteer

I'm interested to know the difference in compensation between the top of the grid at Champ Car with Newman/Haas/Lanigan and the back of the grid with STR. Has anyone heard what he'll be making at STR?

I'm guessing that the operating budget of the team is at least 10 to 1... STR vs. NHS.

Any comments?

Giblet

Driving for back marker teams can be fatal, but the truly talented drivers usually make the most of it, as per Alonso in a Minardi, Schumi in a Jordan, etc.

Besides, he's already made bucketloads of money and dominated Champ car. , and if this doesn't go well, he can always work somewhere and be comfortable that at least he got the shot he deserved.

kurtiejjj

Irritating frenchman! He's not good enough to my liking, but we'll see how long it takes before Berger starts another row :roll: :lol:

Spyker MF1

Why have STR signed him? I thought STR was for younger drivers to get experiance of racing in F1 before they joined the main Red Bull team, and Bourdais isn't a young driver when compared to someone like Vettel. So why didn't they get someone young from GP2 or something. :?
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

Giblet

STR has made it clear more then once that they are their own team with their own ambitions. Being part of a larger organization allows you to draw off it's resources, giving them first crack at the pool of Red Bull Young Driver Program drivers, not to mention Newey cars, which I figure will make a good leap next year, maybe.

jaslfc

i think he should perform, he has been dominating the cart scene for a while now. maybe he using this drive as a platform to prove himself

Principessa

I believe that we haven't seen the true potential of Vitatonio Liuzzi in the very unreliable Toro Rosso car. If you place a great driver in a crappy car, he will still have to retire due to those reliability problems.

I like Bourdais, but I don't think that if he will be in the same unreliable car as this season he'll be able to do much more than Liuzzi in the car. I hope they improve, especially for Sebastian Vettel, such a young good driver who really needs to end up with a good team like Alonso did after his Minardi years, ....

allan

I agree with u princiessa, to a certain level though.. You could obviously see the pace difference between Vettel and Luizzi in the last gp, although it was Vettel's first few laps in the STR. The car may not be reliable, but it's almost exactly the same as the one David and Mark drive. Sure experience plays its role here, but i think the bottom line is that you cannot see a future champion in Luizzi or Speed, at least not now....

Sawtooth-spike

allan wrote:I agree with u princiessa, to a certain level though.. You could obviously see the pace difference between Vettel and Luizzi in the last gp, although it was Vettel's first few laps in the STR. The car may not be reliable, but it's almost exactly the same as the one David and Mark drive. Sure experience plays its role here, but i think the bottom line is that you cannot see a future champion in Luizzi or Speed, at least not now....
i dont agree that the Redbull and the STR are same on performance levels. remember the whole rear end of the car is differant, they also had a very very short pre season to get the car upto speed. yes they are based from the same design, but i would say they are as differant as 2 people are.

So u cant really say DC and Webber are better than Speed a luttzi, cus they get more from the same car.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

modbaraban

Absolutely. STR are miles back in development (or rather picking up parts from RBR :) )