RaceSalon

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

RaceSalon

Hi all,

Tomba and I will visit RaceSalon tomorrow in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
(:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/6736)

We'll upload pictures and try to conduct interviews with the drivers (if possible)

Someone else going?

Principessa

Hi,

RaceSalon was cool :wink: . We got to sit in a Dakar-car and drive along with a Dakar-driver on a special track with sand. I got picked out to drive along with a Porsche (the kind they race :wink: ). We met Doornbos and Nelson Piquet Jr.....so really nice!

Pictures will be in the gallery later :wink:

Principessa

Pictures online in our gallery :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/Events/RaceSalon/

We haven't uploaded any more pictures of the cars in action as in the hall where the demo's were held it was too dark to snap good pictures!

modbaraban

Coool 8) Nice shots. Looking 4ward 4more :wink:

Principessa

Next week we've got press access at ChampCar race at Zolder :wink:
Much more pics will come than :wink:

Ciro Pabón

Thanks. Nice pictures. We wait for the results of your visit. Enjoy!
Ciro

manchild

If you wondered how Principessa looks like here's your chance. She's in co-driver's seat in that one-eyed Porsche.

modbaraban

manchild wrote:If you wondered how Principessa looks like here's your chance. She's in co-driver's seat in that one-eyed Porsche.
Sorry, Principessa, but you look like a helmet :)

shouldn't have said that :oops:

Principessa

:lol:

manchild

wrk

Principessa,
For a second i though F1Technial had taken out some sponsorship deal on the front wing of the Minardi champ car......

great pics.
gentlemen start your engines......

kurtiejjj

I'm proud though, my review of that weekend's rotterdam racing is included in the news section: http://www.f1technical.net/news/6749

Hope you'll all read it (and enjoy) :wink:

Carlos

kurtiejjj - More than a Rsalon report; rather like sharing a great afternoon and sandwiches with a good friend. Thanks.

Steven
Owner

I had some fun moments at Spyker when taking pictures.

First I kindly asked permission to into their box for some images, which I was eventually allowed after another photographer left. After a shot or 5, another Spyker team member summoned me I couldn't take pics that focus so much on the detail of the car. Well I understand the people, so I left.

However, I came back with my 300mm lens... :D I'll put some images online from that (some are already there) when I find the time.

kurtiejjj

Lucky chap Tomba! Sadly you didn't get press passes either did you? It was smashing that Albers stopped right in front of my nose to do a burnout, only I didn't see too much of him as I was busy trying to get the camera working :cry: Damn, still can't believe it after 2 events waiting in the rain without a lot of burnouts he stops right in front of me.

What I was wondering though has anyone experienced that there is a real difference in loudness between the new V8s and the good old V10s? I did, I was kind of disappointed really the noise wasn't that good 8)