Turkish Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes

Turkish Grand Prix

more petty squabbles at Mclaren hopefully, take each other out, allow Kimi to close right up in the WDC

Jenson to finish :(

fingers crossed

looking forward to the weekend

vyselegend

A good GP! Now every of the four 2007 winners are even with three wins!

And the championships tightens too. I didn't understand what caused Hamiltons's puncture, how long was his stint on the hard compund?

Kovalainen and Rosberg were very impressive today. It augures great fights for the future :wink:

pRo

vyselegend wrote:I didn't understand what caused Hamiltons's puncture, how long was his stint on the hard compund?
At that point, shorter than any on the top 4.

His first stop was later than others and he took more fuel. It looked like he had a good chance to gain position(s) without issues.

(is everyone on holidays or how come there was practically no talk about this GP?)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

West

pRo wrote: (is everyone on holidays or how come there was practically no talk about this GP?)
F1 is the most predictable sport on the planet. These days I read the news to see that Ferrari and McLaren won, BMW's car felt really good that day, and Honda struggled with grip all weekend. That takes five minutes to read as opposed to watching the actual two-hour parade.

I'm just waiting for new tech stuff to come out on here... which is the reason why I come back to this site.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

modbaraban

If you compare this to the previous races in Turkey you'll see how the low grip tyres spoiled it :roll:

-------------

this guy seems familiar. Spyker in serious trouble?

manchild

Looks like Alonso brought with him to Mclaren that mechanic who cost him points twice in 2006 AND positioned him as Hamilton's front-right tyre mechanic :lol: It is second time this year that Hamilton has serious problems with front right tyre. Accidents? Hmm :?

m3_lover

Did anybody laugh at the comment on the team radio of Rubens during the race

Engineering:Rubens, Button is two seconds quicker then you

Rubens: Don't make me laugh
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

tomislavp4

Yeah that was funny, I loughed together with the comentators on the swedish tv :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

modbaraban

m3_lover wrote:Did anybody laugh at the comment on the team radio of Rubens during the race

Engineering:Rubens, Button is two seconds quicker then you

Rubens: Don't make me laugh
Actually the commentator laughed so loud! :lol:

Rob W

I thought that was very funny. Great timing from the pit-radio crew to get that on-air.

Rob W

Tom

Another remarkably dull race. I'm looking forward to Spa and Brazil, and of course the new Fuji circuit, otherwise i expect the same parade.

When did F1 become so boring? I'm sure it wasn't this bad in the late 90s with Hakkinen and Shuey, DC and Irvine. Or was it?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso

As "dull" as it may have been, the results were fantastic, except for the #2 McLaren who I was hoping would end up a bit lower in the standings.

Great weekend for Ferrari though, 1-2 from exceptional drives by Felipe and Kimi.
Certainly wish the reliability levels remain this good up until the end.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Ogami musashi

Tom: definitely the aerodynamic turbulences causes problem.
And that's is worse since 2006 when they raised again the front wing.

Really something has to be done, that's annoying, KR statement speaks a lot.
Massa lamented on it too since several gp and FA did stated it too.

m3_lover

At least in Monza (low down force) you can get a good tow for the straightway..should be nice to watch some decent passing. I am really surprised at the lack of passing in Turkey as the circuit does have some overtaking places.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ogami musashi

The turn 8 requires high downforce witch means aggressive profiles then turbulences.
The lower grip tires of this year don't help at all (according of vassellon from Toyota it is one of the main difficulty to overtake).