Turkish Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

That was quite obvious.
modbaraban wrote:If you compare this to the previous races in Turkey you'll see how the low grip tyres spoiled it :roll:
It's weird how can FIA declare to work on the overtaking dificulty issue while making it a lot worse.

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

Well i think they look at the wrong places to help it wanting to bring down performance while i think they should look at on how performance is obtained.

well we keep on saying it over and over but by restraining the way teams can improve performance they just make things more and more dull and not that safer (thankfully the survivability of cars is really there).

I really look forward to the 2009 start with the new aero package and the return of slicks and even more at 2011.

Belatti
Belatti

Did anyone notice that turn 8 was not well showed in the entire race?
I was expecting to see the turning ratios each driver takes... and nothing! :evil:

What was TV director thinking of?

I think that, in countries where TV director doesn´t have racing transm experience, they should be replaced for foreign TV directors!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

USAF1FAN
USAF1FAN

Hamilton's front wing

McLaren was foolish not replacing Hamilton's nose. Even if damage wasn't clearly visible, that wing took a beating from the disintegrating tire and they had plenty of time to change it.

bizadfar
bizadfar

Tom wrote:Another remarkably dull race. I'm looking forward to Spa and Brazil, and of course the new Fuji circuit, otherwise i expect the same parade.

When did F1 become so boring? I'm sure it wasn't this bad in the late 90s with Hakkinen and Shuey, DC and Irvine. Or was it?
no way, those were great years. You always had the Ferrari Mclaren Ferrari Mclaren top 4 or Mclaren Ferrari Mclaren Ferrari. It was like a double championship/race "win" sometimes. Really loved it esp since the engine sounds were so different. The Merc a screamer and the Ferrari a mean heavy sound. Watching all 4 go past a camera in the space of a few seconds was unbelievable.
Ogami musashi wrote:Well i think they look at the wrong places to help it wanting to bring down performance while i think they should look at on how performance is obtained.

well we keep on saying it over and over but by restraining the way teams can improve performance they just make things more and more dull and not that safer (thankfully the survivability of cars is really there).

I really look forward to the 2009 start with the new aero package and the return of slicks and even more at 2011.
It's always the same, the change something that makes it worse or does nothing even in the short term.

Best change in recent past was probably 2001. Much softer tyres, tyre war, more low/medium df tracks on the calendar and ballistic speed trap figures compared to '00 in most if not all tracks.