Spyker edges near Bankruptcy

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti

Spyker edges near Bankruptcy

http://www.f1technical.net/news/6858

:(

It would be nice if these guys could stay, I miss times with 13+ teams!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban

I don't think there a serious probability for any team to leave F1 completely. Alex Schneider is waiting to pick his team back after not receiving the payments, IMHO.

mx_tifoso

modbaraban wrote:I don't think there a serious probability for any team to leave F1 completely. Alex Schneider is waiting to pick his team back after not receiving the payments, IMHO.
I was under the impression that A.Scheider was going to financialy invest in the Spyker F1 team in order to help them stay afloat.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

In fact if Spyker fails pay him the full sum for the team, he's going to have his team back. It's like buying a car in installments.

manchild

"Patient dead - operation successful". Another classic "cost cutting" & "small team saving" season for Mosley.

"Hurray" :sick:

At least Spyker will be remembered as team who did it honestly unlike RBR, STR and SA.

mx_tifoso

Lets not put Spyker F1 in a "body bag" just yet!

:arrow: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/08/ ... y-stories/

I hope what they claim is true, and that all financial problems are resolved in time. They deserve to compete in F1.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

checkered

Although "the Mole" uses

artistic licence to escape some responsibilities to do with journalism, the latest installment - Dressing up for the boys (link) - is worth a read. It lists a host of rather colourful characters hovering about both Spyker and Super Aguri and possibly looking to invest.

A South African/Portuguese businessman with a history in oil, diamonds, Kenyan molasses and mercenaries. An Indian beer and airline tycoon. A Belgian/Spanish politician turned businessman, who incidentally is a son in law to the Spanish prime minister and buddies with one Italian media tycoon/ex-prime minister of short stature and a penchant for writing love ballads for fun. Giedo Van der Garde's girlfriend's father, who made a fortune in the telecom sector. And of course, as said, Alex Shnaider is back.

Seems the traditions of privateer financing from past decades are alive and well. On the other hand, in the end, all these people can't own Spyker together ... or can they? Have you seen "the Producers"?

:lol:

modbaraban

checkered wrote:And of course, as said, Alex Shnaider is back.

Seems the traditions of privateer financing from past decades are alive and well.
Not that well :( Unfortunately Shnaider isn't like one of those guys... sir. Frank or st. Paul ( :lol: the one with the beard) who have passion for racing. Yes I've heard many times AS saying that he's an F1 fan for a long time, but from his actions I can see that 'business is business, nothing personal' :wink: :x

Heard many times about a Spanish guy willing to buy some SAF1 shares, and probably get his countryman into one of the seats.

Giblet

There will be no vacant spots in F1 for quite some time.

Remember all the bidders last year wanting an F1 team, and David Richards won?

Just wondering.

modbaraban

Any news about Hyunday (whatever the spelling should be)? I heard some ambicious statements about 2009. :?

Belatti

It´s Hyundai

I doubt they could be in F1 soon... maybe with South Corean 2011 GP they could reach...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna