Monza Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FLC
FLC

Monza Testing

Williams didn't take long to follow Mclaren, after Red-Bull:

As Red-Bull were testing with the old version of their front wing:

BMW:

Honda:

Ferrari:

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

On Autosport there is a pic of McLaren at Monza running without the basket handle front wing.....

as expected most teams lose 1 plane on the front wing and went to a trimmed rear, though I am surprised that they are still running those winglet on the front wing...

FLC
FLC

Here is the Mclaren:

I think they also moved those wings on the nose, before the mirrors.
Last edited by FLC on 28 Aug 2007, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

BMW was testing new front and rear wing and a new bodywork.

mahesh248
mahesh248

dam good pics .. interesting to watch all the rear wings of the car , specially mclaren rear wing ..

m3_lover

I am surprised that only honda and ferrari followed the approach of BMW, where the middle lower section of the wing is higher up. It certainly helped them last year
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

hmm, McLaren is also running a single element rear wing...

tomislavp4

Principessa, you mean this thing (on the picture) or there were other parts included?
[IMG:951:698]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2623/13mk32dz5.jpg[/img]

checkered

On another site I read

an observation stating that today Hamilton's McLaren basically danced over the kerbs, effortlessly. With the engine homologation in effect and on a such a low DF circuit, the race can be decided by having the best mechanical grip race dynamics - the same as Monaco btw., but I'd think that aero mattered the most on the "in between", average profile, medium speed racetracks.

I don't know if it was only me, but in Turkey it seemed that McLaren was the most agressive team over the kerbs too. On occasion when the Maccas were close to someone else so as a direct comparison was possible it seemed Alonso/Hamilton both hit the curves like crazy. This could be terrible news for Ferrari's championship hopes - and in their home arena, no less! Are we in for a decider?

BMW is close too, surprisingly close considering they've lost their "highest revving" advantage from last year. Seems they've got Monza figured out on a number of levels. If either McLaren or Ferrari drop the ball in any way, the Beemers will be right there to reap the rewards, no margin whatsoever for mistakes.

Good to see Williams on the offensive, quick to adopt the bridged front wing. Seems the basics of that design aren't too hard to copy and modify. Rosberg sounded genuinely impressed by the designs for the FW30 btw., I'm interested to see what they've got on their drawing boards as Nico certainly is one of the drivers out there who indeed has the capacity to understand the technical side of things in some depth.

Saribro
Saribro

Toyota checking out front rim shields. Sidepod shields seem to have been elongated also.

Funky new stuff on Kimi's helmet?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Toyota have been doing reasonably well, but definately need to improve their race pace. They had the fourth best time today.

Is their "problem" driver or chassis related :?: What do you guys think?

I know this is just testing and times do not mean much, but they may be improving a bit. They may just be able to compete with their customer team this season! ( ten point deficit!)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet
Giblet

You can't judge the Mclaren's curb peroformance in Turkey, the curbs there are some of the least aggressive anywhere.

Unfortunately I don't know where to judge from. No Imola.

FW 21
FW 21

tomislavp4 wrote:Principessa, you mean this thing (on the picture) or there were other parts included?
[IMG:951:698]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2623/13mk32dz5.jpg[/img]
All I see in your little picture is the new front wing main plane, new front wing flap, a small gurney and the top of the front wing strake.

Belatti
Belatti

Ugly Toyota airbox! Makes me remember this!

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

FLC
FLC

I think only Mclaren and BMW have opted to remove those side winglets. Ferrari, on the other hand, went for one profile instead of the "regular" two.