The Rise of Red Bull

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

The Rise of Red Bull

It seems to me that Red Bull could very well be on the verge of troubling the front of the grid.

Money? Check

Drivers? Check (well, for sure they will have some spaces free soon if the need a superstar)

Engineering? Check

Newey & Willis are now teamed up. Newey, we all know about. What about Willis? Well, in my opinion Honda should never have ditched him (cause & effect - who knows? but look at where Hinda are now). Willis & Newey's previous partnerships?? Leyton House March & Williams, both times they were a very effective pairing. IMHO - Willis can be the man that keeps a Newey design just the right side of getting to the finishing line.

Red Bull could well be looking at some good years coming up..........

Belatti
Belatti

Muchos caciques y pocos indios...

Can someone translate from spanish this?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

manchild
manchild

Lots of chiefs and few Indians (if Google is not mistaken).

Militia Est Vita

Lots of nobles and few indians. That one could also be.

megz

Seems like it should happen. Car looks good, Engine IS good, Drivers arent Shabby and tyres everyone else is on I dont see why it isnt now...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Definately a possibility in a few seasons time, if they continue to progress at their current rate. Although to even truly compete with the front runners reliability has to be at a much higher level that it is now.
I dont see RBR as a completely "stable" team, they are here now, but may not be here in a few years. Their comittment to so many other sports and racing categories doesn't make me believe they are here to stay and possibly be up nearer the top teams. Although they have scored 2-3 podiums in the few years they been here.

But as far as resources go, they pretty much do have them all.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bar555
bar555

We shoold not judge Red Bull as a comet team .After all Red Bull owns two teams . It has a completely new car (not just a good evolution as other teams did ) , new engine (Ferrari to Renault change ) and tyres (Michelin to Brigdestone change) new tech team and enough money to push the top teams . Of course money is not everything (Toyota for exaple) . They just need some time to get the experience they need (and reliabillity) and the winning attitude. It seems that simply some points is not enough for them , higher expectations is the goal for them . Coulthard provides experience , Webber is a new talent , Adrian Newey an aero expert , the team is scouting new drivers , glamour , good advertisment . That's all proves that 2008 wil be crucial for the team's future .