The driver's title race - Hamilton vs Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
whiplash

Alonso will win the title I feel he is mentally stronger in the sense he has had Mr shumacher to contend with breathing down his neck for the last two seasons and that is pressure so Alonso all the way now.

Steve Wilson

McLaren need to be careful here not to kick themselves in the teeth. If the Ferarris get 1 2's at the remaining races it's likely to be Kimi on top, and then Hamilton needs to finish ahead of Alonso in those races or McLaren will be saying goodbye to their drivers championship. Of course this is all hypothetical, and we need to see if McLaren can close the gap to Ferarri in the next races, but you certainly can't rule Kimi out yet, Massa however is a bit more out of it.

The fight between the two McLaren drivers is going to be interesting. Of course, I want Hamilton to win, but I still don't know whether he can hack it against the WC right now. He has been losing ground to Alonso, but I'm sure you can never underestimate Lewis' talents so anything could happen.

Whatever the outcome, I think we all need to look at exactly what Hamilton has achieved in his rookie season, I for one didn't expect him to be battling for the title and whilst in most places he's not been the fastest out there, his consistency has rewarded him well.

megz

If there is a Kimi led Ferrari 1-2 Kimi takes 4 points out of the leading McLaren.... Kimi still has a very good chance and he's well over due a WDC imo I want to see Kimi win, it'l be hard, but it's possible!

Rob W

Keitho wrote:Remember Lewis had a tyre problem that cost him several valuable points.
If you factor that in then you have to factor in Alonso's grid penalty at Hungary. It surely cost him a couple of points.

It all evens out in the end. (unless you're Johnny Herbert - in which case it doesn't even out)

Rob W

Rob W

Ciro Pabón wrote:Fernando Alonso dies and goes to heaven. He finds there Juan Manuel Fangio, Graham Hill and Tazio Nuvolari boasting.

Nice one Ciro. :lol:

Rob W

mrmr

Hamilton: McLaren know who to support

"Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren would rather see him win the Formula One title than teammate Fernando Alonso, in light of the deteriorating relationship between the Spaniard and the team...."

more at http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62753

Now we have a war on the track and a war in the media... "Red Mist" of a psychological kind. I am thinking that Hamilton should really just shut up with the character assasination... and win if he can. That's all he needs to say or do. He's not winning me over with his little media campaign. Let Alonso shoot his own foot.

megz

Kimi tops Fuji 1st practise.... Could be a Ferrari weekend....

Vasco

Hamilton has not been that spectacular in this second half of the season. I think now is I really good chance for him to prove himself by bouncing back and beating alonso in the last 3 races. If he doesn't win its not too bad, its still his first season and I think everyone has been very impressed with him. Can you imagine how crazy James Allen will go if he does win...also the imagine the British media!!!!!!

Belatti

Here is a graph where you can see tendences.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

monkeyboy1976

Hamilton really needs to let his driving do the talking. His inexperience is showing now. Alonso has the upper hand in the mind games now. Muppet. #-o

Keitho

Go Hamilton you have just proved how good you are, lets see if you can do it tomorrow. Alonso will be pissed becouse he will be on the dirty side. :)

PNSD

well if it rains that wont matter lol
or even with todays rain it wont matter.

Ciro Pabón

Keitho wrote:Go Hamilton you have just proved how good you are, lets see if you can do it tomorrow. Alonso will be pissed becouse he will be on the dirty side. :)
Well, it seems to me that, for some people, Alonso is always on the dirty side... :P

Go, Alonso! We keep the "dirty hope" alive. The fiercest the bull, the better the bull fighting.

You know what? I'm afraid Hamilton will win, he will win the championship AND we are headed for a "british empire" that will last for 50 years. I dreamt last night that Hamilton went to Iraq to fight with the british army... it's a pity I woke up. :)
Ciro

Keitho

Hay you can pull the knife out of my back now. Remember this thread is, The driver's title race - Hamilton vs Alonso . I don’t care if either one wins as long as they are both 1 – 2 in the end. I like Alonso I also like the No 1 red warrior as well. Hamilton for me and I love McLaren especially because of there KIWI heritage. GO THE ALL BLACKS :)

megz

Touche! Get the NZ anthem for Macca! :D