The driver's title race - Hamilton vs Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Why didn't Kubica crash onto Hamilton a bit harder? Just enough to crack the suspension. Alonso did his part to open up the Championship, Lewis did not. And that's lame. He should've crashed to so that the next two races would be meaningful.

wazojugs

Alonso can kiss the title goodbye now, he has no chance of gainging 13 points more than lewis in the next two race. Considering the consistency of lewis through the season its a tall order.

Lewis just has to be two points more than alonso at china and the title is his.

Shame i wanted alonso to win!

modbaraban

jddh1 wrote:He should've crashed to so that the next two races would be meaningful.
Let's hope he'll be more successful next week :D

Hudsonhawk.

LOL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone can drive an F'ed 1 cart. It's title has been won by a rookie. (You all clim he is super dooper talented and no other rookie can do it - BUT WHAT OTHER ROOKIE HAS EVEN HAD THIS TYPE OF SEAT)

You know it's obvious why Alonso is so upset about Lewis. He is the world champ and he is getting outdone by a rookie fair and square.

Carlos

Deep thoughts Hudsonhawk.

Good Car and Fair and Square. Hadn't noticed before . Thanks. :wink:

captainmorgan

Alonso only needs 12 points to take the WC, not 13. in a points tie, the driver with the most wins (or is it most WC's?) breaks the tie and takes the championship.

This is moot though. I don't think anyone has ever come back from a 12 point deficit with 2 races to go. When all is said and done, Hamilton made less mistakes, and took fewer risks than Alonso, and so probably deserves the WC. It would take a tedious analysis but I think subtracting out team and luck factors, it was probably the closest WC ever, and Hamilton won.

But I think this fair and square talk is a new level of BS. Hamilton cut people off at the start in the early races, making multiple zig zags and no one called him on it because he was a rookie. Then when Alonso takes the racing line and pushes him wide onto a huge tarmac, he complains to all his favorite "fair and square" news reporters. I think Hungary showed he's just as manipulative as he claims everyone else is.

Torso

why isn`t the cheater Hamilton penalized alongside his cheating team?

rkn

why aren't you penalised for being an i****? what is he doing wrong now?? imo, he's only living out everyone who enjoys f1's dream, and everybody wants to pick on him for that. like they could do it better

G-Rock

Pretty soon Lewis Hamilton will be the new driver that everyone loves to hate.
He's already making me cringe with his cocky little remarks how he could have gone faster if he wanted to (even though he already had the fastest lap of the race or qualifying) for example.
I think that's what pisses Alonso off about him as well. It's the little things that can someone insane. He has to realize that he is a rookie who is fortunate to be in a very good team and has little pressure on him because he is young, and if he makes a mistake, he can fall back on his inexperience.
A sport is more than 50% psychological and that is where Alonso is failing. Too much pressure is being put on him because he is beaten by a rookie with nothing to lose.
My prediction for Lewis is that this is his shining year and the coming years will see him falling into obscurity. I hope he savours it.
--------------------------------------------------------

astsmtl

I can disagree with every bad word about Hamilton because:
  • 1. He almost beat 2 times WC Alonso
    2. He deserves to drive the best car because of 1.
    3. Yes, he was aggressive in some cases during the start, changed trajectory several times before turn one. But he didn't push competitors over the kerbs!

Rob W

G-Rock wrote:Pretty soon Lewis Hamilton will be the new driver that everyone loves to hate.
He's already making me cringe with his cocky little remarks how he could have gone faster if he wanted to...
I tend to agree. Some of Hamilton's forced PR-type comments just seem a little smarmy to me.

Rob W

Tom

I agree Hamilton was stupidly agressive behind the safety car but under racing conditions he drove fairly (and super quick!) all race.

I don't think Alonso's problem is pressure, I think he's had an unlucky series of events which has led to him not getting the most out of his team and some problem today (driver error or something worse I daren't comment) I was watching with some Spaniards and a Japanese guy, none of them find Hamilton a particular threat to Alonso phsycologically, although we all had a good laugh at James Allan. Aparently there is a Spanish equivilant.

I don't like the media take on him but Lewis himself seems like a great guy, boy done good I say, congratulate him and wish him luck for the future. I've no doubt he'll see hard times in F1 but I think he'll spend a large percentage of his career at the top, one way or another.

As for Torso, I bet you drive a shi**y little hatchback with gay stickers all over it, lots of cringeworthy fibergass and plastic slapped on and an exhaust you could fit your head in. And I bet you think its the dogs bollocks. You just strike me as that kind of guy.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

West

Hudsonhawk. wrote:Anyone can drive an F'ed 1 cart. It's title has been won by a rookie. (You all clim he is super dooper talented and no other rookie can do it - BUT WHAT OTHER ROOKIE HAS EVEN HAD THIS TYPE OF SEAT)

You know it's obvious why Alonso is so upset about Lewis. He is the world champ and he is getting outdone by a rookie fair and square.
Last I can remember is Villeneuve... he came pretty close in '96 although the scoring was much different. Maybe Hamilton should choose the same path and join a sh*tty startup F1 team and see how he fares.

I think what most people do not like about Hamilton is that he is everywhere. We all know about how his dad sacrificed a lot, that he's a rookie, etc. but damn do we have to hear about it every GP? The little remarks he makes would just about piss off anybody who's been in the game for a while, especially in crappier cars.

All said, while I support Alonso, Hamilton is most likely going to be the WC this year. He has the same equipment as Alonso, and most likely the same support, so he won fair and square. I hope Alonso moves back to Renault and we can have a three-team battle next year (he might want to bring some McLaren and Ferrari information with him too)

And for Tom, not quite the "hot hatchback" you were talking about, but pretty close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Ray

Ooops, wrong thread.

Vasco

Honestly I was impressed with lewis this last race. He was under some serious pressure from alonso who had been outscoring him for the last 3 races and with only a 2 point lead he could easily have cracked. I was impressed with the way he took the fight back to alonso both on the track and off the track. I think that had alonso not crashed yesterday, the best he would have achieved was 2nd. Its just the damn british media that I'm afraid of!