The driver's title race - Hamilton vs Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle

Torso wrote:
I think most people liked Hamilton up untill he stamped Alonso as "illojal" for speaking the truth about how McLaren and their drivers had acces to stolen information from Ferrari.

From that point everything Hamilton says and does will be measured in a different context. His arrogance is no longer from taht of a fresh-pr*ck rooke that has yet to learn his place but rather from a person that is willing to accept cheating...

And that in his first season.

Shame on Hamilton.
What a joke of a post. Alonso didn't threaten to spill the beans cause of some holyer than thou attitude. He threatened it cause he wanted No.1 status and for the team to solely back him for the WDC. Alonso put Dennis in a corner and if I did that to my boss in a fit of being childishly selfish I too would expect the team and everyone in it (inc. Hamilton) to be suitably unimpressed. To Hamilton, Alonso is now a fallen idol. Alonso was cheating remember, and then threatened Dennis with the fact he had. How EXACTLY is it therefore wrong of Hamilton to be unhappy with Alonso's behaviour and therefor defend the team?

You sir, have seemingly taken all the "facts" tossed them up in the air and then forgotten what went where, all very convinently to fuel your own desire to bitch about someone you obviously are desperate to winge about.

Sore loser perchance?
- Axle

Ray

Lewis is getting to be more of a pompous ass as the season goes on. All his comments about what 'McLaren' wants, or how 'they' like him better, or how 'they' want him to win and not Alonso really makes me want to smack him. He's an ass, a great driver, but still a smart ass kid that has been very fortunate the past few months.

And my comment about him seeing so well is very valid, not ridiculous. He drove well, but everyone fellating him because of it is unjustified. KIMI drove a great race! He came from the back in horrible conditions and finished third, what if he hadn't been at the back in the beginning? Probably would have given Lewis a run for his money. So Lewis did nothing special other than keep it on the road. Can we stop kissing his ass now? Please, it's getting old.

The rain in that race made for a race where even the TV viewers and commentators couldn't see. If the damn broadcasters can't see, it's not good for the fans at home. Which I always thought was what the F1 show was all about. But I guess not.

Safety isn't my beef, if I'm going to watch a race I want to at least see the cars. The championshipsis absolutely riveting, I'm loving all the tension. But that last race could have been better.

Rob W

Fan Solo wrote:Lewis is dedicated & fiercely loyal to Mclaren & hes pi**ed Alonso is and has been disloyal to the point of destabilising the team...
In reality, as discussed in another thread, Alonso's threatening to alert the FIA about De La Rosa's emails with him ACTUALLY prevented both himself and Hamilton from being excluded for the rest of the season as drivers.

If he had not spoken to Ron, and Ron hadn't gone to Mosley about it, the pre-empting chain of events wouldn't have happened and the emails would have come out later (possibly at the then planned hearing) and McLaren wouldn't have been able to defend themselves over them. His alerting them gave McLaren certain legal standpoints not to mention instigated Max's offer of immunity to the drivers - none of which would have happened later on.

In a purely legal sense, and I've looked at it from many points of view with a legal mindset, Alonso's actions are the basic reason McLaren is still allowed to race this year.

Rob W

Tom

Torso wrote:
I think most people liked Hamilton up untill he stamped Alonso as "illojal" for speaking the truth about how McLaren and their drivers had acces to stolen information from Ferrari.

From that point everything Hamilton says and does will be measured in a different context. His arrogance is no longer from taht of a fresh-pr*ck rooke that has yet to learn his place but rather from a person that is willing to accept cheating...

Shame on Hamilton.
SOUR GRAPES, SOUR GRAPES, SOUR GRAPES!!!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

You say you despise McLaren, who do you support then and what's your opinion of the Ferrari tyre scandal at the start of the Japanese GP last weekend Torso?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

astsmtl

Rob W wrote: In reality, as discussed in another thread, Alonso's threatening to alert the FIA about De La Rosa's emails with him ACTUALLY prevented both himself and Hamilton from being excluded for the rest of the season as drivers.
The bad fact about Alonso is that he tried to blackmail Dennis with this information and demanded 1st number and support in the WDC race.

Spencifer_Murphy

Some people dont like the fact that Lewis is getting attention. He's making history before our very eyes, I think that deserves some attention.

Ray's comment about "Can we stop kissing his arse now, its getting old" sums up that view point, and is fair enough, but do we need to be reminded about how much arse kissing people bestowed on Michael.

Usually there's a reason people praise the performance of another to the point of it becomming sickening (like they did to Michael, and now Lewis), it's because what they are achieveing is brilliant.

Some people think he's being arrogant, we quite frankly Lewis is being no more arrogant that Fernando who has thrown all his toys out of the pram purely because he want number one status. As far as I'm concerened you EARN number one status, regardless of his two back-to-back WDC crowns in the past, Fernando this year has done NOTHING that warrents sole number one status above his team mate. In fact I think all the two of them have achieved is to demonstate that NEITHER of them deserve numner one status. Fernando's black-mailing has done him no favours, but it does not mean he deserves lesser treatment by the team, his on track performances however warrant equal treatment allonside Lewis who also has proved he can mix with the best of them, thus earning an equal status within the team. I.E, Lewis and Fernando are more or less just as good as eachother and as such deserve equal standing in the team.

Lewis' so-called "arrogance" is no more worse than I've seen from any other sucessful driver, Senna had it, prost had it, Michael sure as hell had it, and Fernando has deonstrated quite clearly this year tht he too has it.

DC doesn't have large amounts of arrogance, with the acxeption of the "I've been in F1 for 150 years now and I know everything" and maybe its a coincidence, but his carear seems to have proved the adage that Nice-Guys dont win championships in F1.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

effuno

astsmtl wrote:
Rob W wrote: In reality, as discussed in another thread, Alonso's threatening to alert the FIA about De La Rosa's emails with him ACTUALLY prevented both himself and Hamilton from being excluded for the rest of the season as drivers.
The bad fact about Alonso is that he tried to blackmail Dennis with this information and demanded 1st number and support in the WDC race.

Had I being fernando(pls.. u guys sure are creative enuf :D ) I wudnt have accepted mails from such a vulnerable source .. But now that HE accepted it I (:P) wudnt have tried to blackmail my team.. Infact I wud have assured them that I wudnt by any means let these emails go out,( unless ofcourse my team wants me to confess)..! But for that I(remember..am fernando alonso) also need assurance from pedro that he wud never speak out my name under any circumstances...!! :!:

:idea: Guess I've given enuf reasons on y mclaren shud fire alonso and hire effuno..! 8)

furnik28

why did this get removed please read and dont make up stuff it make people look stupid.

the rule book stipulating that "NO DRIVER IS NOT ALLOWED TO PASS ON WHEN YELLOW CAUTION SAFTY CAR IS OUT" so when you look at it Hamilton was slowing and Webber see's LH slowing and webber puts the anchors on to keep away from geting a pennalty and hey presto two cars calide so dont jump the gun to early boy's.
rok

Rob W

furnik28 wrote:the rule book stipulating that "NO DRIVER IS NOT ALLOWED TO PASS ON WHEN YELLOW CAUTION SAFTY CAR IS OUT"....
They don't penalise people for pulling alongside momentarily.

Rob W

Belatti

A bit out of topic, but wanted to mention that Ray and Rob W avatars makes me laught a lot everytime I see them.
Good one guys! :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Torso

Tom wrote:Torso wrote:

Shame on Hamilton.
SOUR GRAPES, SOUR GRAPES, SOUR GRAPES!!!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

You say you despise McLaren, who do you support then and what's your opinion of the Ferrari tyre scandal at the start of the Japanese GP last weekend Torso?
I cheer a bit more when Heidfelt & Massa does well;-).

Anyway I hate f1 since 2005...to much rule-changes and to much FIA involvement in the proceedings. F.i the tyre-benefits handed to Michelin in 2005, & the penalty on MS in Monaco 2006. The FIA ruined what could/would have been the best race in Monaco since many many years, and probably the most nerve for the WDC after that based on a to harsh penalty based on the weakest evidence-conclutions I thin I ever seen....

Schumacher got demoted to the back of the grid because he was Schumacher and because Schumacher "does things like that so he had to do it on purpose". That sort of subjective conclutions simply ain`t good enough when what we spectators wan`t to see is a good close race!!!

Now the FIA suddenly has a pile of evidence that Alonso and Hamilton has had illigal advantages for a major part of this season...and the FIA doesn`t put any penalty on them???

Where`s the logic?

It`s ok for the FIA to make huge intervention into the championship battle in 2006 but in 2007 they don`t care even when the crime itself is probably the most severe in f1`s history???

For those that remember what penalties the FIA used to put out reg illigality/cheating I think this years title-race now stinks so much I am not sure I can handle it.

There`s no logic or clear lines in the FIA government. The only reason the FIA doesn`t take away the drivers points from Alonso and Hamilton is because the scandal is so HUGE that it would probably be the end of McLaren if the real fair judgement was made.

A 2 years ban wouldn`t even cover the dirty level they crawled to.

effuno

Schumacher got demoted to the back of the grid because he was Schumacher and because Schumacher "does things like that so he had to do it on purpose

if ur convicted for robbery once and the next time ur seen in the neighbourhood of a just-robbed house, u r the primary suspect.. and then it becomes ur headache to prove that urnt the robber..! unfortunately, thats how the world works. ! (now, pls dont argue that he didnt hit Jv on purpose.. his biography(auto.. is it?..sry..dont rem) clarifies it... :D )

I dont wanna go outta topic; else I wud have dragged the alonso-impeding-massa-in-italy into the talk .. But am not gonna do it.. :P :lol:

[/quote]

modbaraban

Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing...
and it frequently does
© M.Walker

Kass

modbaraban wrote:Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing...
and it frequently does
© M.Walker
So it happens... HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? Stucked during a pitstop?

simtek101

Think you need to add Raikkonen to the title of this thread now...

K