Japanese GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

GP Winner?

Poll ended at 02 Oct 2007, 18:04

Massa
6%
Alonso
17%
Raikkonen
33%
Hamilton
44%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 18

mx_tifoso

allan wrote:i think jappan was an illustration of the whole season for Ferrari....
They made countless mistakes and showed they were left shaken after Michael and Ross's departures... Michael will not come back for sure, but they do need Brawn back ASAP!
I agree, but therein lies the problem, they need R.Brawn in order to get the entire team running smoothly, effectively, and efficiently. But if RB returns, Ferrari have to realize that he is not getting any younger and he won't be here too long, retirement isn't too far away. So it's either get better without him now, or let him make things better for a few years or so, and then be "screwed" without him later. Tough decisions for sure, as Ferrari are in deep water, and its not getting any lower for the time being. Very few departments within the team are operating well, they can't even measure the damn fuel in Massa's tank correctly!

We can at least hope and pray that '07 was a "transition" season and that '08 will be a lot better.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

FLC
FLC

mx_tifosi wrote: I agree, but therein lies the problem, they need R.Brawn in order to get the entire team running smoothly, effectively, and efficiently. But if RB returns, Ferrari have to realize that he is not getting any younger and he won't be here too long, retirement isn't too far away. So it's either get better without him now, or let him make things better for a few years or so, and then be "screwed" without him later.
I disagree. RB is only 53 years old and he could easily have a good 8-10 years at Ferrari. I mean after all, JT is 61 years old and doesn't look to be tired, or at least that's what he said in a recent interview. In fact, he said he could see himself in F1 for another 5 years.

mx_tifoso

What I'm to trying to get across is that Ferrari shouldn't need someone who is partly gone. They should at least give a further attempt to get back on their feet by them selves and with their current staff, I'm sure that they are very well capaple of it. Reliability levels need to go up and strategic organization has to be a bit better as well, at least.

Don't get me wrong though, if RB decides that Ferrari is still in his future plans, then go right ahead. All that I want is success (in honorable and respectable ways). This 15th WCC is not how I was expecting it to come, all these spy-scandal and "cheating" controversies don't exactly make me jump up and down, to be honest. But then again Ferrari probably doesn't care whether one meager "fan" likes or dislikes their championship winning methods.

mx_tifoso

Here is an onboard view from Massa's car during his battle with Kubica, it clears many things up. Both drivers went on and off track many times, its all good then.

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi8LSUqM ... ed&search=

Militia Est Vita

Yeah that was some sloppy driving, very exciting for us fans though 8)

checkered

David Coulthard opens

an "insider's view" on the Fuji Speedway race in his ITV column (link). It addresses many issues discussed on various threads here ... For those checking the link later on, the link will have broken as it directs you generally to the latest Coulthard exclusive, the previous ones are usually to be found in a dedicated sidebar listing all his writings.

DaveKillens

Thanks for the link, mx_tifosi, that's some entertaining racing. Very wild stuff, not the usual precision ballet we see on the dry, but instead bare knuckes combat, more akin to BTCC than F1.
Interestingly, most of it was simple stuff, the inside car forcing the outside one too far out, on the rumble strips and grass. This is very similar to the antics Alonso pulled on Hamilton at the start of the Spa race. Nothing really bad, just hard racing.
But boy oh boy, do these rain races ever turn the event into a crap shoot, where suddenly luck is as important as skill.