most unluckiest driver... mark webber

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

most unluckiest driver... mark webber

Too bad for webber this race(fuji) could have been a very good finish...but his comments bout the f**kin kids with no experience was a bit too much.. in the rain we have seen experience drivers run into the back of cars.

naknak_56

I thought the comment was amusing gave me a chuckle. He does seem to have all the bad luck tho.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

wrk

yes being an aussie i was hoping like hell for mark to do well but once again the racing gods weren't smiling on him........

whats it gonna take..????
gentlemen start your engines......

Steven
Owner

One more year might be enough...

I don't really understand what happened anyway. Vettel drove such a solid race and then all of a sudden he and Webber rolled off the track damaged

wrk

Vettel, had a brain failure..
gentlemen start your engines......

jddh1

It's a shame for both drivers. I was hoping Webber would win this one.

wazojugs

is he going to have the same lame fate as button?!?! by only winning in a freak rain conditions such as he nearly did today.

axle
axle

In that much spray etc I think you can let Vettel off, after all, it was an awful set of conditions...Webber was too close to Hamilton, and vettel too close to Webber. I was waiting for Webber to hit Hamilton as he was getting too close under the saftey car. Vettel should have backed off more, but in fairness no one could see....

EDIT - looks like they've given Vettel a 10place penalty for the next race, so if he isn't due a new engine he might as well fit one!
- Axle

modbaraban
modbaraban

axle wrote:I was waiting for Webber to hit Hamilton as he was getting too close under the saftey car.
But Vettel screwed up the title race disabling Webber to do so. #-o :lol:

Saribro
Saribro

With Hamilton's insane erratic behaviour behind the SC, I'm suprised there weren't more of these accidents. I was actually expecting a penalty for it.

tomislavp4

Hamilton was very agresive indeed :shock:
Too bad I missed the whole colision thing, I was in the wc :oops:

doorboot
doorboot

I found it very ironic because the F1.com race commentry was just raving about how great the results would be for the Red Bull group with their drivers in the points. Then they crashed......
"I'm the manager, I make decisions, I'm responsible for the defeat - not for the victories, for the defeats"- Jose Mourinho

m3_lover

"I was behind Lewis (Hamilton) and Mark (Webber) in the safety car phase and I was exiting Turn 13 and saw Lewis going really, really slow all of a sudden," he said. "I reacted and I was not on full power at the time, and at the same moment I was looking back to the front I was in Mark's rear.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

naknak_56

Just watched the re-run so was a bit more aware :D and i cant believe they didnt punish Hamilton for the way he drove behind the saftey car, when the camera picked up the Webber incident he was quite a long way in front of Hamilton, and i noticed that Hamilton was driving very erratically. He was accelerating into the corners and braking heavily at the apex.
I believe it was as much Hamiltons fault as Vettels.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

Ciro Pabón

doorboot wrote:I found it very ironic because the F1.com race commentry was just raving about how great the results would be for the Red Bull group with their drivers in the points. Then they crashed......
"And now nothing can stop Prost from Winning the '82 Montecarlo Grand Prix, he just doesn't care about the pressure from Patrese..."
(Prost slams into the wall)
"Riccardo is now going to grab his first victory..."
(Patrese spins)
"And that's Pironi leading, driving very slow to save his engine with 1 lap to go..."
(Pironi stops and climbs out of the car)
"It's gonna be DeCesaris, Andrea DeCes..."
(DeCesaris Alfa parked, with him inside, slamming his head against the steering wheel)
"I believe Derek Daly is now in the lead..."
(Daly's Williams crashes out instantly)
--Mario Poltronieri, italian commentator--

Maybe I shoud stop here, but I cannot resist to tell another one:

"And the race started , it was a poor start. But what the hell is going on? No one is overtaking, no one! Just look at them. They are driving swerves. They are so slow! Is this some kind of a strike? This is a scandal, this is a scandal. I don't remember seeing that."
(After a minute of silence)
"Dear spectators I am sorry, this was just a warm-up lap!"
--Mladen Delic, the croatian Murray Walker--

Now, the last one, I swear... :)

"It is the best accident I've had in Formula 1 so far."
--Jacques Villeneuve describes his spectacular shunt at Eau Rouge at Spa, 1998--
Ciro