Stewards vs. Ferrari @ Japan

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Keitho

They got their just deserts in the end though. Kimi was lucky to get 3rd as it was. What about bringing Massa in for a final fuel stop (legal way to let Kimi past) I bet if they weighed Massa’s car it would be heavier than Kimi’s. The fuel rigs were on each car for the same time on both cars so how come Massa was running out (BULL ---). What about the crap Di Montezemolo said about McLaren
"When Lewis wins the championship he owes it all to Ferrari's technology that is in his car," Just proves how unsporting Ferrari is. If they can’t win it’s everyone else’s fault. Look at Renault with there front suspension the FIA were happy with it until BIG BOSS FERRARI cried fowl. I have never held Ferrari in high regard but even less so now. There drivers however are supreme :x

Scuderia_Russ

Keitho wrote:They got their just deserts in the end though. Kimi was lucky to get 3rd as it was. What about bringing Massa in for a final fuel stop (legal way to let Kimi past) I bet if they weighed Massa’s car it would be heavier than Kimi’s. The fuel rigs were on each car for the same time on both cars so how come Massa was running out (BULL ---).
You appear to be talking out of your backside. Like Brundle said, all Ferrari would have to say to Massa is 'Kimi is behind you'. leaving it down to him to move over, just as was done in the past. :roll:
Keitho wrote:What about the crap Di Montezemolo said about McLaren
"When Lewis wins the championship he owes it all to Ferrari's technology that is in his car," Just proves how unsporting Ferrari is.
How inbred are you exactly? You are calling Ferrari unsporting because they are complaining about McLaren Mercedes cheating and being grotesquely unsporting. Think before you write.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Rob W

Scuderia_Russ wrote:You are calling Ferrari unsporting because they are complaining about McLaren Mercedes cheating and being grotesquely unsporting. Think before you write.
The highest sporting power there is decided that there was no proof that McLaren's car implemented Ferrari designs - what do you know that we don't?

People are just jumping to conclusions with no basis in the currently available (publicly) facts on the situation?

(I'm sure many people think McLaren have Ferrari designs implemented in the car - but they don't know it - well, not yet at least - perhaps one day)

R

zac510

West wrote: For SPEED watchers, didn't Steve Matchett say that Ferrari didn't "sign up" for email alerts? Something like that?
This is giving me visions of the FIA email sitting in Ferrari's MS Outlook Junk E-mail folder :)

West

zac510 wrote:
West wrote: For SPEED watchers, didn't Steve Matchett say that Ferrari didn't "sign up" for email alerts? Something like that?
This is giving me visions of the FIA email sitting in Ferrari's MS Outlook Junk E-mail folder :)
Too bad manchild isn't here to photoshop that... he would have been all over it.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

nae
nae

its seems somewhat naive for any team, even the red one, to have missed the email, and apparently they where not the only one to miss the email

all the teams agreed (and we know how hard that is) to implement a email notification system this year and then not to have a means of checking it. makes you wonder if anyone has ever heard of read receipts

not only that there are many ways to trace the timing and path an email takes...

maybe the cia where reading the email for some reason

Ray

Why doesn't an FIA rep simply inform the teams by walking up an telling them face to face about these thing? It seems to me all that time on the grid that is spent wooing celebrity morons is a perfect opportunity to do so.

jddh1

Instead of e-mail they should have Instant Messaging. The mass messages should appear in the bottom of their Live Timing feeds they have on their TVs. They watch that thing all the time, so why not place it there in the bottom.

nae
nae

they used to walk down the paddock telling the teams but it was deemed fairer to send emails. that way there wasnt a time lag in all the teams getting the info. that worked well

apparently the do have some form of Im but its a secret so...

Spencifer_Murphy

A lot of people seem to think that Ferrari's decision to start on inters was unsporting. I'm not so sure, I mean if the FIA hadn't told people to start on wets there wouldn't be a problem.

My problem with Ferrari's desicion is that it undermimes SAFETY. The teams were told to start on wets for safety reasons and Ferrari (assuming they knew the ruling by the FIA, which I believe they did seeing as everybody else knew, including the viewers at home) Ferrari chose to undermine safety on the off-chance that a gamgle with inters might just work out. For me that is unacceptable. Safety should be our prime concern, not only were they putting their own drivers at an unnessecary risk but also the other drivers who they might have potentially collided with.

However we cannot prove that Ferrari did in fact know the ruling so I'd not go so far as to say they deserve a penalty, they don't, I mean regardless of whether theyknew or not, the inters didn't workout and know Kimi can't win the title, thats gonna be harder for Ferrari to swallow than any penalty. (and lets be honest the WDC is the one they all want, so the WCC is little more than a concilation prize to Ferrari).
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Scuderia_Russ

Rob W wrote:
The highest sporting power there is decided that there was no proof that McLaren's car implemented Ferrari designs - what do you know that we don't?
Haven't you read any of Scarbs' posts?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-