The fairness of F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

The fairness of F1

Dear follow forum members,

Apparently I have offended several of you by writing the article: The fairness of F1 ( http://www.f1technical.net/news/7320 ). I would like to point out that this is a column of mine like written on newssites all over the world. With my point of view, which I'm sure is shared by many of you all. Of course this isn't the opinion of everybody and I respect that.

One of the comments was that I have written that Vettel was still punished and that it is not fair. I have to tell you that at the moment when I wrote my column, the news that Vettel's punishment was withdrawn was not yet available. As soon as it was I have published it on the site: http://www.f1technical.net/news/7322

I have to say that I stay with my opinion. Hamilton's driving behaviour was dangerous and it has put other drivers at risk. I believe Hamilton should have been penalised to prevent this in the future! As I also stated in my column, I have a huge amount of respect for Hamilton so this is not an attack on his person. If it was Alonso, Raikkonen or any other driver I would have felt the same way!

I want to apologise to the members of our website who might have been offended by this column as this was never my intention.

levi

Dear Moderator,
You are obviously an ignorant moron who knows nothing about motorsport. I will go back to the other f1 sites that don't spout rubbish.

Principessa

If you tell me that Hamilton wasn't driving dangerous, than I'm not the person in the wrong. I have apologised to the ones that are offended by my column, but I still believe that Hamilton was driving dangerous. If you're still not convinced about that: check the video's!

Steven
Owner

levi wrote:Dear Moderator,
You are obviously an ignorant moron who knows nothing about motorsport. I will go back to the other f1 sites that don't spout rubbish.
Levi,
apparently you are a new member so I will explain a bit.

First of all, the article is clearly an opinion and not a string of facts. You should take it like that too.
Secondly, your opinion here is far more idiotic than anything else posted in the news ever. At least Principessa's opinion was argumented.
Third, if you would just look at the amount of posts in the Mclaren spy scandal thread, you will understand how many Hamilton fans there are, how many Ferrari fans there are and how many others still. All groups have a very own opinion with strong reactions towards each other. I couldn't expect otherwise for this article, but I could expect a more founded reaction though.

Steven
Owner

Off we go to :
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=4751