Kimi's a real sportsman

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
oladunk

Kimi's a real sportsman

I can't help but thinking that Kimi's has a very nice attitude. I think many can learn from him and Itink the F1 would benefit from more of his type.
He has suffered some setbacks but keeps the brave face and continues to talk about trying and tried hard winning races regardless of the WDC situation.
What do you other people in here think about this?
==
oladunk
Formula One Pressroom http://www.check4news.com/f1

FLC
FLC

That he should celebrate better when winning? :lol:

DaveKillens

Despite being a totally bland personality in front of the interview camera, Kimi is quite a character. He doggedly lives life his own way, yet manages to keep from being entagled by the fierce politics within F1. He has a personal life, yet without a doubt, is one of the quickest and very best drivers in the world of motor racing.

joseff

Not to mention a really cool bike

Oh and check out the car in the background, the pics were taken in 2006 btw.

Scuderia_Russ

I wish I could be as laid back as Kimi. Nothing phases him and you never hear him bad mouthing anyone. He just gets his head down and does his own thing.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

ss.vamsikrishna

Kimi is the best and will always be even if he never wins a world championship , he will be always everybody's favorite.The coolest ICEMAN :D

onon

kimi ftw, its no coincidence he is called an iceman

Saribro

Perhaps his racing mentality is a result of the fact that he has a life and knows when to ..erm.. relax :).
In any case, today was the perfect example of how right he was to never give up so long as there's still a chance, however slim it may be.

Spencifer_Murphy

Yeah I think Kimi's a great sportsman, okay in front of the camera he's so bland. But I've heard Martin Brundle sayi9ng on ITV that, when out with Kimi for a night in a bar, and I quote: "He won't shut up." LMAO!

Kimi's always percervering, 2races ago people wouldn't have really bet on Kimi taking the title, even 2days ago many people wouldn't have. But Now he's there, just as capable of doing it as Lewis or Fernando.

He almost never has a bad word to say about his team (even when his Mclaren MP4-17/18A/19/19B all proved that they were not in fact powered by an engine, but insted by Hand Grenades.) And he rarely has a bad word to say about competetors.

That said very few people have a bad word to say about Kimi also. Unlike Mark Webber who is quick to critisize others (especially those "Kids with not enough experience to do the job and f**king it all up") coincidence maybe? I think so.

(That last comment by Webbo btw making me laugh seeing as there are many drivers on the grind younger than him (as he's a jealous old fart in F1 terms) - many of whom are arguably doing a better job than him!)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

megz

I'ma big fan of Kimi, but it's a little sad to see him just walk off and not congratulate Massa after this last race. But yes, Kimi cracks me up and he's an excellent driver.

" I was having a --- " :lol:

modbaraban

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:...and I quote: "He won't shut up." LMAO!
Driver may act differently when not in public. I read that Ant is a real chatterbox in-person, and Quick Nick isn't Quiet at all, but a very fun fella!.. when the media aren't watching of course :)
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:Unlike Mark Webber who is quick to critisize others (especially those "Kids with not enough experience to do the job and f**king it all up") coincidence maybe? I think so.
Well, considering his state I feel for him. I'm sure now he regrets that and should apologise (perhaps he did already).

About Kimi. Well he's Kimi and there's no other like him. :) He doesn't seem to care about anything else within F1 but racing itself. AND he's got the natural ability to avoid messing with what he doesn't care about.

kurtiejjj

Kimi seems to have opened up just a bit more, than when he was at mclaren. Maybe the italian frivolities were of some help :lol:

He's a real character though, if you would know him better I think he might be not so boring after all. Certainly he's more likeable than Alonso.

Regarding Webber I think he should shut up and just get on with driving. Still don't understand what he's doing in F1 though, he isn't actually that good or fast!

FLC
FLC

He's happy, that's all. Take a look at the preview images of every GP weekend, watch the donut he made when he won in Spa. The guy is a lot more happy than he was at McLaren.

waynes

i love kimi :D

kimi

i am die hard kimi fan.. :D ..what i like the most about him is that he never mixes his professional n personal life.he has a cery gud sense of humor amongst his friends but equally cool n composed when making his race strategies..hail THE ICEMAN :D