McLaren bans Ferrari from team quarters

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mikep99
mikep99

McLaren bans Ferrari from team quarters

McLaren bans Ferrari from team quarters 07/10/07
McLaren has banned Ferrari team members from entering its hospitality facilities for fear of another spying scandal, according to reports.

It is claimed by the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo that the Woking based team sent a letter to that effect to Ferrari boss Jean Todt ten days ago.

McLaren was fined $100m and kicked out of the constructors' championship recently at the end of a scandal involving the transfer of Ferrari secrets.

El Mundo said McLaren workers, meanwhile, have been advised to not even speak with their Ferrari counterparts at races.

Todt reportedly replied to Ron Dennis' letter, informing him that McLaren team members are still welcome to enjoy Ferrari hospitality at Grand Prix.
"For fear of another spying scandal"

:?: :?: :shock:

Let me get this right. McLaren were proven guilty, and they are the ones that are worried. :?: :?: :?:
"Todt reportedly replied to Ron Dennis' letter, informing him that McLaren team members are still welcome to enjoy Ferrari hospitality at Grand Prix"
No that can't be right, I thought only Ferrari are bitter , twisted & unsporting. :?: :shock:

mini696

Re: McLaren bans Ferrari from team quarters

mikep99 wrote:
"For fear of another spying scandal"

:?: :?: :shock:

Let me get this right. McLaren were proven guilty, and they are the ones that are worried. :?: :?: :?:
McLaren didn't say they are in "Fear of another spying scandal" that is the journalist trying to make a good story.

Ferrari are just being the "good guys" by saying McLaren can still go to thir facilities.

mikep99
mikep99

mini696 wrote:McLaren didn't say they are in "Fear of another spying scandal" that is the journalist trying to make a good story.
Oh Ok , does that also apply to all the anti ferrari articles you read that some people post on here and base all there arguments on, as if its gospel. Well if thats the case OK maybe it is just for a good story :wink: :wink:
mini696 wrote:Ferrari are just being the "good guys" by saying McLaren can still go to thir facilities.
Did you ever think that maybe just maybe Ferrari are the good guys in all this. :?: :?:

No impossible, were talking about Ferrari here :evil:

mini696

Unless the people her can use a quote to back up their arguments, I dont listen to them too much. Even a quote can be taken out of context, and be manipulated to suit the posters needs.

eg "I went down on my holiday's to the beach where I met a boy" can be written legally and correctly like this "I went down on... a boy"

Bad example I know...

Ferrari might be the good guys, but I dont get involved to deeply with the politics of F1, I watch it for the racing.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Todt reportedly replied to Ron Dennis' letter, informing him that McLaren team members are still welcome to enjoy Ferrari hospitality at Grand Prix.
This pic from Sunday morning assures Todt's polite gesture. Although I'm sure the McLaren associate was willing to enter enemy territory simply for some amazingly delicious Italian cuisine offered by Ferrari.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

We already have plenty of topics on Ferrari vs Mclaren, this journlist is just trying to get a new scope and blowing a defensive move by Mclaren into a new saga.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.