Wurz replacement

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
alleyoop
alleyoop

Wurz replacement

I've read Wurz retire is with immediate effect (Pitpass); any idea about who will drive the Williams at Interlagos?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Alex announced his retirement not too long ago, I'm surprised he isn't going to complete the '07 season in full.

What pitpass.com has is the same as the official Williams F1 site report.

:arrow: http://www.williamsf1.com/#

:arrow: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=33119

As of the '07 Chinese GP, Wurz had 69 race starts, why not complete the Brazilian and make it a full 70? This is really strange. Did Wurz not have a contract for the entire season, or was he a "payed" driver?

Well anyways, I wish him the best now that he has retired from F1, he will be missed as he seems to be a good person and has been here for quite some time now. I'm sure his family is grateful of his decision to come back home and spend more quality time at their side.

. . . . One more of the Formula One seniors to depart from the series.

Regarding his replacement for Brazil, Williams will anounce it tomorrow. I don't know who it will be though, maybe Kazuki Nakajima or Narain Karthikeyan.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

joseff

I'd pick Kazuki.
- No one else is familiar with the car
- Lexus works deal, anyone?

Principessa

I'm rather disappointed that Wurz made the decision to retire with immediate effect. I also believe that it will be hard for the Williams F1 Team as all the engineers and mechanics are very glad with the feedback that Alex gives after he's been in the car.

I don't really think highly of Nakajima. Didn't think he was so good during the GP2 races I've seen this season.

f1.redbaron

I think that he knew that Frank wasn't going to extend his contract, and, my guess is that there had been a fall-out between the two.

Principessa

To be honest, I do not believe that. I believe that Wurz, by becoming a father for the third time and the risks he knows he takes by driving F1, took the decision himself.

naknak_56

Thats a shame Ive always liked Alex seems like a spot on bloke. I don't know what drivers have ties to Williams but Nakajima hasn't been good in GP2 I think there are several drivers from that series that have done a much better job. Also is Nakajima a bit of a wrecker?? suppose that element could add a bit of spice to the final round :D
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

axle
axle

Indeed I think it's family and the value he's placed on that (naturally) that has brought him to this decision.

Good luck to him, hope to see him at Le Mans.

I can't see how they can use anyone other than Kazuki at such short notice...unless they spring a surprise with a new GP2 champ ;) or another famous son ;)
- Axle

Saribro
Saribro

joseff wrote:- Lexus works deal, anyone?
Lexus = Toyota ...

modbaraban
modbaraban

Alex W wrote:"...I'd like to thank the team for accepting my decision and I wish them all the best for the last race of the year."
I'm rather upsed by Alex's performance this year. I expectedd much more from him, knowing how well he did in McLaren and last year. :( I'm glad about his podium though. He deserved every bit of it.
I wish him best at teaching his kids kite-sufing :) Go-go-go W!!!

Not long to wait for the announcement though... and that suggests it's Nakajima who btw is good enough but not yet ready for F1 just recently according to FW IIRC. :roll:
www.williamsf1.com wrote:The team will confirm its replacement race nomination for the Brazilian Grand Prix tomorrow, Tuesday October 9, 2007.

f1.redbaron

Principessa wrote:To be honest, I do not believe that. I believe that Wurz, by becoming a father for the third time and the risks he knows he takes by driving F1, took the decision himself.
Possible. But, was it really that difficult to last just one more GP. Let's not forget that just a few days ago, FW said that he is not certain that Wurz will have a contract with him for the following year.

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Nakajima is a good replacement all be it I doubt he will be in the car next year.

Personally I think AW made the choice himself, his new baby has got to have something to do with it - Interlagos isnt renowned for its safety either - would be enough reason for me to want to go home. Im sure he just wants to relax with his family & chill

Finally, I would like to nominate AW for the best podium celebration of 07, really made me smile :)
MMIAFN

Belatti
Belatti

Fan Solo wrote:Finally, I would like to nominate AW for the best podium celebration of 07, really made me smile :)
Does he hear Heavy Metal?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hehe who cares what he was hearing it was good to see something different than just punching the air.
MMIAFN

modbaraban
modbaraban

That's:

AFAIK.