Alonso tire pressure at china, FIA investigate!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fan Solo

Ahh but its fun debunking them tho, its the close season soon so enjoy while we can I say, although saying that I dont think its going stop anytime soon unless Fernando starts driving faster.

I had to laugh & nearly posted a new thread but thought better of it.

A Spanish Mercedes employee has been vandalising LH's Wikipedia page.

Jelousy huh, blind faith without a clue about F1 more like.
MMIAFN

DaveKillens

I bet Michael Schumacher is relieved he doesn't have any involvement in this sordid affair. Imagine five years ago, the FIA inserting a special scrutineer in the Ferrari garage to ensure the teammates got equal and non-preferential treatment. Naturally, this is a totally different time and agenda, but still............... :wink:

But to the point, this sets a very dangerous precedent. Now we have the situation where any disgruntled driver can opt to complain about being treated unfairly, and dragging the FIA in. Since they have done this "favor" for Alonso, they will be obligated to do it for others.

Fan Solo

Ive tried to make sentances work to get across my thoughts but none of them came out quite how I wanted - so I decided to settle for one word.

Valencia.

Im sure you'll know what Im thinking.
MMIAFN

BitFarmer

Hi, first of all, i didn't want to start any off-topic, rant or flame war at all.

I read all the entries, and, to be honest, all "we" spanish people have is rumors, but that said, i would like to point about something odd: The FIA is going to place a special "spy" on McLaren box, and you all think this a favor to Alonso, but... Why didn't you thought of it as a real clue that something strange is being detected inside McLaren against one of their drivers? If I were in the FIA, only such a reason could drive me to make someone control McLaren steps on the calification days.

Honestly, it was my first thought, but there always exits two sides of the coin, it is natural, and if you prefer it, you can add this note of mine to the list of "paranioid explanations" or, with the same equanimity, to the list of clues that point to something rejectable is happenig in McLaren against Alonso.

About the explanation of 0.2 pounds, well, we here don't work in pounds, feet or miles at all, so for me, 0.2 lbs sounded pretty the same that 200, and also didn't know if it was "per squared inch" or what, I just copied-pasted. It really sounded way too much 0.2 in comparation with 1.5, may be in the original info was 1.2 and 1.5, but the new also said that McLaren recalled the warmers to investigate... again, nothing except rumors, I know.

And to finish, a colour note about Valencia: I don't know if it was widely public or only in local media, but it the presentation of the Valencia project, F1 "owner" said that F1 would go to Valencia ONLY if the "color" of the government (major and so) is not changed on the next elections... the F1 is way more complicated than just a sport, there are politics, bussines, favors, and well, a lot of rumors! :D

Ops, sorry, another rumor: Alonso is now rumored to go to Ferrari, Bild said (were in hell does Bild get this info?). I bet for Reanult, my self.

Fan Solo

BitFarmer wrote:And to finish, a colour note about Valencia: I don't know if it was widely public or only in local media, but it the presentation of the Valencia project, F1 "owner" said that F1 would go to Valencia ONLY if the "color" of the government (major and so) is not changed on the next elections... the F1 is way more complicated than just a sport, there are politics, bussines, favors, and well, a lot of rumors! :D

Ops, sorry, another rumor: Alonso is now rumored to go to Ferrari, Bild said (were in hell does Bild get this info?). I bet for Reanult, my self.
Hey BitFarmer, I can understand you didnt want to end up flamed & sorry if has come across as that, I just get the feeling that all this rumour & speculation is wearing quite thin with the longtime fans of this crazy F1 racing business :)

This whole season has just been completely off the wall & I speak for myself but I do wish F1 'was' just a sport!

The web is a dangerous place from a truth point of view & this year seems to have required the various motorsports media to produce a never ending stream of stories to satisfy our demands & this has let to a real drop in quality from everyone bar the big guns imo.

Last year you didnt see anything new until a Thursday before a race lol - Ill admit it has been exciting but now Im really sick of it all & want to get back to enjoying the racing.

Alonso can beat Lewis if he wants to - hes just got himself all heated up by having to work for it a little, it's equality Mclaren provide not #1 & #2 as Fernando believes it should be and therein lies the problem.

Yes hes WDC x2 but it doesnt mean Mclaren will bow down before him - thats what the £15 million pounds in his Santander account is for - double his previous Renault salary if reports are to belived.

Cmon Alonso & Lewis are both Awesome drivers I just wish they would both race & be cool than have all this sh*t in the way too!
MMIAFN

lane27

casper said
1 bar is equal to 14.5 psi. So 0.2 is equal to 2.9 psi!
what the papers say it´s that pressure was at 0.2 pounds, so i supose it is equal to 0.2 psi (Pounds per Square Inch) in all the wekend except 1.5 psi in the two last set of tyres for Q3

may be it was bar and the papers suposed bad, i really don´t know which pressure is normal for an f1 car, may be it´s diferent than in a normal car as f1 tyres are reforced with kevlar threads inside

casper

louis lane27/penelope lane27,

2.9 psi is too low a pressure, compared to the typical road car tire pressure of 30 psi, or a bicycles tire pressure of 50 psi. This is like splitting hair over nothing.

Tire pressure is not really the main reason why he qualified fourth. We have seen how Alonso drives whenever he is tense. Just look at the Canadian GP. Also, the fact that he broke/kicked/slammed/spit on his locker room door after qualifying reveals that he was really not in control of his emotions. His paranoia is eating into him, and makes him drive erratically by making twitchy turns. Might also be gripping the wheel too tight. I know the feeling too well - whenever another vehicle overtakes me in the freeway I feel that way too because I don't want to eat dust from other cars!

Having the Spanish motorsport association representative in the MacLaren garage for the Brazilian GP is the best thing for him, the team, and Hamilton, so all sort of speculation can be settled once, and for all. There will be no more excuses coming from him if he fails to qualify first or does not win the race.

Let's just enjoy the race.

PNSD

im sorry but you are comparing driving one the freeway to driving a 200mph car fighting for a world championship?

F1 tyres are inflated to only a little over 1atm. Remember how hot they get... and remember temperature and pressure are proportional.

BitFarmer

A little more info/rumor, this time it i was Hemerson Fittipaldi who talked about it in a meeting in the Montjuich circuit -Barcelona- in its 75th aniversary on the F1 (yes, there was F1 in the past there, for those who didn't know).

If you want the link (Fittipaldi declarations): http://www.thef1.com/noticias/noticias- ... -a-alonso/

And about the Montjuich "revival" (with some old and new F1 cars):
http://www.thef1.com/noticias/noticias- ... montjuich/

He talked about the difficult situation Alonso is living, comparing it with his similar personal history, and said that what Alonso is suffering inside McLaren can't be know from outside, also that he suffered similar conditions on '72 and '74, and also talked about tyre presure (my excuses for any bad translated word, the sentence is in no way altered, just I am only a little better than altavista or google in translations!):

"For instance, Fernando complained about the tyre pressure being wrong in Japan and China. I think the difference was of one pound, and that is way too much in the F1, where everything has to be very precise".

Well, it is not any official confirmation, data or anything, just a little more confusion on that matter, but this time, the speaker is of everyone's confidence, not spanish, and not a newbie, I think he is some one to take into consideration.

kimi

there is no way we can ignore his comments.but does that lead to any conclusion??if we refer to his comments it directly blames McLaren team for inflating alonso's tyres with higher pressure.

but i dont think it is as simple as it sounds or feels..

Tom

Thanks to Manchild again, he's not dead.

Not one of mine, very good though.
[IMG:308:402]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206 ... wy2ny4.jpg[/img]
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mini696

How on earth can Alonso claim the team is favouring Lewis? Just a couple of things that instantly jump to mind is the fact Alonso has had the spare car setup for him and him only since the Brittish GP, usually McLaren alternate that. McLaren gave him the brakes he wanted, if they wanted to favour Lewis McLaren would have forced him to keep the original design to gain more data from them, ATM they have to split the testing on each type.

McLaren have the best history of letting teamates race of any front team I know.

Spencifer_Murphy

Now THAT was a good post mini696. I remember abour Mclaren ordering new brakes from a different company (the same as the ones Renault used I think?) to help fernando feel comforable in the car. And I'd heard about the spare car thing a while ago but never actually got proof of it.

But its been so long I'd forgotten those points. At the end of the day Fernando is seocond in the championship by only a few points, if he was being hindered by the team you better believe he wouldn't be posing a threat to Hamilton and it would all be buffed off with a "The car doesn't suit Fernando" PR drivel like the "Rubens doesn't like they way the TC and the brakes work in the car" comment from Honda last year.

At the end of the day he just doesn't like not being given clear number 1 status, and frankly he doesn't deserve it, yes two WDC and all that, but this season - regardless of prior experience, success or achievements - he is being matched by his team mate and as such should be equal. he's getting that, and if he wants more he needs to find a way to be faster and EARN that number one status.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

BitFarmer

mini696 wrote:How on earth can Alonso claim the team is favouring Lewis?
May be because Lewis always have a couple more laps on G3?

Or may be because in Hungria on last G3 laps McLaren team put used hard tyres for Alonso and unused soft ones for Hamilton?

Or because Lewis use to go to tell FIA about internal things in McLaren and FIA punish McLaren and they said nothing?

Or because Lewis don't let Alonso pass on G3, althougt the team is yielding him on the radio, and nothing happends?

Or because in Monaco they were said to lower to 19000 rpm and Hamilton didn't 'cause he wanted to pass Alonso -he couldn't- and Hamilton beged to FIA "Bad guy Alonso didn't let me pass, punish him, come onnnn" and they hold and investigation, and ofcourse McLaren didn't said anything?

Or because Ron said they were racing against Alonso in China?

Or because all the team jump when Hamilton wins or make a pole, and when Alonso do the same the cry for Hamilton not winning?

Or because no one in his team even asked how he felt after the crash in Japan (except De la Rosa)?

Or because the don't tell Alonso anything by radio, even if he have the back alerons broken (Japan) and doesn't know, or Hamilton is out so Alonso can run slower (China)?

Or... well, I just want to make you see a few of the reasons that made him say he had 0% confience on his actual team. And I do agree.

And, by the way, if spare car is set up for Alonso only from GB, then why did they -McLaren- have to work so so hard after Alonso broke his car on Japan and the spare car had to be totally set up for Alonso?

I heard the spare car was set up with a mixture of both drivers so anyone could take the car and run in a moment. And it was De la Rosa who commented it after Japan, the test pilot in McLaren, so I do trust him!

mcdenife

This is getting tiring and I mean no disrespect but:
May be because Lewis always have a couple more laps on G3?
How are team favouring Lewis to eek out another lap?
Or may be because in Hungria on last G3 laps McLaren team put used hard tyres for Alonso and unused soft ones for Hamilton?
Again as requested by Alonso himself as he seemed to think this was the way to go. Drivers with their engineer decide together on tyre choice.
His discussion regarding the tyre was a ruse to delay his team mate, not the teams fault if it backfired.
Dont know where u get ur 'stories' from but it appears either you or your source are new to F1.
Or because Lewis use to go to tell FIA about internal things in McLaren and FIA punish McLaren and they said nothing?
que?? Does not deserve a response
Or because Lewis don't let Alonso pass on G3, althougt the team is yielding him on the radio, and nothing happends?
Again the hungary thing....been flogged to death, beside got his revenge even if it did backfire and still cant see how this is the team favouring Lewis
Or because Ron said they were racing against Alons in China?
.....perhap you need to define what you mean by "Favouring"
Or because all the team jump when Hamilton wins or make a pole, and when Alonso do the same the cry for Hamilton not winning?
....and?
Or because no one in his team even asked how he felt after the crash in Japan (except De la Rosa)?
...and your source for this?
Or because the don't tell Alonso anything by radio, even if he have the back alerons broken (Japan) and doesn't know, or Hamilton is out so Alonso can run slower (China)?
...see previous...surely your source can do better than this.
Or... well, I just want to make you see a few of the reasons that made him say he had 0% confience on his actual team. And I do agree.
Well I agree with u he has 0% confidence int the team, who would after the way he's behaved. Me, I wouldnt be able to look anyone in the eye. Frankly I dont know why he has not been fired (actually I do but thats for some other time).
And, by the way, if spare car is set up for Alonso only from GB, then why did they -McLaren- have to work so so hard after Alonso broke his car on Japan and the spare car had to be totally set up for Alonso?
So a spare car will be available for china....
I heard the spare car was set up with a mixture of both drivers so anyone could take the car and run in a moment. And it was De la Rosa who commented it after Japan, the test pilot in McLaren, so I do trust him!
I probably trust him as well, I'll believe once PDL confirms it and that he did comment on it......again your source?

Its no coincidence that these stories etc not only originate from spain but also appear to be unknown outside of spain.
It is possible to be a fan of someone/thing thats not flawless. But you have to see the irony of the whole thing, accusing the team of the very thing (and more) they refused to be blackmailed into doing by you
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.