JYS to sue Mosley?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Spencifer_Murphy

JYS to sue Mosley?

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41019
Following the ‘spygate’ verdict, Stewart was vocal in his criticism of both the conduct of the case and the scale of the $100 million fine handed to McLaren by the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council.

Mosley responded by telling journalists that Stewart’s pronouncements were not taken seriously by anyone in Formula except some sponsors, and that the drivers saw him as “a figure of fun”.

He also mocked the Scot’s distinctive attire and allegedly labelled him a “certified halfwit”.
Damon hill has been quick to condemn Mosley's comments and declaring that he demands Mosley to apologise to Sir Jackie.

Further proof that Mosley himself is an Ill Informed Baffoon, as it was Jakie who in the 1970's lead the drive for safety - very possibly influencing Mosley's view on safety in a great manner.

Could we therefore claim that a great part of Mosley's agenda in F1 was inspired by a "Certified Half-Wit"?

There's only one certified half wit in F1 and that's Mosley. Everytime somebody shows a different opinion to him, he throws all his toys out of the pram. No wonder his political career when down the pan - he can't debabte for s**t, he just argues and insults, and repeats his own claims hoping that if he says them often enough they might become true.

He's a pig, and for me this is getting to be the last straw.
Sir Jackie Stewart wrote:“Is he [Mosley] going to personally demean everyone who holds a counter view?

“Because all I’ve given is my opinion. I was asked my opinion by the various channels – I didn’t phone them up and call them.”
See my point about opinions? Furthermore IF Mosley thinks that Jackie was running to the press; who's the ill informed one now?
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Scuderia_Russ

Moseley's take.

From Autosport.com

FIA president Max Mosley says he is standing by his criticism of former world champion Jackie Stewart, despite possible threat of legal action by Stewart himself.

Mosley ridiculed Stewart in a recent meeting with British newspaper journalists, the FIA president describing the former world champion as "a figure of fun" and a "certified halfwit".

Stewart himself said in Shanghai last weekend that he is considering legal action against Mosley.

But speaking to autosport.com, the FIA president has insisted that the Scot's criticism of the governing body's actions were unjustified and he has refused to apologise for his remarks.

"Some members of the British motor sport establishment consider Jackie Stewart to be a national treasure," said Mosley. "I have known Jackie for almost forty years, and understand their view, but they must forgive me if I do not share it.

"The comments Jackie repeatedly made to a global television audience before and after the recent hearings into the McLaren Affair were ill informed and entirely misrepresented the World Council's position.

"Jackie claimed the World Council were 'witch hunting' against McLaren. A witch hunt is the irrational and unjustified persecution of the innocent. To make this and other unfounded and partisan accusations without viewing any of the evidence was not only inept but thoroughly irresponsible. Such comments could do nothing but damage to the sport.

"I have no apology to make for having said as much publicly and I am more than happy to repeat this view about him now and in the future."

Mosley accepted that his comments about Stewart may not have gone down well in certain quarters, but he was adamant that his job as FIA president was not for him to be universally liked by everyone in the sport.

"Of course criticising the pronouncements, however misconceived, of a much loved former World Champion is unpopular in some quarters," he said.

"I can only reaffirm the obvious fact that it is not my job to be loved and never will be. Sanctioning a team as prestigious as McLaren for bringing the sport into disrepute is not one I, nor indeed any member of the World Council relished, but we will never shrink from our responsibility to do so if required.

"The suggestions that my original comments were an implied criticism of anyone other than Jackie himself are complete nonsense and unworthy of those who have sought to make them."
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

Thanks for that Russ, very interesting.

Surely you have to ask what exactly is Moseley's job? he seems to know and he's adament that he's doing it right, so perhaps its everyone else thats wrong, perhaps Max's job has nothing to do with running a sport with fairness and equality, constructing rules to ensure maximum safety and reasonable profits go into improving the sport, perhaps Max's job doesn't have anything to do with motorsport at all.
From that interview Max appears quite sure his job is to insult and ridicule others, to make the sport less interesting for fans and business alike, maybe his Job is actually sabotaging the sport for his own amusement.

He's getting that much right anyway.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Militia Est Vita

I would be very very glad if JS can nail Mosley in this one. It would be just a small tiny price to pay for all --- he has done to F1.

Scuderia_Russ

Militia Est Vita wrote:I would be very very glad if JS can nail Mosley in this one. It would be just a small tiny price to pay for all --- he has done to F1.
Depending on who you ask he has saved F1! Hard to believe for all of those certfied halwits I know. The thing is, everyone has an opinion. The only thing here is that he was stupid enough to give it to a bunch of journalists that are obviously going to chirp like canaries. The thing is, if someone else was the head of the F.I.A. how much of a different job would they do? Mosely is given advice and then acts upon it in the best interests of the future of the sport. How do you know that someone else would act any differently? Personally I fear for the day when Max, Bernie or both are for one reason or another not in the positions they currently hold.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

West

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
Militia Est Vita wrote:I would be very very glad if JS can nail Mosley in this one. It would be just a small tiny price to pay for all --- he has done to F1.
Depending on who you ask he has saved F1! Hard to believe for all of those certfied halwits I know. The thing is, everyone has an opinion. The only thing here is that he was stupid enough to give it to a bunch of journalists that are obviously going to chirp like canaries. The thing is, if someone else was the head of the F.I.A. how much of a different job would they do? Mosely is given advice and then acts upon it in the best interests of the future of the sport. How do you know that someone else would act any differently? Personally I fear for the day when Max, Bernie or both are for one reason or another not in the positions they currently hold.
Max can do the job without taking a swipe at other people but he chooses not to.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

waynes

am i the only person who JYS really annoys the hell out of? except MM obviously

naknak_56

Nope i cant stand the guy , while he has my respect for his actions whilst racing and managing his team it seems that he's the goto guy for ridiculously biased opinions on any range of things from the future of Silverstone to the Spygate scandal ( if it involves Brits and F1 ) .
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

kurtiejjj

naknak_56 wrote:( if it involves Brits and F1 ) .
Funny that, although he's a scot jhe still pops in a few nice words for the english 8) :lol: