Brazilian GP - The Big One

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle

Glad to see the punishment is applied to all....no one can complain as they used tyres were taken away.
- Axle

bizadfar

Tom wrote:Thats a fair call, If the FIA descide to punish Hamilton (and the others recieve the same punishment) appropriately then I say fair enough, he broke the rules. If they descide not to punish him then thats fair too as he didn't really gain anything from it. As long as the punishment fits the crime and they take the Japanese GP start into account too.
if the race on sunday is wet, scrubbed wets are better than brand new set of wets.

no advantage?

I respect the decision by FIA/stewards. They went to such lengths to keep mclaren drivers' pts intact. No point throwing it away at the finale thats been hyped up so much.

And I'm pretty sure it will live up to that hype :lol:

kimi

finally the FIA made a right decision not 2 punish lewis.i believe it was team's fault and the FIA did the right job by punishing the teams for it.

the same goes for HONDA n SA also.. :)

HKS

kimi wrote:finally the FIA made a right decision not 2 punish lewis.i believe it was team's fault and the FIA did the right job by punishing the teams for it.

the same goes for HONDA n SA also.. :)
I don't agree with that
Why is Lewis always spared???

Even he should have been given the penalty in fuji and this weekend too :oops:

kimi

Schumi we miss you wrote
I don't agree with that

Even he should have been given the penalty in fuji and this weekend too
well it was the team's decision to go on with a new set of tyres.there is no point in punishing lewis for the team's fault.

bizadfar

kimi wrote:Schumi we miss you wrote
I don't agree with that

well it was the team's decision to go on with a new set of tyres.there is no point in punishing lewis for the team's fault.
so many ppl argue this. Let me tell you another scenario then decide for yourself:

2004 Williams Brake ducts were oversize according to regulations in Canada. BOTH drivers' got DQed. Team fault is it not? Drivers' still copped the penalty.

The decision the FIA took to fine them is as I said "for the sport"

That's all there is to it.

zenvision

kimi wrote:Schumi we miss you wrote
I don't agree with that

From when are we starting to distinguish between team and drivers? oh yeah, its lewis :roll:

Same thing happened to ralf a few years back, and he was penalised with a +0.5s in qualifying...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

HKS

bizadfar wrote:
so many ppl argue this. Let me tell you another scenario then decide for yourself:

2004 Williams Brake ducts were oversize according to regulations in Canada. BOTH drivers' got DQed. Team fault is it not? Drivers' still copped the penalty.

The decision the FIA took to fine them is as I said "for the sport"

That's all there is to it.
I'm in complete agreement with you mate :)

modbaraban

LadyLuck: Ready to order?
myself: yes, can I have finnish donuts on the wet plate please?
:lol:
-------
PS: post # 911!!!

A 911Turbo post :lol:

axle

OMG - I can't believe you're arguing over this TRIVIAL rule break.

McLaren fitted a set of wets to LH's car. He did an installation lap - that's out and in....

Big pause, tyres come off checks are made.

Person(s) in garage fit new tyres forgetting that dry and wet rules are different.

Mclaren send Lewis out and then realise the mistake...McLaren go to the FIA and admit the cockup.

FIA take away all set of tyres (from all teams involved) that have been used for the installation only.

FIA give a fine to all teams involved.

^Where exactly is the crime there??? It was a PRACTICE session!!! It's an error, there's so much pressure in the garages people are human and make silly mistakes. Not even Ferrari have quibbled!!
- Axle

checkered

Forget about

the championship, forget about penalties, there's just this Image left of the 2007 season. Sometimes it's just better to live in the moment.

bizadfar

axle wrote:OMG - I can't believe you're arguing over this TRIVIAL rule break.

McLaren fitted a set of wets to LH's car. He did an installation lap - that's out and in....

Person(s) in garage fit new tyres forgetting that dry and wet rules are different.

Mclaren send Lewis out and then realise the mistake...McLaren go to the FIA and admit the cockup.

FIA take away all set of tyres (from all teams involved) that have been used for the installation only.

^Where exactly is the crime there??? It was a PRACTICE session!!! It's an error, there's so much pressure in the garages people are human and make silly mistakes. Not even Ferrari have quibbled!!
if it rained on race day, those TWO scrubbed sets of wets would be a HUGE advantage.

still don't realize? :roll:

Tom

Lewis could not have scrubbed set of wets to anything like an advantage in the slow exploritory lap he did, the guy already has 10bhp over Alonso, he hardly needs a bigger advantage.

I hate ITV, we're all ready to go and watch the quali and then someone realises its actually on ITV4!!! Qualy the biggest race of the season isn't even shown on terestrial, thats taking the piss.

Anyway, when the flag drops the bullshit stops so sit back and enjoy a real race.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

checkered

Well, the final practice

over and it looks like Ferrari have a shot at conquering the front row. Massa can even afford a slight mistake (fastest and still at least 0.2 secs in reserve), while Kimi should clinch second on the grid with a flawless drive. Hamilton, not about to take unnecessary risks, looks set for third, 0.5 secs separates his optimum lap from the rest of the compatition.

Alonso, if he wasn't sandbagging, needs to find speed somewhere. His optimum lap time compares with those of Webber, Trulli, Barrichello and Heidfeld. I can't imagine Toyota or Honda really challenging him in the race (albeit Trulli is a brilliant qualifier). But Fernando could face real trouble from BMW and RBR, something that he could do without.

Vettel doing really well again. I shudder to think what he could do in a truly competitive car - and am sure he will get one to drive very soon indeed.

morsus

bizadfar wrote:
axle wrote:OMG - I can't believe you're arguing over this TRIVIAL rule break.

if it rained on race day, those TWO scrubbed sets of wets would be a HUGE advantage.

still don't realize? :roll:
" (...) The three teams will also have to surrender the extra set of tyres that was used in order to ensure they do not benefit from having access to an additional set of part worn, or scrubbed, tyres. (...)"