Brazilian GP - The Big One

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bizadfar

morsus wrote:
bizadfar wrote:
axle wrote:OMG - I can't believe you're arguing over this TRIVIAL rule break.

McLaren fitted a set of wets to LH's car. He did an installation lap - that's out and in....

Big pause, tyres come off checks are made.

Person(s) in garage fit new tyres forgetting that dry and wet rules are different.

Mclaren send Lewis out and then realise the mistake...McLaren go to the FIA and admit the cockup.

FIA take away all set of tyres (from all teams involved) that have been used for the installation only.

FIA give a fine to all teams involved.

^Where exactly is the crime there??? It was a PRACTICE session!!! It's an error, there's so much pressure in the garages people are human and make silly mistakes. Not even Ferrari have quibbled!!
if it rained on race day, those TWO scrubbed sets of wets would be a HUGE advantage.

still don't realize? :roll:
" (...) The three teams will also have to surrender the extra set of tyres that was used in order to ensure they do not benefit from having access to an additional set of part worn, or scrubbed, tyres. (...)"
And you just took what I said out of context. Read it again.

axle

Two scrubbed sets, you say....WHAT 2 sets?!!

All the teams were allowed to use one set per car. SA, Honda and McLaren have given back the sets they used by accident (I'm sure the FIA took the least worn pair). And gave back new replacements.

So equality has been restored.

Please get your facts right before you have a go at others for not reading your posts properly!!!!
- Axle

Ray

I'm extremely confused as to what the argument/discussion is in this topic? No one has two sets of scrubs, so what's the point of arguing about it?

joseff

Ray wrote:I'm extremely confused as to what the argument/discussion is in this topic?
That would fall under "unknown unknowns" category, according to your new avatar.

m3_lover

I remember seeing that video on Jimmy kimmel, too bad he is not funny as leno
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ray

I liked Rummy because he had a personality more so than any one else in the White House. He could be funny, serious, and alot of other emotions in his press meetings. But, he got alot of my buddies killed by being a bad Defense Secretary.

That and I like weird avatars. Nothing vanilla from me! :lol:

morsus

Long time no see such an exciting f1 weekend.

Now.. who'll be in front at turn 3? :o

or.. who'll "dnf" by turn 3? :lol:

megz

Wonder if Ferrari will ping Lewis for blocking, he didn't look much like he was in the way but, in both times he encountered him he didnt improve on the sector...

modbaraban

megz wrote:Wonder if Ferrari will ping Lewis for blocking, he didn't look much like he was in the way but, in both times he encountered him he didnt improve on the sector...
They can simply pay him off in the 1st corner (using Massa's @$$) :)

bizadfar

axle wrote:Two scrubbed sets, you say....WHAT 2 sets?!!

All the teams were allowed to use one set per car. SA, Honda and McLaren have given back the sets they used by accident (I'm sure the FIA took the least worn pair). And gave back new replacements.

So equality has been restored.

Please get your facts right before you have a go at others for not reading your posts properly!!!!
No you get your facts right. I know the decision. You get your reading skills right. let me summarize:

-You said bla bla, 2 sets of wets in a practice session is no advantage
- I said those 2 sets of scrubbed wets on race day ARE an advantage
-then Mr Smartman comes in here and says they don't have an advantage because of FIA decision.

Obviously he took it out of context. I was saying regardless of the decision, running on those two tyres WERE AN ADVANTAGE.

Why do you think there was such penalty? :roll:

Tom

OK guys, put the handbags down, if either of you ruin another good race with stupid politics I'll set a rugby team on you. You've clearly had a misunderstanding, rather than get at each others throats why don't you try and make your posts as clear as possible in future?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

wrk

As Tom said i think we all just want a good close race with out all the politics..lets see if this race can be settled on the track...

whether your a Kimi, Fernando or Lewis supporter they all have valid reasons for winning the WDC as long as no one does a schumacher,94,97.06..
gentlemen start your engines......

kimi

we all wanted a season like this,i.e 3 drivers fighting for the championship and that to in the last race.it cant not get better than this. :D

whats gone is gone.so better let all 3 of them race with each other and may the best man win. :D

enjoy the race guys.

tomislavp4

Less than 5 hours people!!!!
I hope will see good fight for the 1st place not just another "tactic race"

If you ask me I think Alonso doesn´t stand a chance of winning this one, both Hamilton and Kimi look very good on the track while he seems kinda lost :?

walter

Massa's pole time suggests to me that he is running very light on fuel. He will play a tactical role for ferrari by controlling the front. I also think that compared to kimi's car, ferrari have made Massa's car more on the edge, since he cant' win the DC this year. That half second difference from 1st to 2nd is rather large compared to the past several races. maybe its just the desire to win in front of the home crowd. I remember barrichello used to shine on this track as well with ferrari.