Brazilian GP - The Big One

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JimmyK

I love this result. But it's not like the British media can be too down, Hamilton always did do very impressively. One caller on five live suggested Ecclestone wanted Raikkonen to win and it was some sort of conspiracy, but I'm fairly sure he said Massa pre-season and that he wanted Hamilton, not long ago.

Edit: on a less flippant note, what actually is the situation in the driver's championship now, is it Alonso or Hamilton in 2nd?

NumberTwo

Nicely done by Kimi, Massa and Ferrari. Refreshingly absent of any in team fighting. They deserve it simply for that. Well done.

Not to mention that preseason bet I laid in Las Vegas paid off.

I was kind of pulling for Fernando, though...

Congradulations Kimi!

NumberTwo

JimmyK wrote:I love this result. But it's not like the British media can be too down, Hamilton always did do very impressively. One caller on five live suggested Ecclestone wanted Raikkonen to win and it was some sort of conspiracy, but I'm fairly sure he said Massa pre-season and that he wanted Hamilton, not long ago.

Edit: on a less flippant note, what actually is the situation in the driver's championship now, is it Alonso or Hamilton in 2nd?
Hamilton second due to one more second place finish in the season.

morsus

Congratz to kimi..very coooooolll WC this was.

Mclaren can only blame themselves..kimi just won this tittle because of their bad management. Well..not just that..he deserved it too, but that played a significant role in the end.. eheh :roll:
That's a shame as i enjoyed this mp4/22.

Can't wait for next season, more drama pls. :twisted:

NumberTwo

Anyone know how many WCC points McLaren would have finished the season with?

megz

McMerc woulda had 218 pts.

KKKIIIIIIMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on him and Ferrari, well overdue for him.

Tom

Well done Kimi, he had the advantage where it mattered and deserved the title. Lewis still got second awith Alonso, and Massa not far behind either.

Well done to all 4 and thanks for a great season. Eerily similar to the 1986 finale we've heard so much about, Great job guys.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ray

The more I think about it, the more I admire Hamilton. He's has made me stark raving mad a couple times this season, but Jesus Christ he is a good driver. I am overjoyed that Kimi won, but I feel a little cheated and let down that a gearbox took him out of the running. I sincerely wished it had been a straight fight instead of a stupid car malfunction. It was a great showdown nonetheless, and I'm happy that the season ended on a high note and not in a stupid courtroom.

Saribro

megz wrote:McMerc woulda had 218 pts.
Not if the Hungary penalty had stuck, but I guess we'll never know :).

Hurah for Kimi!

modbaraban

bar555 wrote:Firts WC for Kimi , welldone , but NO much chearing for him or for the Ferrari team :?: .
Remember previous Michael Schumacher's championships
Japan 2003

Japan 2002

Malaysia 2000

Strange ??? or just ICEMAN .
What about Todt , who was behaving like nothing happened . Maybe a secret Massa fan :?:
I didn't notice the cheering issue... maybe a photo-comparisson would clear that up? :)

DaveKillens

Driver of the race goes to Massa for having it all covered, only to have to hand the win to his teammate. Lackey of the race also goes to Masssa for following in the fine tradition of his countryman, Reubens.

Rob W

DaveKillens wrote:Driver of the race goes to Massa for having it all covered
Massa did a short second (or was it 3rd) stint to let Kimi past.. No other reason at all - pretty obvious. I'm happy about this thought, at least it gives the impression the Ferrari drivers are racing each other instead of the previous habit of just pulling over and letting numero uno past.

Rob W

RacingManiac

btw about the celebration thing, weren't there some rules now banned the climbing of the fence at the end of the race?

modbaraban

Rob W wrote:
DaveKillens wrote:Driver of the race goes to Massa for having it all covered
Massa did a short second (or was it 3rd) stint to let Kimi past.. No other reason at all - pretty obvious. I'm happy about this thought, at least it gives the impression the Ferrari drivers are racing each other instead of the previous habit of just pulling over and letting numero uno past.

Rob W
Massa did a superb job from start to finish. If I were Massa I'd be happy to do the same and help a teammate win the title. Doing so in the last race is NOT the same as pulling over to let the 'numero uno' pass when nothing's decided in the standings yet (AUT GP 2002). Hat's off to Massa.

DaveKillens

All season the Ferrari and McLaren cars have traded superiority, and each development by one has led to a response by their competitor. We the fans have watched two very equal teams battle it out to the very end. But the rac e today was bulldozed by the sheer pace of the Ferraris. They had vastly superior speed once the race was underway, and controlled everything. As races go it was quite boring, with just a handful of noticeable passes, almost all at turn one. But as far as drama and consequence, it was riveting all the way to the very end.
I'm very happy for Kimi, his team, and all the Ferrari fans.