"Silverstone Master Plan"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes
waynes

"Silverstone Master Plan"

http://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/library/1584.htm

pdf files and are quite large

too many words

ABBEY MUST CHANGED BACK A FLAT OUT KINK

balls to the rest of it, then we'll really see the F1 lads committing to a corner

naknak_56

This about the 5th time they said they gonna revamp Silverstone , just a shame its such a dull track from a spectators point of view. Dont know why they dont make proper use of the money and goto a good track or make a new one as the facilities at silverstone are 3rd world
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

waynes
waynes

yeah, its dull as dishwater silverstone :roll:

naknak_56

no really it is , went to my 1st national class race there and walked away disappointed. Went to Brands Hatch 6 months later to watch the world superbikes and was blown away by the difference , grandstands that dont look like the slightest gust of wind would blow them over a good view of more than 1 corner at a time and buildings! real life permanent buildings not shitty marquees.

Then you have Donnington again great spectator viewing at craner curves , Foggies S where you are only feet away from the action its just a shame these great tracks dont have room for the kind of paddock that F1 seems to require these days.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Copse, maggots & Becketts make Silverstone but I do agree its not exactly great for us fans.

Both Brands & Donington are in naturally hilly land and are way better due to the grandstands being very high above the track hence you can see more - maybe Silverstone will take this into account.

Additionally if they do move the pits to between Club & Abbey this could lead to a better view of the complex & maggots becketts for everyone.

Anything has got to be better than now.
MMIAFN

megz

Not quite true. They could build an identical track to Monaco..... :evil:

Belatti
Belatti

Silverstone was Silverstone in the 80´s without 2000 chicanes in it and averages speeds of 250KMH.

Hockenheim is ruined.

I miss super high speed tracks, only Monza is left! :(

Now that Magnycours is out, it is a good opportunity to bring the 4KM long straights from Reims back!!! :D :shock: :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Scuderia_Russ

Belatti wrote:Silverstone was Silverstone in the 80´s without 2000 chicanes in it and averages speeds of 250KMH.

Hockenheim is ruined.

I miss super high speed tracks, only Monza is left! :(

Now that Magnycours is out, it is a good opportunity to bring the 4KM long straights from Reims back!!! :D :shock: :D
There is certainly no danger of seeing Dijon back on the calendar it's a mess. Silverstone does seem to lack a little personality. Although its garages and to a lesser extent pitlane are a little choked, Brands does offer the spectator quite a lot. Donington was a complete bleak fest the last time I was there. There seemed to be very little investment and not much for spectators. Then again from the centre of the track you can see about 75% of the circuit.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-