Kimi Raikkonen - F1 2007 driver's champion!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti
Belatti

Torso wrote:...I don`t think Hamilton will ever be WDC, this year he had so much luck I can hardly see it happen again;-)
JA JA
(ironically)

Lewis, a man that has a smile in this face and quiet walk when he loose is a man that will seek for revenge

I´m glad because of Kimi
I´m sad because of Ferrari

Once the team of my dreams, now I don´t like (I won´t use the word Hate) them.
Maybe I would like them again without Jean Todt and with Luca shutting his stoooopid mouth.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

Unbeliable!

Still can´t understand what was Lewis trying to do when he fought FA in 1st lap.

Here in Argentina, the TV commentator repeated 3 times "LEWIS IS OUT!!!!!" everytime TV showed replay of Lewis struggling with his gearbox. And the other commentator said at the end: "I have never felt happier than today in all my profesional career".
With that objectivity you can´t watch a race.

PS: perdon Ciro, pero despues de la analogia del Tano de la señora caderona cuando va de compras y las ruedas traseras de los autos de F1 tenia ganas de entrarle a garrotazos en la cabeza! :evil:
Igualmente los voy a extrañar, ahora a esperar hasta Marzo! :(
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Militia Est Vita

Si, los comentadores de Fox Sport latino perdieron un poco la compostura jaja.

jamsbong
jamsbong

I am a Ferrari fan but I have great respect for both Hamilton and Alonso and even Massa.

In the first half of the season, I find Both Alonso and Kimi are not performing properly. I often felt Kimi was asleep or something, e.g. in Monaco. Alonso was also not doing well as he went off track in 2 GP on the first corner. such incidents gives me impression that they are amateur.

But in second half of season, they have finally learnt the ways of the Bridgestone tyres. I start to see Alonso picking up speed and consistency eg. Silverstone and Nurburgring. Moreover, you'll see that Kimi was supremely fast in the rain like Japan and China.

So suddenly Hamilton who has been superlucky and consistently cruising on top of the game, felt pressure from these 2 guys. I guess that cracked him on the last race. He mistakenly pressed a button and reset the car.

I sincerely think that either of these 3 drivers are well deserved winners this year. Kimi just happened to end up one point better. There can only be one winner.

Overall, I think we may have a 3 way fight continued next year. Other possible drivers are Kubica and Vettel. I don't think Kovoleinen is consistent enough and he makes many mistakes. I don't think Button has the desire to win like the top guys do. I don't think Weber's bad luck will ever end. I also think Weber's bad luck is mostly self induced, he does not know the meaning of nursing the car.

That's my opinion, what u think?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Before the season started, I picked Kimi to win. I'm actually a bit shocked and stunned at the events of this last month. It only goes to show that anything can, and usually does happen in racing.
There will be endless dialogue concerning his McLaren rivals, and what led to their problems. They got locked in such a battle that each became a distraction for each other, and they lost sight of the title. Meanwhile, Kimi and the Ferrari team kept at their goal, to finally succeed when all hope seemed lost.
This has beeen a memorable year, with great racing action, exciting drivers, and sadly, politics overshadowing everything else. The FIA and Formula One need to take a page from NASCAR, and keep all this fighting between teams away from the general public, where we don't need to be exposed to this facet of the business.
Congratulations to all the teams and drivers, no one got badly injured, or killed. To me that is the real benchmark of a season.

ds.raikkonen

I knew Kimi would win the WC right from the start of the season, even before it. If the retirements at the nurburgring and Catalunya would nt have happened, he d have been the WC by round 14 or so. But unbeleivable race in Brazil, he had a bleak chance. Things went really wrong for Mclaren, sad for them, they had a great season. But, the iceman's the champion for me whatever is decided at FIA about Mclaren's appeal.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Carlos
Carlos

I agree Davekillens, a good season is one where no one is seriously injured or killed. That definitely makes a good season.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

:arrow: http://www.theprancinghorse.co.uk/
Kimi Raikkonen became F1 World Champion in Brazil after a damaging race for Mclaren which saw Hamilton only finish in 7th.
Poor ITV, an hour build up on Hamilton and it came to nothing.
The second sentence sums up the entire season for little lewis.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

kimi
kimi

ya.i saw the ITV footage and it was really boring.they were only concentrating on lewis and hardly on kimi and alonso.it was pathetic to say the least.thats what happens when u talk to the media too much.u try so hard and end up with nothing as media pressure is difficult to handle.

casper
casper

Kimis WDC points in doubt

in http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19815.html

"There are also questions about the way that the FIA handled the question of the Ferrari floor at the Australian Grand Prix. The device was deemed to be illegal a few days after the Australian GP. This clarification was not deemed to be retroactive despite the fact that McLaren alerted the FIA's Charlie Whiting to the problem on March 16 - two days before the Melbourne race - using the protocol that is employed of seeking an opinion from the FIA. This is considered to be a better way to solve problems than by using public protests. Whiting did not rule on the matter until after the event. Thus McLaren could have protested the Ferrari in Melbourne and Ferrari might have been excluded but the British team did not do so "in the interest of motor sport". It has now paid a very high price for trying to avoid a controversial start to the season."
Ferrari gained an "advantage" over other teams during the race using these illegal cars. However good a driver Kimi is, Ferrari used "illegal" cars with movable floors in the Melbourne GP. If points were taken away because of this illegality, Alonso would have been , ironically, the WDC.

waynes
waynes

kimi wrote:ya.i saw the ITV footage and it was really boring.they were only concentrating on lewis and hardly on kimi and alonso.it was pathetic to say the least.thats what happens when u talk to the media too much.u try so hard and end up with nothing as media pressure is difficult to handle.
i watched the race in poland whilst on my way to the ukraine to see manchester united

i downloaded the itv coverage and james allens voice as the realisation super lewis wasnt going to win

the pre race build up was pathetic

oh how happy i am for kimi

ds.raikkonen

Hamilton mongering was on at Star Sports too, for the whole season, they only concentrated on hamilton. in qualy, only hamilton's lap would be shown, it was pathetic! i missed some beautiful laps by kimi and felipe due to that. that goddamn 'lewis lover' steve slater!! its allright if shown sometimes, even when kimi was winning, he was ranting on about lewis all through the race. only in the end he talked about kimi and ferrari. also, when kimi was leading and alonso was in 3rd, he said that in the present order alonso wud take the WC! cant even calculate properly, i hope start sports chuck him out. :evil:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC