Luca di Montezemolo's comments about Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rob W

Luca di Montezemolo's comments about Alonso

...fishy.

He's either hinting at a future relationship with Alonso or he's just trying to wind Ron Dennis up majorly.
"Alonso is world class in every sense, an extraordinary driver," the Ferrari President told Reuters.

"I have appreciated very much his sportsmanship. He lost by one point and I believe it wasn't his fault."

However, he wasn't as kind to the Spaniard's team-mate, saying "youth and nervousness" contributed towards Hamilton's loss of the World title.

He added: "I must say that in the course of the season he has not always behaved exemplarily."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 59,00.html

("exemplarily": is that even a word anyone has ever used before?)

Rob W

DaveKillens

Heck, there's a full-blown war between Ferrari and McLaren. Witness the ferocious attack all the Ferrari principals launched against Mclaren concerning Stepney gate. It's a war, and presently Ron Dennis is doing to Ferrari what they did to him, namely hurt them in the hearing room, legally.
Personally, I don't listen to Monty, he's a devout hypocrate.

vs331

People are reading Montezmelo's comments as saying Alonso will end up at Ferrari
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ake124.xml

Similar thing happened last year before Kimi was signed by them. i.e Montezmelo, Todt were praising Kimi all of a sudden..
You never know what might happen :)

Rob W

DaveKillens wrote:Personally, I don't listen to Monty, he's a devout hypocrate.
I couldn't agree more.

Rob W

West

I will have to agree with Luke this time. I liked Alonso even though he's been a real bitch this season. I guess it was the Lewis mania that drove me nuts. I mean that sh*t was everywhere.

That said, Lewis's mistakes in Brazil and China were as costly as Alonso's in Japan.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

zenvision

I think this was more a dig to McLaren than anything else. If he wanted to praise sportsmanship, he should have seen Lewis being one of the first to congratulate Kimi, both during the celebration lap and also when he got out of the car.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Scuderia_Russ

I hope that Ron Dennis waits until most of the other teams seats are filled and then sacks him over Christmas for gross misconduct. That'll teach Alonso a lesson about loyalty.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

PNSD

zenvision wrote:I think this was more a dig to McLaren than anything else. If he wanted to praise sportsmanship, he should have seen Lewis being one of the first to congratulate Kimi, both during the celebration lap and also when he got out of the car.
Well given that Lewis was right behind the Ferraris when they crossed the line, I think that would have been expected ;)!

TenTenths

How about Montezemolo's comments toward Max and Bernie - I about hit the floor laughing. Luca's been on a tear lately. YOU GO BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modbaraban

TenTenths wrote:How about Montezemolo's comments toward Max and Bernie - I about hit the floor laughing. Luca's been on a tear lately. YOU GO BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mind quoting :?: :)

Rob W

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I hope that Ron Dennis waits until most of the other teams seats are filled and then sacks him over Christmas for gross misconduct
It just can't happen like that. Alonso's contract, like anyone's, will have clear "use me or or lose me" clauses in it meaning they have to confirm him as a race (not test) driver within weeks of the season ending. If they decide not to retain him as a race driver he can walk. In-fact his contract will even have a clause allowing him, until he's confirmed, to talk to other teams. Every day McLaren delays their decision increases the chance he can walk free from them, not reduces it.

Moreso, the contracts enforcement committee that the FIA has would overrule any attempt to sack Alonso for disclosing the team's illegal actions - whether or not he was involved in those actions.

Rob W

zenvision

modbaraban wrote:
TenTenths wrote:How about Montezemolo's comments toward Max and Bernie - I about hit the floor laughing. Luca's been on a tear lately. YOU GO BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mind quoting :?: :)
Oct.25 (GMM) After lambasting McLaren, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has broadened his post-championship attack. Despite Kimi Raikkonen's drivers' title victory last Sunday, Montezemolo used the occasion to denounce McLaren for this year's espionage affair and censure Lewis Hamilton for having not always "behaved exemplarily" in his rookie season. The Italian is now quoted as scolding F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone for having publicly favoured Hamilton as his preferred champion of 2007. "I've read what Bernie Ecclestone had to say about Lewis Hamilton's skin colour and that it would be even better if he was a muslim," Montezemolo said. "Bernie would be better off talking about how the dishonourable decision taken by the FIA was humiliating for everyone, starting with him." Montezemolo also cynically denounced the World Motor Sport Council for earlier this year declaring McLaren's car as illegal but allowing Hamilton and Fernando Alonso to continue fighting for the title. "I've already thought about competing in the next championship with a 8 litre engine -- the team would be disqualified, but the driver would still win," he defiantly mocked. He compared the concept of a McLaren driver winning this year's title to a "jockey who races with a doped horse".
Next > < Prev
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Sawtooth-spike

:wink:

Am people said Stoddard was a looney! Monti you Nutt Bar

Didnt Bernie support Schmi quite abit when he was around?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Belatti

Totally irrelevant thread as well as "Monty´s" quotes.
Only my opinion. :sick:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban

zenvision wrote:Oct.25 (GMM) After lambasting McLaren, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has broadened his post-championship attack....
:lol: Thanx! Gave me a good laugh.