Ferrari F1 2004 - Fastest ever F1 car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ogami musashi

While i do prefer the 2007 basic layout and recent illusion mariner color (i think it is called like that, color that change with illumination) that i find just gorgeous, regret the appendices on the cars.
I mean i love the front wings noses of this year, especially the ferrari one, barge boards , end plates and rear wings are fluid to me, but all the vortex generators everywhere especially on sidepods just make the thing overloaded....in that i prefer the F2004.

But that's true also this is because the 2004 was just a hell on track.

eidetic

DaveKillens wrote:Agreed Tom, although the 2004 was a killer on track, it never turned my crank as far as aesthetics. Especially that big wide nose. But it's a personal interpretation. One man's eye candy may be an eyesore to another.
I actually liked the F2004's looks, so indeed, one man's eye candy is another man's eyesore.

I also remember when they first showed the F2004, a lot of people laughed and said Ferrari hadn't made any progress. I think this was the key to their success though. It was more evolutionary than revolutionary. They had a pretty solid package, so there was no need to try anything unproven.

Giblet

Technically, the fastest, as that is a measure of pure speed, was the BAR Honda world record attempt car that broke 400km/h.

Quickest car is another thing already under discussion :)

HKS

Hey I think even the Mp4-20 was very quick but the only with it was its reliablity

F2004, Mp4-4 and MP4-20

ds.raikkonen

Giblet wrote:Technically, the fastest, as that is a measure of pure speed, was the BAR Honda world record attempt car that broke 400km/h.

Quickest car is another thing already under discussion :)
yeah, it actually clocked 415kph in that run, but fastest car in my opinion was definitely the MP4-20, and the most dominant was the F2002. It won 16 out of 18 races after all.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

DaveKillens

The Honda holds the speed record, if anyone can provide any proof that any other Grand Prix car has exceeded 400 kph, then this may be open for discussion.
The F2002's success rate, 16 out of 18 yeilds 88.88%. The MCLaren MP4-4 won 15 of 16 races, giving it a success ratio of 93.75%. Unless I'm dyslexic, 93 beats 88 every time.

Why do I have the feeling I fell into a Ferrari love-in disguising as a technical article?

Giblet

It's not that it matters, but it's not a matter of opinion :)

Fastest = The highest speed the vehicle reaches.

Quickest = The car that makes it around the track the fastest.

Like they say... all F1 drivers are fast, few are quick.

ds.raikkonen

DaveKillens wrote:The F2002's success rate, 16 out of 18 yeilds 88.88%. The MCLaren MP4-4 won 15 of 16 races, giving it a success ratio of 93.75%. Unless I'm dyslexic, 93 beats 88 every time.
Agreed, Dave, the MP4-4 did win more races, but the way the F2002 destroyed every other car was its dominance. Look at the Belgian GP of that year, Schumi was travelling in hyper space. Also, if montoya hadnt hit Schumi in that spectacular first turn in Oz that year, schumi wud ve won it anyways, making it 17 out of 18 races, think about it.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC