Fantasy F1 cars

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bob_rossi_46

Fantasy F1 cars

Hey, was just wondering if there's any sites where you can post f1 cars you have designed yourself, I've just deisgned my first car and wondered if anybody else did this so i could steal ideas or get help making mine better

thanks alot

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m246 ... M-J005.jpg

modbaraban

Never finished this one... no suspension or wheels... (the livery should be british racing green with DBR9-like orange trimming):Image
(model based on RB3 with bits of F2007)

bob_rossi_46

Che spetacollo! Thats amazing man, which program did you use for it, ill have to have a go

tomislavp4

Damn man, It really is outstanding =D>
and I´m also wondering which program you use, 3D or CAD?

modbaraban

Zanoza Modeler 1.07b (freeware). It's a 3D model for F1Challenge. I planned to race this one in my online championship but failed to finish before the deadline.

tomislavp4

Another nice one :wink:

Carlos

Top End Graphics Programs

If you ever want top end graphics programs that are used for everything from photo work >modeling cars >making video games, these 2 are as good as Photpshop but free, yes FREE - both belonged to corporations that went broke and a bunch of graphics artists and designers formed around them. Did I say they are free? :D

FREEWARE - That means They don't cost Anything :wink:
Blender.org
GIMP.org

Regards Carlos

D :wink: n - F1T doesn't instantly link to .org's Youl'll have to type them in, big deal, big work; I'm gonna mail Tomba and roast him over a large fire :wink:

Carlos

FW21 - Ther's also another program, Cinema4D. I'll post an F1 car done with it when I have the time, I mean the d :roll: m patience, that costs 750USD but I can get a legal copy 1 genOld for 60USD. PM if interested. Wish MANCHILD was around so I could tip him off about Blender and GIMP :wink:

FW 21

I appreciate that Carlos, but I'll hold off for now, Im trying to get my head around Catia V5 at the moment.

eidetic

I haven't worked on it in ages, but I started a thread awhile back: viewtopic.php?t=4367

Now that I can finally work again (had a nerve injury in my arm), I may resume work on that particular project.

/now goes back to browsing all the threads I've missed here over the past few months. (Haven't done much computer related stuff in about 3 months)