Shift of concept for F2007?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ian_E
Ian_E

oops forgot about the Electronics :oops:

But thanks for the welcome.

donskar
donskar

Sorry I failed to intro myself: USA Tifosi. Been following F1 for 50 years (really). It isn't what it once was. Imagine Surtees, Hill, Stewart, Peterson, Clark, Brabham, Hulme and so many others within the span of just a few seasons. Must stop before I get into triple-plug Maserati V12s, Life, Subaru, Motori Moderni . . .

Interesting that Aldo Costa SAID that the longer wheelbase was intended to maximize aerodynamics. Supposedly, a longer, unobstructed flow was the intent. Yes, it was definitely slower on the very tight courses, as one would expect. Now, can the "new" team avoid what we Americans call the "sohomore jinx."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

NickT

zac510 wrote:They have electronic control that stops that from happening.
This is very true but the electronics are being banned next season :wink: I am pretty sure the teams will have been investigating slipper clutches already :)
NickT

meves
meves

Do slipper clutches wear more quickly? If so will the clutches be heavier ( i ahve no idea how large they currently are) or will the teams run into more clutch problems next year with the removal of traction control at the same time?