Schumacher to test F2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djones

Schumacher to test F2007

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3649.shtml

I wonder why?

Just for a laugh or do they actually think he can give some input for next seasons TC ban?

Torso

No other driver in current f1 has that much experience in driving f1 without TC.

Just a fact.

Will be fantastic to see the greatest step into a red racecar again:-)

DaveKillens

Publicity.

He will be driving the 2007 car, and that cannot indicate what the next year's car will be like. As well, he's been away from the competition for a year now, and even despite his enormous talent, he has to have some rust.
If anything, it's to evaluate the difference between the '06 and '07 cars, and what purpose does that suit?

Publicity.

FLC
FLC

October 24th in Fiorano was pure publicity. This smells a bit different. It's Barcelona, which we all know is a great testing circuit and 2 days.
Rust wont be a factor as he doesn't need to beat the clock or other drivers, only give input and that is 100% talent. Besides, after what he did with the MotoGP bike the last thing you can say on him is that he's rusty.
So it's pleasure, work and yes, publicity. Even if he drove his own FXX for 15 minutes it would get them more than enough of it :roll:.

djones

"what he did with the MotoGP bike the last thing you can say on him is that he's rusty. "

What did he do on a MotoGP bike? :D

FLC
FLC

Sawtooth-spike

Torso wrote:No other driver in current f1 has that much experience in driving f1 without TC.

Just a fact.
What about DC or RB? i am sure they have somewhere near the same amount
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

axle

It's just Ferrari and their favourite son playing with the toys at their disposal...

I did p1ss myself laughing when Patrick Head suggested McLaren should employ Schumi! lol.
- Axle

fastback33

DaveKillens wrote:Publicity.

He will be driving the 2007 car, and that cannot indicate what the next year's car will be like. As well, he's been away from the competition for a year now, and even despite his enormous talent, he has to have some rust.
If anything, it's to evaluate the difference between the '06 and '07 cars, and what purpose does that suit?

Publicity.
Schumacher isn't made of metal, he's made of carbon fiber. no rust is possible!

LOL just kidding mate!

mx_tifoso

DaveKillens wrote:He will be driving the 2007 car, and that cannot indicate what the next year's car will be like. As well, he's been away from the competition for a year now, and even despite his enormous talent, he has to have some rust.

Testing the '07 car has to give some significant feedback towards the '08 car, regarless of the driver behind the wheel. Otherwise, what is the point for post-season testing? When surely no team has their '08 spec car ready by the this Barcelona test.

Besides, no one has information as to what has been done (specifically) to the '07 cars in preparation for this test. So we don't have any clue as to what amount of feedback, relevant or not, this test will give towards preparing next season's competitor.

About MS testing the F2007, I'm almost positive that it will be of some type of help for Ferrari. He does have a large amount of experience without TC, so he might be able to aid the current team in developing the setup requirements for the overall package. Who knows really? Only Ferrari will know what MS contributed during the Barcelona test in the end.

And I'm sure that the racing-bug was itching away at him throughout the season, so this test will relieve it for quite some more time to come. Good for him, hope he enjoys it and that it all goes well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

onon

i read that schumi has enormous experience in driving f1 cars without traction control, so he can help in developing the car. i think he will be driving f2007 both with traction and without traction control.

timbo

That is interesting news. I remember Alain Prost tested McLaren at 96-97. There were some comments on that his input really helped the team to rise at 98 (although by that year he stopped testing).

kimi

well whats behind the scenes,only schumi n ferrari knows that.but i believe schumi's experience n skills will definitely play a part in the development of the F2008.he almost spent major part of his career driving without TC.even schumi's race engineer chris dyer also presently is kimi's engineer.so he can really put into effect schumi's feedbacks. i believe he will compare the 06' n 07' cars to get a better idea about the 2008 car. :D :D

Torso

DaveKillens wrote:Publicity.

Publicity.
Rust?

So u don`t remember 1999 do you?

Michael is a natural in a open-wheeler, as long as he is fysically fit he comes with a built-in warranty for competitiveness.

And in 1999 he drove "circles" around Hakkinen and Coulthard & rest even if he had only one good leg to stand on..

Damn I miss his presence in racing so much!

wxavier007

With the aerodynamics regulations so tightly ruled. I don't really expect the F2008 to be much a difference from the F2007 at first glance.