F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xwz
xwz

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Sure there were considerably more F1races than listed on wikipedia, but I still have no idea about the sixth Ferrari win - unless both heats of the Questor Grand Prix in Ontario, each won by Mario Andretti, are counted separately.

xpensive

That's it, two heats, two races.

Your go!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

xwz
xwz

Hm.

- ok, just one more anecdotical question about an Austrian driver, as that little episode was kind of funny:

The scene: Niki Lauda just having secured his first WDC-title in Monza. One of the interviewing reporters seems not to be particulary impressed, as he rather snobbishly asks: "Mr. Lauda, now you're World Champion - but what can that ever mean to you, considering that [ mentions other drivers ] are probably faster than you, but never get a chance to prove it?"
In front of the cameras, young Lauda promptly gives one of his cool replies.

What "other drivers" did the journalist mention, and what was Lauda's answer?

(Sorry in advance if this is one for insiders only.-)

xpensive

Sweet jesus, what kinda question is that?

The "other drivers", as this must have been in 1975, would have been Ronnie, Emerson, Carlos and possibly Jody
but how Niki Lauda responded is way beyond me. Inside indeed.

xwz
xwz

Well - the 'other drivers' were not even competitors, but - "fifty Indian taxi drivers".

Being surrounded by a heap of mikes and cams - How would you have replied to such a question? .-)

xpensive

You are welcome back with a serious question xwz, until then, anyone else want to have a go?

xwz
xwz

That question is quite seriously referring to just another historical fact which is not uninteresting and on record - but just move on if you like, I don't mind at all .-)

xwz
xwz

48hrs - new question: name five classic circuits which hosted only one f1-championship-race each.

Richard

xwz wrote:Well - the 'other drivers' were not even competitors, but - "fifty Indian taxi drivers".

Being surrounded by a heap of mikes and cams - How would you have replied to such a question? .-)
OK so the journalist said Lauda could have been beaten by 50 Indian taxi drivers. What was Lauda's response?

xpensive

xwz wrote:48hrs - new question: name five classic circuits which hosted only one f1-championship-race each.
I'm afraid these kind of search-the-web questions won't gather much interest, why don't you try something a tad more specific?

xwz
xwz

richard_leeds wrote:OK so the journalist said Lauda could have been beaten by 50 Indian taxi drivers. What was Lauda's response?
"Bullshit, mate - you seem to have no idea what the title 'World Champion' is awarded for. It goes to the driver who sucessfully manages to have his workplace in the cockpit of the most competitive car, and completes his job there."

(roughly translated, interview conducted in german)
Last edited by xwz on 03 Apr 2014, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

xwz
xwz

xpensive wrote:
xwz wrote:name five classic circuits which hosted only one f1-championship-race each.
I'm afraid these kind of search-the-web questions won't gather much interest, why don't you try something a tad more specific?
I found it quite interesting to learn that on such a number of very well known circuits the Formula One World Championship has made just a single appearance.

matt21

But nevertheless, here they are:

Ain-Diab Circuit
AVUS
Bugatti Circuit
Donington Park
Fair Park
Circuito de Monsanto
Pescara Circuit
Riverside International Raceway
Sebring International Raceway
Zeltweg Airfield

But i would only call the AVUS, Le Mans and Donington a "classic" circuit

xwz
xwz

I'd say the historic significance of Pescara and Sebring makes them classics as well - Your turn, Matt!

Sombrero

Nobody ? Here a strange one...

These three shootings were taken the same week-end at the German GP In 1976.

Did somebody remember that quite unique story ?