F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcush.

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Simacher wrote:If the driver is Bernd Schneider then he won 24hrs of Nurburgring in June and 24hrs of Spa in September, both in 2013 and I guess there was no other driver won the two classic race in same year? DTM is a sprint race series and not an endurance race...
isn´t this as very special achievement for an old fart who left formula 1 because he thought it was an unsafe career path-in the sense of making a living from it?
But if i´m not mistaken others did win in SPA and Nurburgring in one year as well .. .in 2014 Rene Rast and Markus Winkelhock won both races as well .. :wtf:

xpensive

Come now marcush, don't be that german today, Schneider left F1 because Zak went out of business, wasn't it? :wink:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

-Felix-

The driver I was searching for was Bernd Schneider, and he did also win the 24h race in Dubai in 2013, which makes him the only race driver ever to win 3 24h races in one year, so that was the record I was searching for.

I think it's matt21's turn if this is okay for everyone, because he named the driver and the endurance wins?

xpensive

I'm cool with that, matt21 is the best of us anyways, but if he's busy I have an awesome one in store?

matt21

xpensive wrote:I'm cool with that, matt21 is the best of us anyways, but if he's busy I have an awesome one in store?
Just a quick one, but don´t consult the internet.

Who was the driver with the shortest time between his debut and his first penalty.

xpensive

Jody Scheckter?

matt21

Nope!

Simacher

Anthony Davidson, somewhere in 2001 or 2002 (Belgium was it?) when he substituted oh-so-miserable Alex Yoong, got off his garage and down the pitlane just to be fined for pitlane speeding. It was some 13 seconds between his start of GP career and his penalty issued...

xpensive

Boy you are good!

mikeerfol

Vettel didn't do something similar? ( I think in Turkey)

Simacher

Not very sure about Vettel (if it's the answer then it'll be 2007, but I think Vettel's race debut was 2007 USA after Kubica's shunt in Canada?), Davidson's case was just my vague memory from what I read in old magazine. But hey I didn't consult Mr Google at least...

marcush.

a quick addition in Schneiders case:
i had thought it was 12H Bathurst which counted as he did win that as well that year(and that must be the blue ribabnd for GT/touring car endurance racing?)..

matt21

mikeerfol wrote:Vettel didn't do something similar? ( I think in Turkey)
Thats correct. Turkey 2006, 9 seconds, pit lane speeding

Your go

mikeerfol

I really suck at these so someone else give it a go please! ;)

xpensive

Aha, apart from the NART cars of the 60s, do present another non-red Ferrari and you get the prize?