Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pgj
pgj

Re: Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

Don't rule out Max "ok one more time" Mosely.
Williams and proud of it.

Scotracer

You know, I don't mind Max being the next president after reading the article about him in a recent Autosport (might have been this week's actually):

Paraphrasing (in regards to 2011 and future regulations):

"The teams can have any engine they want, they just have to make it get the most out of a litre of petrol".

=D>
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

modbaraban

Scotracer wrote:"The teams can have any engine they want, they just have to make it get the most out of a litre of petrol".

=D>
What do you reckon:

- Max suddenly saw the light
- Max smelled his a$$ that's on fire (quite typical for polititians)

Scotracer

modbaraban wrote:
Scotracer wrote:"The teams can have any engine they want, they just have to make it get the most out of a litre of petrol".

=D>
What do you reckon:

- Max suddenly saw the light
- Max smelled his a$$ that's on fire (quite typical for polititians)
I take number 2 :)

He knows that he's in a corner where the new team's organisation could just walk out of F1 if they don't get what they want so he has to play along. I friggin' can't wait for regulations like that...I just hope everyone doesn't go for the same 4cyl Turbos :|
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

modbaraban

Scotracer wrote:...I just hope everyone doesn't go for the same 4cyl Turbos :|
Or 3-cyl diesels Image

nae
nae

you are forgetting bernie is the human form of yoda

and will be around for the full 100 year lease of the f1 thingy that he got
..?

nudge

Re: Next FIA president?

WhiteBlue wrote:
Chaparral wrote:Mosely will run again - he has already stated that to BCE over the last 6 weeks - most likely he's firming up a deputy in Bin Sulayem. 8)
That sounds a bit far fetched to me. Sure, Bernie has said that Mosley would run again, but then Bernie tells a lot of tales when it suits his purposes (Donnington for Brit GP :lol: ).
its not far fetched at all...infact he has previous for doing just that.
i am nearly as certain as bernie that max will stand again

WhiteBlue

Re: Next FIA president?

nudge wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Chaparral wrote:Mosely will run again - he has already stated that to BCE over the last 6 weeks - most likely he's firming up a deputy in Bin Sulayem. 8)
That sounds a bit far fetched to me. Sure, Bernie has said that Mosley would run again, but then Bernie tells a lot of tales when it suits his purposes (Donnington for Brit GP :lol: ).
its not far fetched at all...infact he has previous for doing just that.
i am nearly as certain as bernie that max will stand again
while the judges are still out on Donington I guess that even Mosley cannot go back on to virginity. His time is over and he will never be re elected. He only got a bit more than a year to sort F1 the way he wants it. Or perhaps he goes for a Putin solution. But running himself I cannot see.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

nudge

exactly...he hasnt got anything like enough time to secure the legacy he wants for himself.
he has said before he wont stand for re election...yet he did.
heres how it goes. this time next year, mosley releases press statement that he has received many requests from member groups that he should stand, and so has decided to allow the council the opportunity to extend his presidency should they decide that to be in the best interests of the fia.

the same people who gave him the vote of confidence will vote to retain him as president.
The man is arrogant to the core. he wont give it a second though how it may look to a few he sees as his enemies.

WhiteBlue

Montezemolo calls for management change
FOM costs an ongoing issue for the FOTA President
18/12/08 08:51

Ecclestone under pressure to service CVC’s
massive Formula One debt
Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo has hinted heavily that Bernie Ecclestone, F1's 78-year-old long time boss, should consider retirement.

Asked by the media about FOM Chief Executive, and the 68-year-old FIA President Max Mosley, he said: "Time goes by and in a few years I will retire too."

Montezemolo, 61, is sided strongly with Mosley and F1's other teams in pushing Ecclestone for more than 50 percent of the sport's revenue pie.

"We'll see. What's certain is that the time to divide and conquer to rule in F1 is over," he said.

In the London newspaper The Times, Montezemolo was ever clearer about Ecclestone's role, which dates back to the late 70s.

"I think sooner or later he has to stop," the Italian said.

He suggested a clean page in F1's financial governance, currently overseen by Ecclestone and the sport's majority owners CVC, is required.

"We have to open an important page with Ecclestone and (CVC's Donald) Mackenzie, not only in terms of quantity of money but in terms of how to do many things - circuits, spectators, hospitality, television, types of track and timing of races."

Montezemolo said F1 is currently not being run like a 'normal' business.

"Do you think it is normal that we don't have one race in North America?" he charged. "Do you think it is normal that we pay unbelievable amounts for hospitality to promote ourselves at the races?"

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS
Good luck, Luca!! I don't think it is normal.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

..DP

xpensive

Sigh...just as if Montezemolo himself was the one to break ranks with the other manufacturers a couple of years back, obviously seduced by special treatment for Ferrari as well as mr E's money?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

I believe that the FiA voting rules had a beneficial effect. Rule changes can now be made with simple majority if they are tabled more than a year ahead of the due date.

Before 2008 under the Concord any rule change could be vetoed by a top team or by FOM. Bernie used that to divide the teams and baited them with money to get him the respective rules that he liked.

With the new rules the issues are more separated. The teams talk most rules with the FiA and very few rules that impact commercial issues with FOM.

They cannot veto most issues (unless they are short term as delaying KERS was). So there is a lot more unity. I like it that way. It makes for a more straitforward development of F1.

WhiteBlue

dp
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 18 Dec 2008, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

xpensive

Fact remains, that Montezemolo was the one who allowed the teams to be divided and conquered by Ecclestone and his gang of profiteers, by accepting what can only be described as bribery.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"