Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: Next FIA president? Next FOM CEO?

nudger wrote:bernie has totally lost it now,
his praise of Hitler may be his undoing this time.
Much as i believe FOTA would like to use Bernie for political leverage, they will simply have to reconsider their stance to him based on that interview.
I know.
These two are now shaming the sport. I feel like here in the States they are losing fans because who wants to follow a sport with such leaders? Please, get rid of these two, forever.

jddh1

WhiteBlue wrote:Instead of fighting Max Mosley (who would probably gone if they had not challenged him) FOTA should think about how they terminate Bernie's death grip on F1.
I agree WB.
But one at a time I guess. Although, if they had broken away and created their series, they would have killed two birds with one stone.
I'm still hoping this happens in 2012, unless these two morons kill themselves in the meantime.

Belatti
Belatti

+

=

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

WhiteBlue

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 06,00.html
Ronald Lauder, president of the World Jewish Congress, says Ecclestone is not fit to serve as head of Formula One and calls on teams, drivers and host countries to suspend their cooperation with him.
=D> =D> =D>

That would be nice to see. I just think that this guy is allowed to do as he pleases. Nobody will stand up to him.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

donskar
donskar

Much as I'd like to see Bernie go (with Max, please), this will all blow over and be forgotten -- like so many of his other transgressions.

Bernie delivers the money. As long as he does so, he is bulletproof.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

jddh1

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3348.shtml

bernie defending himself...but the comment below is what i liked best.
Bernie Ecclestone wrote:Anyone who knows me knows that I would never attack a minority,
Please, enter comment about women here. lol

WhiteBlue

Dieter Graumann, the deputy head of the Central Council of Jews in Germany said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 09,00.html
No team should work with him any more - a boycott would be more than appropriate. The man is either completely stupid or unbelievably malicious - probably even both. One must not negotiate with fascists. One must condemn them and spurn them.

A meeting over rescue talks for the Hockenheim GP with Baden-Württemberg state premier Gunther Oettinger next weekend at the Nürburgring was cancelled over the controvercy.

=D> =D> =D>

It is time for Bernie to get the boot, IMO. Some people with financial muscle should put it to CVC that they should fire him. I usually do not like emotional labels but I quite agree to call Ecclestone a fascist, he really is. If he were German he would probably be prosecuted now. In this country it is illegal to do Nazi propaganda. I would love to have him interrogated at the German GP by a public prosecutor and the pictures put on live TV.

Edit for Ecclestone comment:

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/others ... 1-sun.html
Ecclestone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press that "I think the people who are saying that (I should resign) haven't got the power to say these things."
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 07 Jul 2009, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Bernie's latest excuse..

"I did not put Hitler up as a good example, but I simply pointed out that before his terrible crimes, he had acted successfully against unemployment and the economic crisis." #-o :^o :^o :^o #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are many more examples of better economists! Especially when the question put to him was about dictators. [-X

Time for Bernie to go with Max, into retirement!
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

mcdenife
mcdenife

I usually do not like emotional labels but I quite agree to call Ecclestone a fascist, he really is.
One makes comments sympatetic to fascists, nazis and dictators and (righthly) there is cry for his head. His mate, spanky, is actually a fascist nazi dictator yet some go to all lengths to defend him or indeed take offence if he is labelled as such.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

WhiteBlue

mcdenife wrote:
I usually do not like emotional labels but I quite agree to call Ecclestone a fascist, he really is.
One makes comments sympatetic to fascists, nazis and dictators and (righthly) there is cry for his head. His mate, spanky, is actually a fascist nazi dictator yet some go to all lengths to defend him or indeed take offence if he is labelled as such.
Would you care to elaborate? I know of no single comment or action that justifies calling Mosley a fascist or Nazi. You simply cannot substantiate the claim. Repeating popular misconceptions or defamations does not make them true. I rather have a truthfull debate. I offer you immediate apology if you can give me an example of Max Mosley supporting fascistic policy or supporting Nazi organizations by word or action in any form that is even remotely comparable to Ecclestones comments. And please don't bring this NotW fabricated story. That has been subject to court scrutiny and was revealed as a scam.

mcdenife
mcdenife

Would you care to elaborate? I know of no single comment or action that justifies calling Mosley a fascist or Nazi. You simply cannot substantiate the claim. Repeating popular misconceptions or defamations does not make them true. I rather have a truthfull debate. I offer you immediate apology if you can give me an example of Max Mosley supporting fascistic policy or supporting Nazi organizations by word or action in any form that is even remotely comparable to Ecclestones comments. And please don't bring this NotW fabricated story. That has been subject to court scrutiny and was revealed as a scam.
I rest.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

WhiteBlue

Vatanen to run for FiA presidency. Its on the front page. Will Vatanen be a FOTA candidate? Almost certainly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ari_Vatanen

What do we know about the policies he has pursued in European Parliment for 10 years? He was initally representing a Finnish party and changed his residency to France. He now belongs to the conservative party coalition of Sarkozy.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Ari won his 1981 WRC with none other than Dave Richards as co-driver.

WhiteBlue

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76759

Some interesting information on the FiA presidential election details.

freedom_honda

Bernie's issued an apology that isn't really an apology. All he did was wrote the word apology in the first sentence. Then the rest of the statement was bitching about politicians can't do their job properly. I'm really fed up with this guy honestly.