Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cma
3
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby cma » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 pm

- New regulations to ensure that the brake discs rotate at the same speed as the wheels

Does this imply someone has implemented a system of differing rotation speeds? What benefit could be gained from this?

FW17
158
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby FW17 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Honda seems to have tried these chimney exits back in 2009 (as per racecar engineering's report on RA109)

Would it have been legal?

Would there been a benefit to these exits or is it better for to flow over the sidepod and down onto the floor?

Image

FrukostScones
129
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Bonnie's Ranch

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby FrukostScones » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:59 pm

only 4 PU's for complet 2015. This is getting ridiculous. How on earth this will work, and does this save any big bucks... :roll:
RB13 is coming soon. Game Over!

SoCalWJS
0
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby SoCalWJS » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:04 am

mikeerfol wrote:
SoCalWJS wrote:Is there a complete list of the changes somewhere? I didn't see anything about Engine Rev limit changed.

Sounds like they are (once again) slowing F1 down. ](*,)


There are more here http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-spo ... 014-munich

Nothing mentioned about upping the revs allowed - just various factors that are likely to decrease grip and ask the engines/Power units to last longer (increase reliability).

Sounds like that net effect will be slower cars. Again.

FrukostScones
129
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Bonnie's Ranch

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby FrukostScones » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 pm

RB13 is coming soon. Game Over!

TzeiTzei
10
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: 2015 noses

Postby TzeiTzei » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 am

Could we actually have the same rules for... i dont know, five or ten years?

Jonnycraig
62
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: 2015 noses

Postby Jonnycraig » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am

TzeiTzei wrote:Could we actually have the same rules for... i dont know, five or ten years?


Well no, we couldn't. FOM want a different winner every season, ideally every race.

matt21
83
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: 2015 noses

Postby matt21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Should we try to do some regulations, we think would be fun for engineers and fans as well but contain cost to a level that an average team can afford, let´s say 100 millions?

mrluke
93
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: 2015 noses

Postby mrluke » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 pm

matt21 wrote:Should we try to do some regulations, we think would be fun for engineers and fans as well but contain cost to a level that an average team can afford, let´s say 100 millions?


You cant.

There is no way Mercedes or Ferrari can go back to their board room and say yeah we came second but we only spent £100m of the £500m you gave us.

mikeerfol
124
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:19 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby mikeerfol » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:47 pm



:?: :?:

bhall II
805
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby bhall II » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:57 am

Let's try this one more time.

bhall II wrote:From 2014 to 2015, as written in the regulations, 8% of the PU will be frozen (cylinder bore spacing, deck height, bank stagger, crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter, pneumatic valvetrain compressor/pressure regulation devices), and half of the remaining 92% can be modified, or 48% of the total PU. From 2015 to 2016, 23% of the PU will be frozen (everything listed above and a shitload of other stuff), and half of the remaining 77% can be modified: or 38% of the total PU.

My question is this: will Honda be obliged to follow the update schedule exactly as written, which ties updates to calendar years, or will their delayed entry be taken into account? In other words, will they be forced to bypass the initial 48% update entirely, because the 2016 rules only allow for a 38% update, or will they be allowed to make a 48% update on account of it being their first update?

It's a convoluted question; I hope it makes sense.

Anyone?

Harsha
22
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby Harsha » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:16 am

bhall II wrote:Let's try this one more time.

bhall II wrote:From 2014 to 2015, as written in the regulations, 8% of the PU will be frozen (cylinder bore spacing, deck height, bank stagger, crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter, pneumatic valvetrain compressor/pressure regulation devices), and half of the remaining 92% can be modified, or 48% of the total PU. From 2015 to 2016, 23% of the PU will be frozen (everything listed above and a shitload of other stuff), and half of the remaining 77% can be modified: or 38% of the total PU.

My question is this: will Honda be obliged to follow the update schedule exactly as written, which ties updates to calendar years, or will their delayed entry be taken into account? In other words, will they be forced to bypass the initial 48% update entirely, because the 2016 rules only allow for a 38% update, or will they be allowed to make a 48% update on account of it being their first update?

It's a convoluted question; I hope it makes sense.

Anyone?

I'm Guessing they will be still in 1st iteration of development so Honda will have 48% update chance instead of Mercedes , Renault and Ferrari

CBeck113
75
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby CBeck113 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am

Harsha wrote:
bhall II wrote:Let's try this one more time.

bhall II wrote:From 2014 to 2015, as written in the regulations, 8% of the PU will be frozen (cylinder bore spacing, deck height, bank stagger, crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter, pneumatic valvetrain compressor/pressure regulation devices), and half of the remaining 92% can be modified, or 48% of the total PU. From 2015 to 2016, 23% of the PU will be frozen (everything listed above and a shitload of other stuff), and half of the remaining 77% can be modified: or 38% of the total PU.

My question is this: will Honda be obliged to follow the update schedule exactly as written, which ties updates to calendar years, or will their delayed entry be taken into account? In other words, will they be forced to bypass the initial 48% update entirely, because the 2016 rules only allow for a 38% update, or will they be allowed to make a 48% update on account of it being their first update?

It's a convoluted question; I hope it makes sense.

Anyone?


I'm Guessing they will be still in 1st iteration of development so Honda will have 48% update chance instead of Mercedes , Renault and Ferrari


I'll guess that they will have to oblige with the update schedule - or the other manufacturers will protest and get additional updates...that's how it usually works, right? :mrgreen:
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" R. W. Emerson

SectorOne
368
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby SectorOne » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 pm

bhall II wrote:Let's try this one more time.

bhall II wrote:From 2014 to 2015, as written in the regulations, 8% of the PU will be frozen (cylinder bore spacing, deck height, bank stagger, crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter, pneumatic valvetrain compressor/pressure regulation devices), and half of the remaining 92% can be modified, or 48% of the total PU. From 2015 to 2016, 23% of the PU will be frozen (everything listed above and a shitload of other stuff), and half of the remaining 77% can be modified: or 38% of the total PU.

My question is this: will Honda be obliged to follow the update schedule exactly as written, which ties updates to calendar years, or will their delayed entry be taken into account? In other words, will they be forced to bypass the initial 48% update entirely, because the 2016 rules only allow for a 38% update, or will they be allowed to make a 48% update on account of it being their first update?

It's a convoluted question; I hope it makes sense.

Anyone?

To me that says Honda right now can build whatever they want, change it as much as they want but have an engine locked for the 2015 season.
Then for 2016 they will follow the same rules as everyone else.

So in a sense they have the benefit of introducing an engine right now and do what they want but if they need to make big changes for 2016 they have missed one year of more modifications allowed.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Crucial_Xtreme
436
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Technical Regulations for 2009-2015

Postby Crucial_Xtreme » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am

OmniCorse.it reports that the FIA have asked teams to change the crash test on the roll bar. OmniCorse does say for now it's just a rumor, but obviously they have a source and most likely it's simply not official yet. The full article can be found Here

Image




Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], CSH17 and 2 guests