Most beautiful F1 car contest

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sebp

Re: Most beautiful F1 car contest

Pure vulgarity!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lijKScN_lC8[/youtube]

Beats that clinical screamer noise on all accounts, imho.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

HampusA

For V12´s i think Ferrari played in it´s own league to be honest.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1InrgZi ... re=related[/youtube]
The truth will come out...

Sebp

HampusA wrote:For V12´s i think Ferrari played in it´s own league to be honest.
Not bad indeed!

xpensive

The 1978 Ferrai 312 t3 was one of the most beautiful ever to my mind.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/162/ ... T3_13.html
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Oss El Boss

ferrari F2008

Giblet

If that car could dial it's aero appendages down from a 10 (the BMW f.108 being an 11) down to about 7.5 it would look perfect.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Muulka

I have to say that, for me, those outboard mirrors are very aesthetically pleasing. They make the gar seem more.... chunky. If that makes sense!

I don't like that car's aero though. Yet I like the BMW's. I have strange and inconsistant taste! :lol:

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I think this is when the cars were at their most aesthetically pleasing.

The current cars are far too sparse for my liking.

beelsebob

andrew wrote:I think this is when the cars were at their most aesthetically pleasing.

Heh, each to their own – I find the cluttered wings everywhere the ugliest cars they've ever made. In fact, in ~2000 or so (don't remember the exact year) the FIA banned wings on the side pods exactly because they were ugly as sin.

Personally I think current F1 cars are some of the most beautiful there's been – it's a close run thing with the cigar shaped ones though.

ajdavison2

andrew wrote:I think this is when the cars were at their most aesthetically pleasing.

Have to agree with you there, I personally found the pre-2009 era cars with all the aero-sculpture stunning. I find the idea just as beautiful ( if an idea can be beautiful :?: ) that everything on those cars was purely function over form, and that it just happened to look amazing in the process. Obviously it's still the case with modern f1 cars, but I find there is less to appreciate than before these rules came into effect.

beelsebob

ajdavison2 wrote:

Have to agree with you there, I personally found the pre-2009 era cars with all the aero-sculpture stunning. I find the idea just as beautiful ( if an idea can be beautiful :?: ) that everything on those cars was purely function over form, and that it just happened to look amazing in the process. Obviously it's still the case with modern f1 cars, but I find there is less to appreciate than before these rules came into effect.
Odd, in my experience almost all engineers will go after what they call "elegance" – generally meaning finding simple solutions to complex problems. Newey's RB7 pretty much epitomises the idea, and to a certain extent the MP4-26. I tend to find the "oh, just stick more wings on it" approach a rather ugly solution both from the aesthetics point of view, and from the engineering point of view.

wesley123

I personally do not really like them on their looks. It is safe as saying that you think this or that is the most good looking cranes ever. These card are built for one purpose, go fast, the best looking doesnt win prizes with it. Although I describe some as good looking and such I find them good looking by the way of engineering, and complexity for example. herefore I prefer 2008 cars way above the cars running now.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ajdavison2

Probably why I'm not an engineer then :wink: haha

Muulka

wesley123 wrote:I personally do not really like them on their looks. It is safe as saying that you think this or that is the most good looking cranes ever. These card are built for one purpose, go fast, the best looking doesnt win prizes with it. Although I describe some as good looking and such I find them good looking by the way of engineering, and complexity for example. herefore I prefer 2008 cars way above the cars running now.
What is your favourite crane aesthetically?

I jest, I jest...

Just because they're not made to be beautiful, doesn't mean they can't be. Many, many beautiful thingswere not designed with beauty in mind.