India will host 2011 Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso

Re: India 'will host 2011 Grand Prix'

The "other" India thread was recently closed because of politics and similar agendas, so please be careful with the direction of your posts.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

Re: India will host 2011 Grand Prix

India has the eleventh largest economy in the world and is growing much faster than many of the economies in front. So there is enough justification purely on economic grounds for F1 to place a race there to benefit from business growth. People who look for different criteria simply overlook that F1 is an entertainment business which needs to make rational investment decisions based on proper marketing and demographic data.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

terribleone

Re: India 'will host 2011 Grand Prix'

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Vasco wrote:I hope that things will be better organized than the 2010 commonwealth games. The last thing you would want are drivers pulling out due to some illness.

What ---!!! Which athlete came to New Delhi and left sick??

Agreed run up to the games was a fiasco (as was Korea), but the games were run as well as any international event.
Heavy security leaves Delhi’s Commonwealth Games road race devoid of spectators
With central Delhi emptied for Commonwealth Games cycling Sunday, India presented a desolate face which had more in common with the opening of an apocalyptic zombie horror film.

There were no spectators anywhere on the road race course winding around Connaught Square, with police having shut all access roads and the streets around the city’s iconic markets, gardens and monuments eerily still.

The intention was to secure the race amid fears over terrorist attacks in the normally bustling city but it left some participants wondering if the authorities had been over-zealous in their decision to scrap atmosphere in favour of peace of mind.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/10/ ... ors_145627#

I know that they are not exactly the same, but the fact is a large number of fans were too much for the Indian govt. to handle during the Commonwealth Games.

FW17

terribleone wrote:I know that they are not exactly the same, but the fact is a large number of fans were too much for the Indian govt. to handle during the Commonwealth Games.
India does not need travellers to fill the stands,

There are enough fans and novelty crowd locally to fill F1 stands like this...

f136

WilliamsF1 wrote:
terribleone wrote:I know that they are not exactly the same, but the fact is a large number of fans were too much for the Indian govt. to handle during the Commonwealth Games.

[img]http://cricket.butjazz.com/wp-content/u ... ia.jpg[img]
Yes I Agreed Your Thought :D
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 31 Jan 2011, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: disabled img tags.

rahulsampath

The circuit is said to be completed by may-june

ImageImage
Last edited by rahulsampath on 01 Mar 2011, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

That looks quite advanced.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

siskue2005

that elevation change is great

sriraj1031

Me being in the field of Construction they need to work in 24 hour shift to complete the whole show, hope they are doing just that

Richard

When were those pics taken?

Looking dicey for completion to Ron Dennis standards by Oct 11. However, it looks far enough advanced to be able to get the grandstand to stay up, have the seats in place and the track/barriers/fences/pits ready in time. The fit out might be somewhat behind programme (ie PA, TV screen, lighting, toilets, shops etc)

The invasion of motorhomes and team hospitality factilties will cover up any bits that might not be finished.

gibells

WilliamsF1 wrote:

Yeah but for Indians cricket is like Nascar, Football, Baseball, Rugby all rolled into one. Hardly a good comparison unfortunately. I've no doubt there's a good following of motorsport but the limitation will be, as it is always, the cost of the tickets.

It would be great get a feeling from some of our members in India.

FW17

gibells wrote: Yeah but for Indians cricket is like Nascar, Football, Baseball, Rugby all rolled into one. Hardly a good comparison unfortunately. I've no doubt there's a good following of motorsport but the limitation will be, as it is always, the cost of the tickets.

It would be great get a feeling from some of our members in India.
Don't expect the cost of tickets to be any higher than a cricket match.

I also expect Indian GP to be paying one of the least amounts to BE on the books while the rest will be in bags. With the amount of black money in the India, this is one of the innovative new ways to launder money by the promoters.

Now it can be seen from space..........
http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=2 ... urce=embed

PlatinumZealot

There are hundreds of thousands of rich Indians, they'll will fill those stands in no time.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

FW17

If you want to see a crowd, THIS IS IT!!

40,000 for a promo event

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXacaz5pAA[/youtube]